Kim's diary of being a new mum

Yum yum...
But I think I should go get a bag to test... Before you eat them.. Just in case they do make you ill ;)
x

Sorry hun too late, i ate 1/2 the bag :eek: lol. I can confirm they do not make me ill but they did send baby a bit crazy and gave it hiccups...too much sugar anyone?! hahaha...Sorry baby! xx

well the sugar from the haribo didn't last and the tiredness has well and truly kicked in this afternoon. I just want to close my eyes. My plan tomorrow is have a little nap in the car at lunchtime if i am feeling this tired. Gotta figure out a way to make the next 3 weeks possible.

Doesn't help that my back aches today and i can't get comfy in my office chair. :sigh: woe is me!

Oh Kim I'm about to drop my head on my desk!!!
Have done NO work today.. Well.. Maybe half an hour in total.. But split up through the day.. So the fact that I have 4 women helping me to clear my backlog isn't really helping coz I can't even keep up with stuff coming in new.... Oh dear...

Baby's feet/bum are now comfortably (for her) lodged just under my right side rib cage...

Oh Kim I'm about to drop my head on my desk!!!
Have done NO work today.. Well.. Maybe half an hour in total.. But split up through the day.. So the fact that I have 4 women helping me to clear my backlog isn't really helping coz I can't even keep up with stuff coming in new.... Oh dear...

Baby's feet/bum are now comfortably (for her) lodged just under my right side rib cage...

I did no work either so don't worry! I've just been given 2 days of full day training sessions next week :-/ god knows how I'm going to cope! Maybe I can learn how to sleep with my eyes open?!

Haha mine likes to wedge it's bum and feet on one side of my ribs.... my be comfy for them. ..not so much us when sitting at a desk!

I did no work either so don't worry! I've just been given 2 days of full day training sessions next week :-/ god knows how I'm going to cope! Maybe I can learn how to sleep with my eyes open?!

Haha mine likes to wedge it's bum and feet on one side of my ribs.... my be comfy for them. ..not so much us when sitting at a desk!
No there's not much that's more uncomfortable than having a bum n feet stuffed in your ribs while stuck at a desk!!!

Hmmm not the greatest start to the day.... left home at 7.20 and at 7.50 I had to turn around (had only got 5 min walk away from home due to standstill traffic) as baby was pressing on my bladder and it was painful and the traffic was not moving! Now at home.... bladder empty and breakfast eaten. Just waiting for the traffic to ease off again so I can try to get in to work again! Now I know why I should have started maternity leave by now lol!

Hmmm not the greatest start to the day.... left home at 7.20 and at 7.50 I had to turn around (had only got 5 min walk away from home due to standstill traffic) as baby was pressing on my bladder and it was painful and the traffic was not moving! Now at home.... bladder empty and breakfast eaten. Just waiting for the traffic to ease off again so I can try to get in to work again! Now I know why I should have started maternity leave by now lol!

Aww poor you Kim! Nothing worse than needing to go and being stuck in traffic! Hope your day improves - take it easy! When do u finish? Xxx

Ha ha.. Made me giggle.. Am like a child now before I leave the house.. no matter WHERE I'm going or how long it will take.. I need to use the loo before I leave.. And usually again when I get to my destination.. lol

Aww poor you Kim! Nothing worse than needing to go and being stuck in traffic! Hope your day improves - take it easy! When do u finish? Xxx

Thankfully i did turn around as i found out it took someone 1hr 45mins to do the same journey as me - only about 4-5miles!....no way i could have waited that long! Maybe baby knew something i didn't! I'm finishing on 7th Feb and it can't come soon enough!

Ha ha.. Made me giggle.. Am like a child now before I leave the house.. no matter WHERE I'm going or how long it will take.. I need to use the loo before I leave.. And usually again when I get to my destination.. lol

Haha oh believe me i went before i left and purposely didn't drink anything this morning as i think baby was using my bladder as a cushion as i was up something like 4/5 times in the night. Sods law the little monkey has moved a bit now. When i got home my bladder was no where near full but it was telling me otherwise!!

Thankfully i did turn around as i found out it took someone 1hr 45mins to do the same journey as me - only about 4-5miles!....no way i could have waited that long! Maybe baby knew something i didn't! I'm finishing on 7th Feb and it can't come soon enough! Haha oh believe me i went before i left and purposely didn't drink anything this morning as i think baby was using my bladder as a cushion as i was up something like 4/5 times in the night. Sods law the little monkey has moved a bit now. When i got home my bladder was no where near full but it was telling me otherwise!!

Oh not much longer for you now then! I'm jealous I still have 6 weeks to go til mine starts xx

Oh not much longer for you now then! I'm jealous I still have 6 weeks to go til mine starts xx

Not much longer but i am wishing i would have finished up earlier than 38 weeks, this morning proved to me that it's getting more difficult as i get further along....and i'm only 35 weeks, so still got 3 weeks of baby growth to get through. I am also struggling with tiredness this week. How far along will you be when you finish up? x

Not much longer but i am wishing i would have finished up earlier than 38 weeks, this morning proved to me that it's getting more difficult as i get further along....and i'm only 35 weeks, so still got 3 weeks of baby growth to get through. I am also struggling with tiredness this week. How far along will you be when you finish up? x

Wowza Kim your braver than me.. I'm finishing at 34 weeks ... I had originally said 36 weeks but decided to put it forward.
Don't push yourself too hard though Hun your health is more important than anything else so if your struggling take the time that you need to rest! Xxxx

Hi hun x I do feel for you :( Must be so hard continuing at work at this stage. I don't know how you're doing it bless you. Is there no way you could have some time off? Or bring it forward? I know usually you have to give 28 days notice but sometimes HR/employers do make exceptions. I'm sure if you just explain how hard it is they can't really say no? At the end of the day they wouldn't want you feeling stressed mentally/physically. It's worth a try hun.

