Kez's struggles and troubles! 17th June Restart!

The last 24 hours....Indian for tea last night, tuna mayo sandwich for dinner and doner meat and chips for tea. Binge, binge, binge!

Tomorrow, back on it 100% with as much water as I can get down my neck. I'm not getting on the scales, I don't want to know! As far as I am concerned it never happened, I've just put my weight loss on pause for a week.

Head in the sand, maybe?!

My head is in the sand too lol, as far as I'm concerned I still weigh 13st, I know this isn't true, but I keep telling myself that until I have to face reality on Wed at WI. If I didn't I'd never have got back on track, and it seems to be working, just hope I don't fall apart on Wed when I find out the real damage.

Good luck with getting back on track tomorrow, you can do it!!! xxx

Hey hun!

Right gonna give you some tough talking as been where you are a 1,000 times :) .

Go to weigh in and get weighed chick, it will hopefully shock you into staying a 100 %.

You said in a previous post you don't want to do ww or sw, but want the brilliant losses of cd. You have to be 100 % to get them losses hun, if you feel you need to pick at night instead of hitting norty stuff, grab anything with a cd logo on it lol,

Lastly....CHUCK THEM BLOODY SCALES OUT! Just weigh in with your cdc, as really think your scales are your downfull, cambridge diet Is the hardest thing we'll ever do, and scale hopping and getting de motivated will just keep making you head back to food,!!

How do I know this? Cos it was what I used to do when I last tried to start cd!

You can do this hun and I know how much you really want it, so take pressure of them scales away and you'll be fine :)

Sorry if I said anything outta place, just wanted to give you lil kick up bum!

Thanks, I know I can now. So no reason why I can't tomorrow, even if it is HELL!!! Argh!!!!! :)

Just had a huge shout at Scott! He sent me out to go get milk and asked me to pick him up a kebab, hence I ended up with chips and doner meat for myself. When I got back, he looked at me and said 'I can't believe you've starved yourself all week and now you're eating that!'. Well I told him to F off and how come he notices when I eat 1 thing wrong, but doesn't notice or offer any kind words when I have managed to starve myself for nearly 2 weeks, or that I've lost over a stone, or that I have dropped two dress sizes.

I properly ripped his head off, which was probably a little unfair as he is never unkind about my weight, but he also never offers any support or encouragement either and by pointing out my bad decision he really hit the nail on the head.

Hehehehehe! :) I never see you posting anywhere Dappy, but whenever I need a bollocking you pop up! haha...

Your words are true! But I don't want to weigh, I'm scared :(

Ok, so I have given Scott the scales AND my wiifit board to put in the loft and told him I am not allowed them until at least next weekend.

And I will get weighed tomorrow, but I am going to close my eyes. That way I don't have to know, but my CDC will.

I totally agree with everything Dappy said!! It rings true for me too, the scales have been kicked right under the bed out of the way. I'm too scared to get on them anyway!! So tomorrow is a brand new day. Start over because now you've proved you can do it, just draw a line under this weekend and you'll be fine.

I've managed to suceed at being 100% today so same again for me tomorrow, if I can keep the momentum going I'll be okay with the scales on WI no matter what they say, I should be back in ketosis by then and I won't want to do anything to knock me out of it again.

Good luck tomorrow, we'll both be in the early stages together!! xx

Thanks hun, I agree, once I get to day 3 I am terrified to break it and then I start gets the buzz. I am a little bit annoyed with my friends, because I said no so many times last nigh and if they hadn't of nagged I may not have had anything?! Never mind, bad friends! I only go out once in a blue moon anyway.

Haha I don't really post in diaries more in main forum, just saw ya post and thought wait a min she's doing a me ;) hehe

Well done for ditching the scales, wii fit was my downfall too so bought just dance which I love and the new dance broadway which is amazing but hard lol!

Men are never helpful with diets hun, know how ya feel there! But know ya will be more determined to prove him wrong :)

I'm back on ss tuesday and know we can all do it! Let's just keep kicking each other up the arse when we have bad thoughts :) lol

Welcome back to the dark side, you'll do brilliantly. I thought that Broadway was just a singing one, will have to have a look at that. I've got just dance, but haven't used it in ages. I should be walking my horse every day, thats what I should be doing!

come on you guys... get it together :D

need a talking to myself :( can't seem to beat floating around just under 12 and then back to 12. need a good clear out for tuesday's weigh in.

was looking online for a metabolism calculator and found one. said i should be eating around 2200 cals a day with the exercise etc. if i wanted to loose weight to eat 500 less than this everyday. also they said if i have a sedintary (sp) day to lower the cals. interesting stuff as i don't eat anywhere near 2200 cals. :)

all i can think of is that today i'm weighing heavier cause of my wine the other night. like a day behind. yesterday i wasn't too bad, tried to keep busy. did have 2 ice lollies which were around 60 cals each, only go for the small or lower cal ones these days, no magnums for me anymore. i did have a bit of bread probably around 3 slices. so this i must cut out.

i had a few coffees too. my day sort of went like this....

got up had dodgy tum from vino. drank a litre of water, went out for my 6 mile run. drank another pint of water at home. ate a slice of bread. had an iced coffee (coffee, sweetner, ice and a bit of milk). had porridge (sachet from the quaker oats 'oats so simple', told you i was lazy). went round my mum's and had 2 nice coffees (the non-sweetened cappucino sachet things), then another iced coffee made as before. lunch was the kids crusts, an apple, a cd bar, a sneeky 2 very small jammy dodger things that the kids have (about 1/4 the size about the size of a 10p piece) and then my first ice lolly around 60 cals. hubby came over and we went out for another coffee... had an iced frascato (medium sized, was very sweet though and i didn't like it). plus a couple of mini shortbread biscuit things i'd got for the kids (about 80 cals each). out to do the garden for 2 hours then back for tea which was salad and cottage cheese with a slice of bread. then with the kids in bed i had a hot choc, my 2nd ice lolly (60 cals) and 3 decaf coffees. that was my day.... too much bread and a few too many biscuits. i don't normally eat that many. let myself down, but gave myself a little leyway with the running cals burnt that day.

