Kim's diary of being a new mum

Where have you done the xmas card? I've done one on vista print but the postage was extortionate so not ordered yet. Xx

Just catching up!

Yeah do a test hun just to rule it out x When is AF due? How would you feel if you were? x I suppose they say it's always "possible" when you dtd, despite being careful etc. Fingers crossed you get the result you are wanting xx

Sorry to hear about the colds etc. There's sooo much going about. It's been illness after illness in my house! I have a sore throat again today?! Wtf! I'm still suffering with this other cold - it's been 2 weeks now!

Hope you and Rebecca feel better soon <3 xx

I don't think a test would tell me anything I think it would be too early still. I haven't really paid attention to dates the last couple of cycles but I think af is probably due middle of next week. if by next weekend I'm still waiting I'll take a cheap test I think.

If I was pregnant I'd be happy the only reason I'm a bit anxious is that I told myself I'd make sure I lose weight and be in the healthy range before another baby. From what I've read it would seem that Rebecca contracted the virus/bacteria that caused her to have meningitis while she was inside me and I just want to make sure I'm as healthy as can be to try and prevent another horrific experience (I really couldn't cope with that again!). I think its made worse by the fact they can't tell me what it was (viral or bacterial meningitis) that she had so we can't identify how to prevent next time. So I think that's the only thing making me anxious really as I'd love another baby so much. Even if Rebecca still doesn't sleep lol.

As jess said why don't you do a cheapy test. That way you won't keep thinking about it and that small glimmer that you could be pregnant.

Sorry you're poorly. Oliver and I have all week, and Paul's come down with it today. We are struggling to get rid of it though. Still snotty and chesty :( hope you're all better soon x

Oh I know there are just too many bugs going round. I took Rebecca to the doctors yesterday as I was worried she had a sinus infection as her snot really smells.... like bad breath is all I can describe it like! But doctor checked her and said just a really heavy cold. She seems slightly less snotty tonight so I'm hoping after a good 2 weeks she finally on the mend!

I'm feeling a bit better this evening, as long as I keep taking painkillers my throat is bearable, without it is like having razor blades down it!

Hope you all perk up soon!

Where have you done the xmas card? I've done one on vista print but the postage was extortionate so not ordered yet. Xx

I've done mine on photobox, although I'm only ordering about 20 for close family as it soon adds up if I were to do friends/extended family too! They can have store bought cards and see the photos on Facebook at Christmas lol.

I did look at www.simplytoimpress.co.uk as they have lovely designs but a minimum of 25 cards at their prices was mega money! So had to move on from them lol.

How much did vistaprint want to charge postage?

Hi Everyone,

Gosh sorry i've been MIA, i don't seem able to get on the MM app on my phone anymore...it just sits there "connecting" booo!

How are you all?

Well, i am back at work (boo!), started back last week and had to have a day off already, Tuesday night Rebecca had a temperature and then proceeded to throw up all over me, in what i think was payback for force-feeding her calpol! As i wasn't sure if it was a tummy bug or not i had to stay off with her Wednesday, but she wasn't sick again so back to work again on the Thursday.

The first week back went OK, luckily a fair amount of knowledge came flooding back which surprises me as i don't really remember anything since having Rebecca!

Rebecca didn't come down with anything last week, but was really unhappy, clingy and moany over the weekend and came down with what i think is cold, and reappearance of the temperature last night so we have hardly slept last night and i hated leaving her this morning, in fact i ended up in tears this morning as she looked so poorly and just wanted to cuddle and sleep. Thankfully Mike's parents have her at our house today and have updated me that she is doing OK so that's good.

On the diet front, i am still doing Slimming World, which seems MUCH easier now i am back at work and away from the fridge/cupboards etc at home. I have lost 1stone 3.5lbs so far. I need to get this to at LEAST 3.5 stone before i can consider having another baby.

Over Christmas i somehow managed to lose 1.5lbs...i REALLY do not understand how as i ate so much crap! I am trying a few days of the Extra Easy SP plan this week, i was planning a full week but by Saturday we had very little food in the house and a grumpy baby and husband with man-flu i caved and ate carbs. I guess i am cutting back on the carbs when i have had them, so fingers crossed i lose this wednesday and don't have a catch-up weight gain from the christmas/new year indulgence!

I will try and write a food diary on here again to keep me on track and accountable!

So todays food:

Extra Easy
Breakfast: Porridge (HeB) with SS milk (HeA) and sweetner
Mid Morning: An orange
Lunch: Bread (6 syns) with baked beans. (poorly baby didn't let me do any lunch prep this morning so this is the best i could grab!), Total 0% yogurt with options hot chocolate mixed in (2.5 syns - YUM, and really satisfied that need for something chocolatey and indulgent and a much better choice than the cheesecake, chocolate and biscuits i drooled over in the shop when buying the yogurt lol!)
Mid Afternoon Snack: Peach and/or an apple
Dinner: Beef Casserole with lots of veggies, SW roast potatoes and broccoli and red cabbage (all free as long as the casserole thickens enough, if not maybe 1 syn for some gravy granules to thicken it).
I bought an apple and blackberry crumble for Mike's parents and Mike tonight as his parents are staying for dinner, here's hoping i can resist that!

Drinks: Diet Coke, SF squash and Dr Pepper Zero

Exercise - walk in to town at lunch time - about 40 mins of walking at a fairly reasonable pace.

Syns: 8.5/9.5 if i need to thicken casserole.

Hope you are all well! It's good to be back, i will catch up on diaries now :) xx

Welcome back! Well done on your weight loss. Hope Rebecca is feeling better now xx

Thanks girls. I've somehow (unsure what I did differently) managed to get on using my phone! Wohooo!

Food today hasn't been good :( seriously craving today and didn't have willpower.

So today was meant to be a eesp day but thinking I may need to eat carbs tonight to get rid of this constant picking I'm doing today!

Breakfast: 35g porridge with ss milk (HeA & HeB)
Morning snack: orange & 1 custard cream biscuit (3 syns)
Lunch: Ham salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red cabbage, peppers and wafer thin Ham) with some lf salad cream (3 syns)
(Was going ok until after lunch )
Afternoon binge = bag of cheese and onion walkers crisps, 4 more custard creams, the corner of a chocolate peanut bar one of my colleagues bought in (I don't even like peanuts!!!!!) And a mullerlight Greek style lemon yogurt.
Enough syns for the week I think! But that's it. Line drawn and moving on!

Dinner will be: roast chicken, sw roast potatoes, red cabbage, carrots and some gravy.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Back