Keytones level

Pushkinsauce

I'm on day 3 of Step2 CD. My keytone strip looks like I'm moderate or there abouts (4.0). I've read on here that it is better to be purple which suggests large/high levels of keytones (16). I then read the leaflet and an article online that said you are better to be between trace and moderate for optimal fat loss. Is this true? Just worried if it is dangerous to be on the deep purple higher end.

For most people, “low” or “higher” ketone levels don’t make a difference for health and weight loss, Ketoacidosis is an dangerous condition in diabetic people - CD won't put you there. So if you have no symptoms of diabetes, you should fine. Ask your CD consultant if you are still worried.

It can be useful to get higher ketone levels only if you are stuck according to dietdoctor.com Dr Andreas Eenfeldt.

Also your ketone strips will soon show nothing - as you'll have adapted - but you'll be losing weight.

So I recommend just sticking to the CD programme and enjoying the weight coming off. How much do you want to shed?

Last edited:
Back