estimation of calories eaten..... 1610
calories burnt by sat nav watch..... 783
should be a total of 830 cals intake regardless of the odd cals. still very much under 2200 they say i can eat in the metabolism thing. thing is i've gone up on the scales this morning. :(

starting to think that there's something seriously wrong with my body and metabolism :confused:

Kez, good luck with your WI today. Just remember, you've lost well over a stone already, and almost 2 dress sizes down... I think thats gotta to be something to be happy about. Ok.. bad few days, but thats easily overcome, line drawn and back to being a 100% because you can do it.. Just say to hubbie that there will be no more Kebab runs or Indian take aways, lol... You can do it Kez xx

Nikki, I've said if before and I'll say it again....I don't think you eat anywhere near enough calories for the exercise you are doing. I just think your body is holding onto to everything cause it doesn't know what to do?!

I'll find the website which I used to use a lot, it may be the one you have already been looking at. We all know that to lose a 1lb a week we need a deficit of 1000kcals. But people forget that isn't 1000kcals off your basal rate (what you need to function), it's off your total daily spend. So you need to eat to cover walking the dog, doing the hoovering, exercise classes. etc

On SS, it's about 400kcals a day, and you are advised not to do any strenuous exercise. You are working on about the same kcals as SS, but the exercise you are doing is full on. You're training for a marathon woman! You wouldn't see an athelete eating 400kcals a day would you?

Maybe it's time to stop thinking about trying to eat away the last lbs of fat through ketosis and start to focus on turning the fat to muscle through exercise? Sorry if I am saying this out of turn, but it seems to me that you use CD as some sort of crutch, but I think you have gotten to a point where you need to start decided if it is going to take you all the way or continue to play with your head.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a nutritionalist or scientist, but you are the most active person I know on here and also one of the most informed and dedicated. But I see you struggling each week and trying to find a logical reason why you aren't getting the loses and maybe that reason is that you aren't eating enough?

Phew! That's intense for my Monday morning post. Like I said, sorry if any of that is out of turn, it's not meant to offend.

Other Nikki... :) Morning hun, line already drawn. Back on it 100% today, I want to do this and luckily this weekends binge hasn't made me feel like I don't want to do CD and that I hate it..blah, blah, blah!

It's made me realise that I want to do this, I want to get under the 17stone barrier and I want to get into my wedding dress :)

1 litre and a coffee down already, think my body is crying out for water. Must be that kebab...lol! Bad, bad Kerry!

Here's to a fresh week, fresh day and new weight loss. Cheers!

Confession made to CDC and appointment moved to half 6. 1 tetra, 3 coffees and 1.5 litres of water down the hatch. I drink too much coffee! But have used my milk allowance up, so once the 2nd litre of water is done, I'll be switching to my fizzy water. Then aiming for another litre of water by the end of the day. Bringing it to a total of 5 litres of fluid!

Well done Kez for contacting CDC, it will help you stay focussed today. You will be below 17 stone very soon, I'm sure of it. I want to get below 15 stone, been there for bloody ages and CD will be helping in that direction too, 2lb's to go to get to 14 stone and 13.5lbs, lol.. bet it won't be this week though, lol. Enjoy your wter guzzling hun xx

Well done Kerry!! Hope your WI went well! My mum has started back on CD today and my bro is going to do it for a month after my Granny's 90th in 2 weeks, he doesn't think he's strong enough to stop and start like I do, so it'll be nice to not have to do it alone.

Here's to another good day tomorrow!! Have you tried putting vanilla shake in your coffee? It's lovely, I sometimes put a bit of my chocolate tetra in coffee too and that really is gorgeous!! Just a thought for when you run out of milk! I tend to use a tiny bit and drinkbthe rest of the shake! Xxx

Hey surf, my sister is saying she wants to come along with me next payday. It'll be good to have someone, to share things with.

Went along to weigh in, and it's bad! 5lbs on, my CDC was as gutted as I was. She said she doesn't want me to put weight on, like I do! lol

I'm really hoping it comes off nice and quick. It would be good if I dropped that back off again by Thursday weigh in, but not sure how realistic that is?

I asked about having bars, as this is the start of week 3, but she won't let me have them until I've dropped the 5lbs back off. She let me have 1 cranberry to chop up as sweeties!

Day 15 - 100%! :)

thanks for your post. i'm not in ketosis anymore, haven't been for a while as i'm no longer allowed on such a low plan. lol

been trying to do the weight's in body pump to get my body to create more muscle instead of fat, burn fat quicker and up my metabolism. trying to do it 3 times a week. :)

i think that you are perfectly right in that i'm relying on CD to keep me going yet i would probably be better back on weightwatchers now. point counting. i suppose i just like the freedom to eat less and have a few more shakes in a day, especially if i'm off out.

it's not offensive lol, it's a boost.

it is hard to burn the cals and not loose but i end up thinking that i'm over estimating the cals, or my watch doesn't work. maybe i'm secretly snacking and shutting it out of my mind. i'm going to start writing it down. whatever passes through my gob is going on paper.

I'm glad I didn't offend...and you really do look fab in your piccies. The is a massive difference between the last ones I saw.

Back