Kim's diary of being a new mum

Aww... Both names iv considered but Rosie Lee, is Jono's mam!!! N George Lee is his nephew, so it's too close... :(
Both lovely tho :) Could be a sign tho!! ;)
Yay to 35 weeks... 35 days n counting :) congrats....

Ah how strange that they are names you'be considered! I can't say either of them grab me but maybe they will grow on me....I do like Georgia. Could be a sign! Eek 35 days seems really soon!! Eeep.

I was only so adamant on Cole as it was my Granny's maiden name and she lived next door and helped my dad bring me and my sister up when my mum left. It'll always remind me of her.
The surname thing is hard. We're lucky with Jones but when I was married years ago my surname was Picken. Imagine finding a name to go with that, especially a girls. Poppy Picken?! Lol. And the surname is just horrible in general. Glad I divorced him!!

Happy 35 weeks. You're all flying to the end now :) soon be time to meet baby!!

That dream is brilliant!! 26lbs worth of babies though....how did they get them back in?? Haha. I like the name Georgia, it's really pretty xxx

I know 26lbs... almost 2 stone of babies! I hope that's not a sign that baby lea is going to be enormous! I actually didn't see how the babies got back in I was just pregnant again (and huge!) Probably glad I didn't see how it happened lol.

Happy 35 weeks! What a crazy dream to celebrate with lol ;)

We had no idea about boy's names - we only had one we both liked (Anders) and I went off it by the time we knew we were having a boy. The name I wanted (Jonas) Colin hated! Was typical as we had tonnes of girls names planned...

We ended up picking both Seth and Rowan from a baby name book, no deep meaning there. We just liked the names and fortunately they suited him! We had surname issues too as ours is so long so we knew we needed to pick a short name and anything double barrelled was out of the question too! It's hard but you'll know the right name once you meet your baby :) xxx

See everyone picks such lovely names.... Seths name is perfect for him. I don't seem to be able to find any perfect names! Maybe I'll get you girls to name baby lea ;) I am hoping that ill know what name when I see baby but want to have a few to try out on it otherwise ill never decide!

I had boys names all picked out. Girls names were impossible for me and hubby to agree on. About a week before I had Ellen I had a dream about my hubbys mum, so I went to her grave to 'visit her' and saw her moms name on the Grave stone and fell in love with it 'Ellen', so my little one is named after my hubbys granny and mom.

Happy 35 Weeks honey!! It's flying by now!!! ;) :D xxx

35+1weeks

First load of baby washing in the washing machine! Eeek makes it feel real.... and reminds me we really don't have many clothes yet..... can see a shopping spree on the cards when baby is here as I don't want to go ott on neutral stuff!

My baby stash so far:

35+1weeks

First load of baby washing in the washing machine! Eeek makes it feel real.... and reminds me we really don't have many clothes yet..... can see a shopping spree on the cards when baby is here as I don't want to go ott on neutral stuff!

My baby stash so far:

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/klea83/media/Mobile Uploads/20140119_123656_zpsdmobt0rh.jpg.html

Ha ha 35 weeks must be the kick in the arse week to start getting ready. I done the same. Been saying for ages I'd get it started but once I got there I was on it!!
I don't have allot of clothes but I've enough to get me thru a couple of weeks. Plus u never know with gifts u'll get too so I think it's the best way...

Ha ha 35 weeks must be the kick in the arse week to start getting ready. I done the same. Been saying for ages I'd get it started but once I got there I was on it!!
I don't have allot of clothes but I've enough to get me thru a couple of weeks. Plus u never know with gifts u'll get too so I think it's the best way...

Haha yep I went to bed last night saying to Mike I have to wash baby clothes tomorrow and once our work stuff was done it went in the washing machine! I was meant to pack my hospital bag too today but I just keep staring at it and not putting anything in it :confused: just can't seem to focus enough on that. Maybe after dinner.

Really struggling with energy this weekend I'm exhausted despite doing nothing. God knows how I'm going to do another 3 weeks at work :-/ how are you finding energy? Or is it just me struggling? X

Energy... Hmmm... That word rings a bell but not too sure what it means anymore... I NEVER have energy these days... Its a struggle to shower n get dressed never mind do anything else...

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! Going to have to keep each other going for the next 3 weeks. I'm so wishing I was finishing this week but I have so much on leading up to my last week I can't change my dates. Really didn't think I'd suffer so badly at the end!

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! Going to have to keep each other going for the next 3 weeks. I'm so wishing I was finishing this week but I have so much on leading up to my last week I can't change my dates. Really didn't think I'd suffer so badly at the end!

