ketosis

bexterj24

why does it feel like nothing has changed its end of day3 n no usual symptoms not even the bad breath lol. im worrying now about wi. think ill av to get some ketostix! :(

Don't waste your money. If you're not in ketosis yet then peeing on a stick isn't going to change that. It's early yet it can take 5/6 days to get into ketosis

Your wi result won't be affected you'll still lose.

i think its just because when ive done LT previously its always been day3. im sure itl come ive been100%

i must admit i happily pay £4 for a tub of ketostix and i use a few in the run up to being in ketosis. If the sticks stay beige then at least i know im not quite there yet and it stops me thinking am i, aren't i. Then when i turns pink you can relax because you know your there and on your way.

I have a question about ketosis. How long would it take for you to be knocked out of ketosis?

I was not 100% TS yesterday and I ended up eating two medium boiled eggs and a tin of tuna (130g in spring water). I also went to bed at 21:15 and woke up this morning without any muscle aches (from exercising).

I weewee'd on a stick and there was no change from before and I was still on the 4th on the scale.

Any ideas?

I have a question about ketosis. How long would it take for you to be knocked out of ketosis?

I was not 100% TS yesterday and I ended up eating two medium boiled eggs and a tin of tuna (130g in spring water). I also went to bed at 21:15 and woke up this morning without any muscle aches (from exercising).

I weewee'd on a stick and there was no change from before and I was still on the 4th on the scale.

Any ideas?

Tuna and boiled eggs won't kick you out of ketosis - these a are high protein foods.

People have found, even when they want kicked out of ketosis to be able to drink alcohol that it takes more carbohydrate to knock them out of ketosis than they expected and have ended up feeling quite ill after drinking alcohol.

Yeh, you could eat tuna and boiled eggs all day long,... 5000 calories worth if you liked and you still wouldn't get out of ketosis... these two foods are about as carb free as it gets, particularly the eggs.

I think you'd have to have a couple of slices of bread, pasta, crisps, that kind of thing. It also depends on how active you are, exercise burns carbs super fast - it is interesting to read bodybuilding forums at times (and i have no real interest in body buliding, lol, i hate it), because they discuss nutrition a lot. A lot of them use ketosis generating diets to get lean and to build muscle. They all tend to give themselves a carb-loading just before they do a huge workout to feed their muscles, knowing that after their mammoth weight lifting session all those carbs will have been burnt by their muscles and they remain in ketosis to continue burning fat (one of the dangers of ketosis is if you overdo the exercise your body may end up breaking down muscle for energy rather than just fat if it cannot get enough energy fast enough, which is why they tell you on a lot of vlcd's not to go overboard on exercise - and also why bodybuilders fuel themselves with carbs immediately before a workout)

note about the 5000 calorie carb-free diet though... just cos you are in ketosis doesn't mean you are burning body fat. It could be food-fat you are burning too (!)

bexterj24 said:
why does it feel like nothing has changed its end of day3 n no usual symptoms not even the bad breath lol. im worrying now about wi. think ill av to get some ketostix! :(

I don't have any symptoms either =( where do you get ketostix from? I'm on day 4!

If you are drinking a lot then you might not be having symptoms because you are flushing ketones out of your body so well.

Can buy ketostix online (i got mine from amazon, lol) or at a pharmacy over the counter, but some pharmacists have been refusing people on here i noticed.

if you are going to have any symptoms i'd think they will show themselves before day 7. I don't get too many symptoms and have to see it on ketostix to be sure i'm in ketosis. After a week though my hunger does nearly disappear, which is about the biggest symptom i get.

Some people on here hate ketostix, but i think they are great and i love them, but you have to understand that their limitations. If you are very hydrated, it will show weaker ketosis (or no ketosis), so it's best to test first thing in the morning, and the results can and will vary by different amounts based on many different factors. As long as there is some sign of ketosis that is what counts more than the actual colour on the stick you see... whether its just a trace or if it's a deep purple it's all good and means you are burning fat.

Yeah and try not to wee all over your fingers in the process :D

Thanks for the info peeps!!

Ah thank you. I don't feel mega hungry to be honest but don't feel a lot else - don't feel crappy and light headed like I did at the beginning of the week! Is that a sign?

The most common sign is a metalic taste in your mouth, that and feeling good :)

Do you find once in Ketosis that the metallic taste stays with you all the while or does it come and go?

It's seems constant for me, unless I'm eating or drinking something.

ive just ordered some ketostix as i think it will help me with the diet, if i try one everyday then it will keep me going i think till it happens there cheap enough to buy lol, by the time they come i should be in ketosis anyways but i think they will be handy if you do have a bit of a blip, well like for instance i am at a wedding thats been paid for etc on the 25th but im going to cut out the carbs on my plate but i will have a couple of drinks and reading i see it looks like vodka may be my best option but i am only having a couple and if i can resist i wont have any.:D

I think the sticks are great, they aren't that unreliable as they only change colour if there are ketones present. I used them on day 2 and it was beige (no surprise) day 3 went slightly pink now day 4 its pink pink so im happy to know that yes im definately in ketosis. Its only £4 so its not exactly breaking the bank for slighy peace of mind.

I bought some today and was on the second one from the bottom, so only a trace of ketones. Is this normal for 4 days in?

Back