ketosis

buffydog

Silver Member
Hi,
Quick question,
If i was on a diet of say 50g carbs a day could i go into mild ketosis or would i have to start at 20g carb and work up to the 50g?
Thanks in Advance

also i read some one here about atkins bars/shakes.
Where can you buy these from, as i`ve not seen them before.
Thanks

Hey hun I don't know the answer about carbs. Would not recommend using any ready made foods if you can help it, Dr. Atkins did not endorse them and since he died in 2003 the Atkins company just created them to help make more money. I have had 2 shakes which were not nice at all, from Tesco, 99p each. If you ask me I would rather have bacon and eggs!!

x

I personally don't use the bars or any other sugar free products (although I may well cave later) apart from sweetner in tea/coffee and perhaps sugar free jelly. I read on another board somewhere "If you cant kill it or pick it, don't eat it" and I think thats really what this WOE is about.

I have read that the bars cause stalls for some people and personally I couldn't bear to be that disheartened after all the rest of the work I'd put in. If you are not easily discouraged this may not be an issue for you so I may just be talking rubbish.

Hiya. Good luck on your journey. :) There's a book called The New High Protein diet by Dr Charles Clarke and he advises to keep carbs to between 40-60g a day for weight loss. I always thought Atkins 20g a day was very low.

LC is the kind of plan I would really like to be able to stick with long-term, being diabetic with PCOS it's perfect for keeping blood sugar stable.

I`m currently on slimfast, not getting to drink much as i`m not getting hungry.
But i`m managing to keep my carbs daown to around 40g per day, and i lost 2lb yesturday and 1lb today, so i must be doing something right......AT LAST:D

I didnt do atkins, but I was on the High Protein diet, and it recommended 40g of carbs per day and absolutely no more than 60g and I was never hungry on the diet, not sure if it was the protein acting as an appetite suppressant or Ketosis but I had very good losses on it.

with regards to the carb question if you think about cd and its ss/ss+ programmes... on 3 shakes a day i am consuming 46g of carbs a day and still getting into ketosis. some peeps have 4 shakes a day so nearer to 60g of carbs and going into ketosis.

i have never noticed going into ketosis faster on atkins 20g compared to cd 46g.

hope this helps x

with regards to the carb question if you think about cd and its ss/ss+ programmes... on 3 shakes a day i am consuming 46g of carbs a day and still getting into ketosis. some peeps have 4 shakes a day so nearer to 60g of carbs and going into ketosis.

i have never noticed going into ketosis faster on atkins 20g compared to cd 46g.

hope this helps x

Good point hun.x

Back