Oh Kim I take my hat off to you! There's no way I could work at this stage... 32/33 weeks was perfect for me. I'm basically a cripple now :( I've barely done anything the last two days and on both days my back has been KILLING!!!! I've no energy either :(

Will try and help keep you going hun - and you Frances!! You can do it xx it will fly by as well, I know my mat leave came round quickly xx

Big hugs xx

Oh Kim I take my hat off to you! There's no way I could work at this stage... 32/33 weeks was perfect for me. I'm basically a cripple now :( I've barely done anything the last two days and on both days my back has been KILLING!!!! I've no energy either :(

Will try and help keep you going hun - and you Frances!! You can do it xx it will fly by as well, I know my mat leave came round quickly xx

Big hugs xx

Yeah i am not sure how i am doing it....well lets be honest i am not really being very productive at work...especially last week i spent most the time on here or browsing the web :p. I just keep telling myself, more time with baby.....thats keeping me going to a certain extent! Plus i generally feel well, just tired so thank god i haven't got SPD, back problems or been suffering with the BH's like you and poor Frances and i am still sleeping relatively OK so i can do this! I can see my end date on my little Outlook calendar and that helps lol.

Only 2 Monday morning wake ups left... We can do it :)

Yes we can do it!!! :D

HOpe you've a bit more energy today Kim xx Have a good Monday x

Feeling a bit better today, although 10am already yawning, but i did sleep quite well last night...only had to get up 2 times for a wee!

35+2 Weeks

Started my day folding the baby stuff that wasn't quite dry in the tumble drier last night so i put it on while i went to bed. Was so exciting folding these teeny little vests. Not long and i'll have a baby to put in them!!! :D

Struggling with energy levels at the moment, but feeling a bit better today so hopefully recharged my batteries over the weekend to help see me through the week at work.

14 more days of work to go! haha i am definitely on the countdown!

I've got quite a busy week in the evenings so i am sure i am going to be exhausted by the end of the week....but it's all nice things so i can't complain too much! Wednesday night i'm out for dinner with the girls and then Thursday we are hoping to go and order our cot from Mamas and Papas. Tonight i'm going to put away the baby stuff and wash the crib bedding and may even go and collect the crib from my mums...i feel ready to have some baby stuff out now! I am sure i am doing something Tuesday night but can't remember what lol.

Hope you girls have a good day! xx

Yeah i am not sure how i am doing it....well lets be honest i am not really being very productive at work...especially last week i spent most the time on here or browsing the web :p. I just keep telling myself, more time with baby.....thats keeping me going to a certain extent! Plus i generally feel well, just tired so thank god i haven't got SPD, back problems or been suffering with the BH's like you and poor Frances and i am still sleeping relatively OK so i can do this! I can see my end date on my little Outlook calendar and that helps lol.

Yes we can do it!!! :D

Feeling a bit better today, although 10am already yawning, but i did sleep quite well last night...only had to get up 2 times for a wee!

35+2 Weeks

Started my day folding the baby stuff that wasn't quite dry in the tumble drier last night so i put it on while i went to bed. Was so exciting folding these teeny little vests. Not long and i'll have a baby to put in them!!! :D

Struggling with energy levels at the moment, but feeling a bit better today so hopefully recharged my batteries over the weekend to help see me through the week at work.

14 more days of work to go! haha i am definitely on the countdown!

I've got quite a busy week in the evenings so i am sure i am going to be exhausted by the end of the week....but it's all nice things so i can't complain too much! Wednesday night i'm out for dinner with the girls and then Thursday we are hoping to go and order our cot from Mamas and Papas. Tonight i'm going to put away the baby stuff and wash the crib bedding and may even go and collect the crib from my mums...i feel ready to have some baby stuff out now! I am sure i am doing something Tuesday night but can't remember what lol.

Hope you girls have a good day! xx

Its mad how exciting washing/ironing can be isn't it?! lol

Its mad how exciting washing/ironing can be isn't it?! lol

I can genuinely say i normally hate washing and will do the minimal ironing i can get away with, but i can't wait to do the baby stuff!

Aww I love washing and looking at the little clothes....its even better when you get to put the little things on your little one

oooh i bet - must be lovely having someone to put in all those clothes! How are you are your little one getting on? x

oooh i bet - must be lovely having someone to put in all those clothes! How are you are your little one getting on? x

We are getting on great. Tiring stuff but loving that she is getting more alert everyday. Her brother and sister love her and she gives smiles already when my daughter talks to her.

I can genuinely say i normally hate washing and will do the minimal ironing i can get away with, but i can't wait to do the baby stuff!

I know me too... If we didn't need clean clothes for work etc I'd put off washing until I'd nothing left in my wardrobe!!! As for ironing.. I literally ONLY iron what NEEDS to be ironed.. But EVERYTHING baby has been ironed.. From vests (that won't be seen) to socks to BIBS!!!!! And I've never been so keen to put stuff on the clothes horse to dry ha ha ha

Aww Laura I bet it's lovely watching your children with little Ellen. I really love her name btw :)

Frances oh yeah totally I'm ironing everything for baby....even the muslins lol.

Uh oh girls ive found something that caters for the sweet fix I want when I want chocolate.... and it doesn't make me feel sick :rolleyes:

This could be dangerous! ;) lol

Aww Laura I bet it's lovely watching your children with little Ellen. I really love her name btw :)

Frances oh yeah totally I'm ironing everything for baby....even the muslins lol.

Uh oh girls ive found something that caters for the sweet fix I want when I want chocolate.... and it doesn't make me feel sick :rolleyes:

This could be dangerous! ;) lol

Yum yum...
But I think I should go get a bag to test... Before you eat them.. Just in case they do make you ill ;)
x

Back