Ketosis?....

IndigoMondays

End of day 4 and im still not in Ketosis! What am i doing wrong?... Im having my 3 shakes a day, drinking way over the water count. Iv not snacked or anything.. The most i do is add chilli and curry powder to 1 soup a day... This is really upsetting because im trying so hard but that stick will not go purple!!! arr.... HELP!. X

do not fret! i think the colours can vary, but also the timescales...think it can take up to 5 days (someone feel free to correct me)....

Your doing the diet 100% so you WILL lose fat! No brainer hun so stick with it and stop peeing on those sticks! It will drive you up the wall!
Do you FEEL any better now?
Are you excited for weigh day?

Those are the things you want to be concentating on hun as they will keep you on the path in 7 weeks time! :) lol

Chin up hun

xxxxx

Yeah im coping alot better today, went to the town had one weak moment but got myself a black tea and i was fine after that! Still have 1 1/2 shakes left aswell. :) (I have to save them to the evening cos thats when i start to struggle) My first weigh in is after 10 days rather than 7 as im at home for the weekend and cant get back in time so for that reason im that little more excited because it means it will be bigger! hehe.... really want to be in Ketosis though, sick of the lack of energy and hunger. :p

And yes, i have to stop peeing on sticks!! well until tomoro anyways. :p Plus even though its been 4 days someone told me my face looked slimmer so although im not sure if i believe them it certainly made me smile! :D

Jess x

i'm the same with my shakes being mainly at night...i usually have one at 4, 7 and 9 and i have really good losses...but they stop me from picking anything non-cd in the evening so its worth it for me!

just try upping your water intake re the hunger! The shakes will be providing you with everything you NEED.....its more your brain/emotions telling you your hungry...AND, your food and hunger are side by side in the brain and get easily confused...so it could be your body asking for more water and not food as you might think!

Seriously though, dont get hung up on the results on the sticks....wait until weigh in and you wont give a damn about them when you have lost 10lbs or something like that! :):):)

xxxx

I'm probably stating the ****ing obvious here, but you do know that if the ketostix goes any colour other than the very first beige one then you're in ketosis don't you? Don't give up you'll loose weight if you stick to CD 100%

I pee on the sticks everyday and they never show that I'm more than mildly in ketosis although I know I am. I've been SS 100% for ages without cheating and yet it's still not showing on the sticks. I think sometimes it shows more for some than others. I don't let it effect me because I know myself that I'm losing. Do you feel yourself that your losing? Try not to let it bother you, just wait until you go to your WI and you'll see yourself that's it worth it.

And also, believe what people are telling you, if someone says they think your face looks slimmer then that probably means your face is slimmer xxx

Well they come to me as green and dont seem to be changing at all. :( I wont give up because im a student and have paid a fortune. Would just like to know that its not just water retention im losing!. :p On that note im off to drink more water!! x

Downsey, im glad to know the sticks are different to each person, like most things in this diet!! If im honest i feel alot better, it makes me feel skinny knowing that im doing something about it all and the empty feeling seems to help that too! Cant wait to notice a real difference myself. :)

Jess x

It took me about 6 days to go into ketosis hun. eveyone is different. Ketosis is not needed to start losing weight or fat so try not to place too much importance on it. Yes it has the feel good factor attached to it which is benificial but staying 100% is more important that being in ketosis no matter where you are in the journey.Good luck.

Previously i've been in ketosis on day 3 but I got very faint pink on day 4 and a deep pink (but nothing like purple) on day 5 so hang in there it will happen.
You are doing so well.

Any consolation, my sticks never turned pink for the whole 8 stone.

Was still in ketosis though.

Having said that, some people take a bit longer than 4 days to get into ketosis. Also you'll lose on this diet whatever ;)

Another thing to note is that if you are drinking loads of water, it can dilute your pee, so not show on the sticks

Ketosis happens in the blood anyway. Only shows on the stixs if there's an overflow.
downesy said:
I pee on the sticks everyday and they never show that I'm more than mildly in ketosis although I know I am.

If it's showing any shade of pink, you are probably in ketosis. It's like being 'mildly pregnant'. You either are, or you aren't.

Having said that, as above, a negative doesn't mean you are not in ketosis. Just that if the ketones are around, then they maybe just diluted too much, or not enough of them to overflow. If you know what I mean.

I never worry about the sticks, even when I've been fully SS for weeks, sometimes they'll change colour and others they won't.

I never got the pee sticks to work in hospital either when I was pregnant with my youngest son .... I was 9 wks and according to the sticks I wasn't pregnant.

Nope never showed up for me either, first thing in the morning they would be very slightly pink, but once I had drunk something it was back to beige and I have lost just over 3 stone now, I now never bother testing, if you dont cheat you cant help but lose weight, but I do remember I was really hung up about it when I first started....

Oh I hate ketostix!!!:mad: They cause more problems for people on this diet than they solve! I have never ever used on and never will, I can actually tell I'm losing weight in the most unusual way....I get weighed once a week!;):D:p
If you are sticking to the diet and you are losing weight then please please please I beg throw away the ketostix now before you get hooked!:eek::sigh:

Nope never showed up for me either, first thing in the morning they would be very slightly pink,
Then it did show hun. Like KD said it's like saying you're just a little pregnant, you are or you aren't! Ketones are blood based and only show on the ketostix when it basically 'overflows' and it show in your urine. All it means is that you are either very well hydrated or your system just doesn't need to get rid of the ketones as much as other people.

Phew! What a relief!! Think i got muddled as to what Ketosis was, i didnt think i was losing fat until i reached that point. :p Well happy now though as i feel healthier and a teensiest bit slimmer so all is good! Thanks for everyones advice, has really helped me! I was so annoyed that it didnt go pink. :)

Can't believe how little i knew about it to be fair, reckon il carry on trying until i get weighed at the weekend and then even if still on change il chuck em away like some of you said!!

Im going to continue being 100% and wait for the results to happen on me and not on the sticks!!

Jess. x

Hi IM - I haven't even got any ketostix and don't intend on getting any. I think the proof will be in the weigh ins and I don't really want to get hung up on whether I'm in ketosis or not. Hope Day 4 has been as good for you as it has for me - I'm still waiting for all these side affects I've read about but nothing yet, just feeling a bit more tired than usual (but I've gone back to work this week after being on holiday so bound to feel a bit more tired:(). How about you?

Hey! Today has been sooo much better than yesterday!! Im still hungry but im dealing with it a lot better today! Also had a funny moment earlier whilst shopping but had a black tea n i was fine again! :) Guess its all up from here now that my first few days are over!

You're so lucky having such a good time on this diet! :) Whens your weigh-in?. xx

First weigh in is on Sat morning - can't wait:D I see you have a while to wait; your loss will be so good by then:clap:

I can't believe how easy I'm finding this - I keep expecting to feel rubbish/hungry/crave food but I just haven't. Things have gone so smoothly but I keep waiting for bad things to happen:cry: Will it really carry on as easy as it has so far? I hope so x

Back