Ketosisal

forme

Hi

sorry for coming across stupid but can someone example to me in simple terms what this actually means ... and how do you know when your in it.

ta :)

and by the way i know i cant spell - lol ! and cant edit the title but you all know what i mean

Ketosis was explained to me as a state when your body is burning fat!

You know you are there when your breath is terrible lol and/or no matter how much you drink your mouth feels dry'

I bought these little sticks you wee on called in the pharmacy and they tell you the level of ketones in your wee ... Reassuring to know you are defo in the fat burning zone'

Hope this info helps!

ok my breath was horrible the morning i woke up on day 2 ! and still is rank - should of seen my husbands face - was very funny and yes mouth is dry and makes me want to drink all the time. the other thing is my stomach feeling a bit odd. like something is eating away at it but suppose i shouldnt complain. becky boo thank you for your help. did see your thread on the wee issue but mine is just clear at the moment.
day 3 day 3 nearly half way through the week.

its just i have a learning disability which causes a few issues in the writing department. :) but thank you for making me feel comfortable. x

Welcome to LT,I hope this week is gentle with you x

forme said:
Hi

sorry for coming across stupid but can someone example to me in simple terms what this actually means ... and how do you know when your in it.

ta :)

and by the way i know i cant spell - lol ! and cant edit the title but you all know what i mean

Hi ,
Our bodies burn carbohydrates off before it starts to burn fat . The lipotrim plan has very low carbohydrates (45 g per 3 sachets I think ) so due to the lack of carbs we start to burn fat almost immediately once all the nasty carbs are minimal in our system . So usually around day 3 or sooner if u didn't consume many carbs before starting it begins this process . That is what ketosis is . You can buy ketosticks to pee on and they start of light beige and the darker they go that means your body is in ketosis . But if u are sticking 100% u know u will be in it . That's also what gives the metallic taste and some bad breath .

Hope this helps and good luck

Thats a fab way of understanding - i used to eat a lot of carbs so prob not at that stage even though i think i am - will keep on at it anyways - again thank you very much :)

forme said:
thanks twinkle82 - how you finding it ?

Not too bad hun.I'm on day 4 now and hopefully come through the worst of it,but this site has been my lifeline for the last 4 days,stick with it hun,it will be mega worth it x

Perhaps the best thing about ketosis is that it acts as a natural appetite suppressant. You'll find your food cravings pretty much disappear and a feeling of general comfort whenever ketosis kicks in.

Perhaps the best thing about ketosis is that it acts as a natural appetite suppressant. You'll find your food cravings pretty much disappear and a feeling of general comfort whenever ketosis kicks in.

I definitely do not feel hungry ...ever.. But I do still crave food - the dieting aspect of losing weight is not the issue for me but the eating whter or not I was hungry. I feel passionately that obesity is not a physical issue but a totally mental one. I used to eat constantly - even when I knew I shouldn't or wasn't necessarily hungry. I suppose I am a comfort eater. Once you have understood why you are overweight , and admitted that it is your problem and not caused by anyone or anything else then perhaps you are on the way to controlling your habits. I have been trying throughout this diet to mentally prepare myself for refeeding and eating normally. So far I have concluded that I need to reduce portions and only to eat when necessary and not to perpetually snack. Easy to say I hear you say! Well, I am 55 years old and do not want to go back to my former state so hopefully I can be "normal" just like other people and mange to monitor my weight and control it whenever it looks like it is going up.

You are dead right ... It's a mental thing .. I know it's boredom triggering eating and then being a sugar junkie ... It's so important to try and rebuild our relationships with food now and not doing the same thing and expecting different results! .. In my case I am cooking for my OH .. I usually am lazy and we eat convince food or takeaways ... So I am breaking the habit and making
Healthy low carb meals for him now so I will be in the routine when I finish! Think I might even treat myself to a new cookbook so I can get planning n prepping!

Back