ketosis

It varies for different people, it could take 6-7 days before you go into ketosis. Hang in there IT WILL happen :D

Ok thanks =) I have lost 8lb though so I thought I would be!
So when will I be in proper ketosis on the scale on the bottle? Like 4 up? X

Hiya I started on Monday same as you and I'm not in ketosis yet have struggled today this I's a restate for me and last time it took me until the Friday to go in to ketosis so don't worry too much hopefully when we wake up tomorow we will feel all Lovley :)

I think the sticks are great, they aren't that unreliable as they only change colour if there are ketones present. I used them on day 2 and it was beige (no surprise) day 3 went slightly pink now day 4 its pink pink so im happy to know that yes im definately in ketosis. Its only £4 so its not exactly breaking the bank for slighy peace of mind.

actually theyre well documented for being very unreliable. A lot of people have had completley negative readings when they are clearly in ketosis. Ketostix arent designed for people on a VLCD. A lot of CDCs advise not to use them. The number of people on here who get upset cos they get a negative reading is incredible. And besides so what if you do? Theres not a damn thing you can do to change it. once youre in ketosis you dont just pop in and out it on a day to day basis

Theyre totally un necessary.. if youre sticking to the plan youll be in ketosis - simple!

Ok thanks =) I have lost 8lb though so I thought I would be!
So when will I be in proper ketosis on the scale on the bottle? Like 4 up? X

Youre in 'proper ketosis' now. Youll lose weight whether or not youre in it though. Youre in it or youre not in it and if the sticks are pink youre in it

NOW throw them away or lock em in a cupboard ;)

Sorry, have to disagree here... i love my ketostix ;). Think i said before though, you have to understand the limitations.

If it shows traces then you are in ketosis. If it is a deep purple like ++++ then i'd be worried because it must mean that you are not drinking enough, it should show fairly weak if you are well hydrated. Mine vary between being traces and being ++. I've never peed the strongest colour before. Your ketosis reading might deepen to a stronger colour after 6 or 7 days, at least i found that with me and i was getting less reading on "trace" and more on +.

good example of how it's different for everyone i guess, hehe ;) Wish i had achieved ++++, i tried a few times but could only get close when i was pretty dehydrated. If there is any reading at all, even trace reading, you are in ketosis anyway, which is what counts more than the strength.

well iv used them on every shake diet iv done and they've always work well for me, so obviously everyone is different!! i'll always use them. Once they turn pink i dont use them again because i know im in ketosis, but on the few days run up its nice to "see" that i am in ketosis. Everyones different and everyone has their own opinions. If people are happy using them for peace of mind then go for it!

I have to agree with Starlight - when I used them they always showed purple and I was drinking about 5 litres a day!!! My CDC was obsessed with them but this time I haven't bothered and it hasn't made any difference personally. But that's just my opinion....!!

Back