ketostix constant Dark purple 1.6

FROG55JON

I was wondering should I eat more carbs to lower my ketosis level or is this ok during induction.

"water level is fine."

glad Im not the only one with the maroon who is drinking enough. Is it a problem if it is dark purple?

Can't comment on what is right for your diet, but I do know about ketostix so since nobody else has replied..........

ketostix don't test for ketosis. This is something that lots of people think, but they aren't for that. They test for excess ketones.

Now...some people make more than others (nothing to do with more fat loss or anything), they just do and may have excess ketones. Some people use their ketones very effectively and may not have excess ketones. Either way, they could be in ketosis.

If your test is coming out purple, two things are likely to be happening. You aren't drinking enough (excess ketones aren't being diluted so showing a strong result), or your just making lots of ketones.

Doesn't have anything to do with the level of ketosis or anything. Just check you are drinking enough and if you are, ignore them

personally, I'd ignore them. I lost 8 stone on a keto diet and never once even got a pink, let alone a purple, yet I was definitely in ketosis

Ta KD.

Yeah undre LL I have been told to "drink less" due to electrolytes. mad really. so dont think I am dehydrated.

Cheers for your info.

Excess Ketones....is that safe?

Ta KD.

Yeah undre LL I have been told to "drink less" due to electrolytes. mad really. so dont think I am dehydrated.

Cheers for your info.

Excess Ketones....is that safe?

Yes, too much water could lead to too much dehydration of electrolytes and not good.

It's perfectly safe to have excess ketones. It's only a possible problem if you have diabetes, then not unsafe, just needs more careful monitoring. Think that's the only disorder that could be a problem anyway. Could be wrong. Just fine for average Joe Blogs.

If diabetic and showing high levels of ketones in tests, this can indicate that insulin levels arent being managed properly, as the body is unable to absorb glucose as fuel from the blood and will therefore burn fat for fuel, left unmanaged it can cause ketacidosis.

but in non diabetic people its fine :)

Back