KHQ's weight loss journey

Thank you, I'm hoping tonight will be better again and the Nytol will just help me get back into a normal sleeping pattern. It doesn't matter how tired I am, as soon as we turn the light out I'm wide awake. It's horrible, I feel so sorry that your Dad had to go through it for so long, it would drive me mad. Yesterday I thought it was going to drive me mad, I'm just really hoping last night is a sign it might get a bit better now! xx

About an hour to get to sleep last night - things are looking up and I feel much more refreshed today! Going out and having a few drinks tonight so hopefully the alcohol will help knock me out!

Food today (RED day):

Breakfast: Satsuma, Shape 0& Vanilla yoghurt (0.5 syns) and 1 Alpen Light Double chocolate (1/2 HEB).

Lunch: No idea, will probably go and buy some bits for salad in a bit. Found a new favourite food this week - beetroot! (Simon thinks I'm weird)

Dinner: Thai-style aromatic stir fry - Pork (normally chicken but just realised we don't have any left!), cucumber, peppers, carrot, mangetout, soy, stock, chilli with jacket potato (HEB).

Snacks: 1 Alpen Light chocolate and fudge (1/2 HEB), apple, satsuma, yoghurt (0.5 or 1 syn dependin which I have), tea with semi-skimmed milk. I've saved syns for drinks tonight so allowing myself up to 30 if I need them, we will see how it goes! This is our first night out drinking since restarting SW so interested to see how I will cope with the munchies when I get home - I'm normally terrible xx

Just had lunch. I was going to go to the shop but the weather and group of youths outside kid of put me off! Managed to put together a ham salad with lettuce, cucumber and balsamic vinegar and melon and grapes and a yoghurt (1/2 syn) xx

Well done managing to stay on plan with little in. And the weather is AWFUL xxxx.

It's horrible and we're going out tonight - feels so wrong getting ready and trying to look nice when you know you're going to walk out into that and ruin it all! xx

Well all my good intentions went out the window this week and I think I'm going to be about 40 syns over for the week. To be honest though, had a great night on Friday although the hangover yesterday wasn't worthwhile!! And yesterday I needed the KFC to recover so I can't say I regret it. Just going to weigh tomorrow, hope the damage isn't too bad, and start again xx

So despite falling off the wagon at the weekend I lost 2lb!! So happy! This means I've achieved my half stone and also puts me under 11 stone which was my mini target for the end of January :D Well and truly back on the wagon and motivated now and the only thing this week is a meal out on Saturday night but I know I can eat within my daily syns and save enough in the week for a couple of drinks. I said that last week and had far too many but after my hangover I know I will stick to just a couple this time!!

Food today (GREEN day):

Breakfast: 1 Alpen Light Double Chocolate (1/2HEB), satsuma, fat free yoghurt.

Lunch: Salad - lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, mushrooms.

Dinner: Beef stir fry with noodles - beef brisket cooked last night (HEB) with mushrooms, peppers, onion, mangetout, chilli, soy, stock and noodles.

Snacks: 1 Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge (1/2 HEB), tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA), apples, satsumas, fat free yoghurt, 3 Tesco Jaffa Cakes this evening (6 syns).

YAY well done you :D you should be super proud getting under 11 and losing your half stone :) xxxx

Thank you! I really am, can't believe it after this weekend but wonder whether it's a bit of good from the week before catching up. Whatever it is it's re-motivated me :) xx

Thank you! It really does, it's given me a huge boost and kick started my motivation again :) xx

Syns yesterday: 1 Shape 0% Vanilla Yoghurt - 0.5, 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1, 2 Tesco Jaffa Cakes - 4.
Total: 5.5 - well on ym way to saving some for a couple of drinks with the in laws at the weekend :)

They've been dieting for about a year now and pretty much starving themselves. They literally hardly eat any more. Yes they've lost an amazing amount (especially MIL) but it's so frustrating hearing FIL bang on at her if she wants a drink or two with us and going on and on about calories. Then we do our diet and can go out with them as normal (they don't know the planning that went into it) and still lose weight! I tried to get them onto SW when they were starting dieting but they decided it was too much hassle and would rather starve themselves. I know which I would prefer! And they're not going to be able to start eating properly again because it will pile back on.

Sorry, rant over!

Food today (RED day):

Breakfast: Apple, 1 Alpen Light Double Chocolate (1/2 HEB).

Lunch: Salad - lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, celery, beetroot, watercress. Satsuma.

Dinner: Pulled pork with mushrooms, peppers, mangetout/sugarsnap peas (depends what Simon gets at lunch - he reckons he can't tell the difference!), homemade syn free BBQ sauce, jacket potato (HEB) and side salad - lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, whatever else I fancy.

Snacks: 1 Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge (1/2 HEB), tea with semi-skimmed milk (HEA), apples, satsumas, maybe a bit of melon if I fancy it later. All syn free today (though I might just add 1/2 a syn for the pork - I did take all the visible fat off but you never know), so will probably have a Shape 0% Vanilla & Choc Sprinkles Yoghurt (1 syn) and a couple of Tesco Jaffa Cakes (2 syns each).

The pulled pork sounds lovely and I couldn't just eat a couple of Jaffa cakes I love them lol. And I know what you mean I know someone who is dieting but hardly eating I said you ain't loosing cos body has more than likely gone into starvation mode. Just hate it when ppl say oh should you be eating that it your on a diet x

I've done it with pork loin instead of shoulder because it was on offer so will be interesting to see how different it is, can't wait! I struggled to start with on the Jaffa Cake front but now I just get 2 out and leave the rest in the cupboard, but to be honest at 2 syns each for the Tesco ones it's not the end of the world if you have a couple more!

They have stopped losing now and I think their bodies are in shock from it. It really can't be very good for them in the long run. When we started SW last year I had briefly done it before and knew it worked and FIL was so unsupportive saying it would never work if you could eat all that and we lost quite a lot and have lost more than them this month by just sticking (mostly) to the plan and not being starving hungry all the time or really missing out on anything at all. When we have a drink at the weekend I bet he will still say we should cut alcohol out even though it will only be the 2nd time we've had a drink since starting a month ago! xx

So far so good! I really hope it's a loss next week after seeing them to prove a point! xx

Back