Kettlebells - the route of all things evil?

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
I think they may well be. :D I have just completed my first workout - The kettleworx 10 min fat burner and oh.my.god i'm already suffering jelly legs, shakey arms and i'm exhausted! I couldn't do some of the lunge type moves so I did lifts instead. I'm going to keep doing the 10 min dvds before attempting the 6 week program.

Maybe my body is rejecting exercise!

Does it get easier?
:zz:

Well done for doing your first kettleworx routine! You will probably be stiff and sore for the next couple of days, but this improves the more you do it - now after a workout I'm still a bit stiff and sore, but not usually nearly as bad as that first time! So, yes, it does get easier.

Don't forget to be kind to yourself and pause, sip water, etc, as you need to. Far better to do this than to wear yourself into an exhausted nub and then give up on Ryan. He'd miss you, you know. :)

I actually find the 10 minute fast fat burn to be really hard, as it's full on cardio the whole way. The 6 week program is not actually as full-on, as you alternate more cardio-intense exercises with more muscle-focussed ones. Maybe after a few days rest you could try week 1 cardio, as this is meant to be the hardest one in the whole set - if you can make it through that, the rest will be quite doable (although still challenging).

Looking forward to hearing how you're getting on!

:( painkillers and a hot bath? It really does get better after the first time, hang in there! x (also I find a bit of VERY gentle stretching can help, or even - mad as it sounds - a short slow walk)

lol, took me about 6 days to recover from my first kettle bell work out... i figure it was worth it because i like to think that all that time my body was repairing the muscle, speeding up my metabolism and burning fat in the process :) dunno if any of that is true mind you but it helps me believe in it x

PS.. i've not done a second workout yet lol x

LOL, I'm worse today Its my theighs they hurt so bad.
Am i supposed to fight the pain and continue tomorrow or leave it until the pain goes away?

.Nicki. said:
LOL, I'm worse today Its my theighs they hurt so bad.
Am i supposed to fight the pain and continue tomorrow or leave it until the pain goes away?

Lol first couple of times are bad! Try and do it if u can u'll prob find it loosens the muscles x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I couldn't do it tonight it just hurt to much, will try again tomorrow. On the plus side it obviously works if i'm in this much pain from 1 10 min workout

I'm not in pain anymore thankfully but I haven't picked up the kettlebell again, up until today it was because its been too hot but today I was just being miserable and wanted to do nothing but lay on the sofa in the dark, probably should have done it to be honest.
What DVD do I start with on the 6 week program cardio, core or resistance?

If you like to get the hardest out of the way first, cardio. If you want to take it a bit easier, core. Good luck! Sometimes if I'm having a blah day it actually perks me up. :) x

Back