Ketostix - am I out of ketosis?

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
Yesterday I had the equivalent of half a home made chicken nugget - I was making them for the rest of the family and a tiny one ended up in my mouth - I had had a really cr*ppy day and I think I was very controlled to stop at one :(

Anyhoo today my pishy stick has been a bright purple - now I have drunk over 4 litres of water today so can't think that it is because I haven't drunk enough.

Can it also mean I knocked myself out of ketosis with the chicken nugget?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ok any change of colour on a ketostix means you are in ketosis so don't panic!

And if you are bright purple then it might be indicative of not enough water but you know you have so don't worry and keep up the good work.

Mike

If it's purple, it does mean that you're a bit dehydrated, hun. If you were out of ketosis, it would be back to beige.

Thanks guys, I thought that was the case but can't understand having drunk so much today why it would be so very dark. I am obviously feeling very paranoid about my first major slip last night. I will try to get another litre or two down my neck tonight before I go to bed.

Thank you for such quick replies.

And even if it was beige, it doesn't mean you aren't in ketosis. My ketostix (all 3 boxes), never showed pink:eek:

It was a slip Flopster .... but hardly a major one :)

You're still in ketosis - drink plenty of water, put the incident behind you and move on ... all will be well ;)

Debbie x

Mine are normally the very palest of pinks - so much so that I have had to retake a couple of times! Or they are at the other end of the scale and bright purple, I never manage to get a nice in between colour.

Can I just say that 8 stone off and kept off for over a year is very inspirational! Been meaning to post that for a while!

Thanks Debbie, it was a slip but it was controlled and wasn't huge. It could have been the beginning of the end so easily last night because I was in "that frame of mind" - my poor husband didn't half cop it as well!

So you did, it just made me chuckle (quite hard at the moment).

Blimey you lot....shut up for a moment!

Didn't you see this?

Can I just say that 8 stone off and kept off for over a year is very inspirational! Been meaning to post that for a while!
I could have missed this! Respect....please :D

Thankyou very much Flopster :)

Back