ketostix?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Slim' started by Mummyschmoo, 3 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Mummyschmoo

Mummyschmoo Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    HI all - I have read a few people mention Ketostix to check if you are in Ketosis. Can anyone tell me where to get these from? I have looked in my local chemist and boots but couldn't see them anywhere - wasn't really sure what 'department' to look in tho so might have missed them....

thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. coffee_bean

coffee_bean Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.01%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Hey mummyshmoo
    A friend of mine is on lipotrim and she uses these to check she's in ketosis.
    You can't get them in Boots, but you can order them from amazon or a few online pharmacies. They come in packs of 50 so should last a while.
    Hope this helps

Kate x x

4. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got mine from a Lloyds Pharmacy, just walked in and asked the lady behind the counter for them, I think it was about £5-6 for a load of them in a box.

5. mathswiz

mathswiz Always Struggling...

Hey Mummyschmoo,

I tried Boots and Tesco pharmacies and they didn't have them. The pharmacist gave me a "look" when I asked at Tesco! I think she knew what I was going to use them for!

I got a pack of 50 from Ebay in the end. They were about £5 including p&p.

They don't work on me during the day though. I think it's because I drink too much water and this dilutes the ketones. When I first wake up in the morning, the sticks do turn pink (but not very dark which is good cos it means I'm not dehydrated).

Let us know if they work for you :)

Love Lisa :D

6. RainbowCookie

RainbowCookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.76%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Ive got them from behind the counter in boots and sainsburys supermarket. If they ask what you want them for just say your mum has diabetes and asked you to pick them up for her. xx

7. Mummyschmoo

Mummyschmoo Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Brilliant - thanks very much - I have just ordered some from amazon so will give them a go! I wander why they dont want to sell them to you in Boots / sainsbury / tesco? Its not like we are doing anything illegal and there are loads of diets around that are far more low carb than this!

Ho hum

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.