ketostix?

tanya12

Hi ladies n gents so i been searching the site and cant find the answer although it prob is somewhere on here so apologies :D

question is i am in ketosis i know this from my breath and my lack of appetite but on the ketostix its only showing that im mildly into ketosis, will this make a difference on my weight loss?

Waste of money. Chuck them. If your past day 3-5 your in it. Enjoy the losses :)

I found them a waste of time & money too! as long as your on plan & drinking water your losses will be fine no matter what shade of pink a bit of paper says :)

really wow i was wondering y they was showing i wasnt into ketosis but i know my body and can defo feel im in keto lol
thanks xxx

tanya12 said:
really wow i was wondering y they was showing i wasnt into ketosis but i know my body and can defo feel im in keto lol
thanks xxx

As the others have said they're a waste of money! The results vary depending on lots of factors! What time of day is it, how hydrated you are and allsorts! As you said, you know your body :) x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Hey,

If the ketostix show you are mildly in ketosis that is a good thing. You dont want them to be very dark, that means you are very dehydrated and have lots of ketone bodies in you. If these build up it can lead to health problems such as kidney failure. That is why with all these protein diets they always say we should drink lots of water.

So although it might seem like a waste of time because it doesn't show you in severe ketosis, it can be useful because once you're in ketosis you want to make sure you don't have severe ketouria (lots of ketone bodies)

I hope that make sense.

x:):)

I myself can't tell when I'm in ketosis!?! and i find these ketostix helpful as long as your on the first colour your in.(when i went off plan it took me 4 days to get back in, that's when they came in helpful) and I also use them in the week to check there not to dark, think I may be over obsessive but hey if it helps me stay on the plan then its good for me:)

I myself can't tell when I'm in ketosis!?! and i find these ketostix helpful as long as your on the first colour your in.(when i went off plan it took me 4 days to get back in, that's when they came in helpful) and I also use them in the week to check there not to dark, think I may be over obsessive but hey if it helps me stay on the plan then its good for me:)

yeah ur right anything that helps is worth using, i myself are using them and as the days go on the colour is getting darker so i must just take a while to get completely into it
good luck xxx

tanya12 said:
yeah ur right anything that helps is worth using, i myself are using them and as the days go on the colour is getting darker so i must just take a while to get completely into it
good luck xxx

If the colour is dark it sometimes can indicate that your becoming dehydrated tho so take care xx

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

I get mine from sainsbury's chemist or boots chemists (probably most chemists), sainsburys 60 strips for £5.60 or you can buy them online from ebay or boots etc :)

Back