You need to get some rest hun xx It's so hard at this stage. xx

Wowza Kim your braver than me.. I'm finishing at 34 weeks ... I had originally said 36 weeks but decided to put it forward.
Don't push yourself too hard though Hun your health is more important than anything else so if your struggling take the time that you need to rest! Xxxx

Hi hun x I do feel for you :( Must be so hard continuing at work at this stage. I don't know how you're doing it bless you. Is there no way you could have some time off? Or bring it forward? I know usually you have to give 28 days notice but sometimes HR/employers do make exceptions. I'm sure if you just explain how hard it is they can't really say no? At the end of the day they wouldn't want you feeling stressed mentally/physically. It's worth a try hun.

You need to get some rest hun xx It's so hard at this stage. xx

Overall i am still feeling OK - apart from my little hiccup this morning but that was the traffic not me, i only have to travel 4 miles so can still manage that as i drive, i park outside and then just walk in to the office. I guess it's just the tiredness but i keep thinking i managed at the beginning and to be honest i would probably do more if i wasn't at work as i'd be bored. I haven't really got any annual leave to tag on (i'm in the same holiday year as i had the wedding/honeymoon so only got 4 days left which i wanted to carry over) and i have so many meetings in the run up to leaving that i feel bad if i bring the time forward.
I have got tomorrow afternoon off for an "antenatal class" ;) and i am sure i can squeeze a couple more "appointments" in to give me some time off between now and the 7th.

It's going to be hard but it means more time with bubba afterwards and i want all the time i can get as i will be back to work in about 6months or so.
I can do this.... I have to do this!!!!! You girls who are on maternity leave already can rest for me! ;)

Overall i am still feeling OK - apart from my little hiccup this morning but that was the traffic not me, i only have to travel 4 miles so can still manage that as i drive, i park outside and then just walk in to the office. I guess it's just the tiredness but i keep thinking i managed at the beginning and to be honest i would probably do more if i wasn't at work as i'd be bored. I haven't really got any annual leave to tag on (i'm in the same holiday year as i had the wedding/honeymoon so only got 4 days left which i wanted to carry over) and i have so many meetings in the run up to leaving that i feel bad if i bring the time forward.
I have got tomorrow afternoon off for an "antenatal class" ;) and i am sure i can squeeze a couple more "appointments" in to give me some time off between now and the 7th.

It's going to be hard but it means more time with bubba afterwards and i want all the time i can get as i will be back to work in about 6months or so.
I can do this.... I have to do this!!!!! You girls who are on maternity leave already can rest for me! ;)
I hear ya hunnie on the "appointments" I had one today :) And another Thursday.. Though I do have an appointment Thursday but I'll be well able to go back to the office as its at my doctors, which is less than 10 mins from work.. But they don't know what ;)

I feel the very same.. I keep thinking of how well able I was at the start and can't get my head around why its so tough now... I guess at the start we had a sesame seed.. Where now we have like 6 bags of sugar or there abouts.... And thats only baby... not counting the waters n blood n placenta and so on....

Def take it easy and if it gets too much get your doc to sign you off seen as you've no annual leave to bring it forward.. Saves your ML at least... xxx

I hear ya hunnie on the "appointments" I had one today :) And another Thursday.. Though I do have an appointment Thursday but I'll be well able to go back to the office as its at my doctors, which is less than 10 mins from work.. But they don't know what ;)

I feel the very same.. I keep thinking of how well able I was at the start and can't get my head around why its so tough now... I guess at the start we had a sesame seed.. Where now we have like 6 bags of sugar or there abouts.... And thats only baby... not counting the waters n blood n placenta and so on....

Def take it easy and if it gets too much get your doc to sign you off seen as you've no annual leave to bring it forward.. Saves your ML at least... xxx

Yeah i couldn't imagine i'd feel this tired - i always thought women were sort of milking it when they would complain about being so tired in late pregnancy, but now i realise that it really does just hit you like a brick wall! You're right at the start there was hardly any weight to carry with our little seeds, but now we have pretty much full size babies and all the extra stuff to go with it weighing us down, as well as our bodies sustaining 2 people so we are bound to struggle a little bit.

If i get signed off they start my maternity leave early here, so i either have to keep going (which i hope i can!) or give up and get signed off and start maternity leave earlier...i will see how i get on but i'm half way through this week so i am sure i can do another 2 and a half!

35+4weeks
Well i've had a really annoying headache since yesterday afternoon, i took 2 paracetamol when i got home last night and went to bed and it seemed to go...although was sort of lingering in the background and i woke up again this morning with it so had to take another paracetamol to try and ease it. I don't have any visual disturbances so thinking it's just a headache but i know my mum will give me a lecture when i see her later on, so i am toying with the idea of calling the hospital for some advice, but i really don't want to have to go in and get checked as i'll lose my parking space here and then wont be able to park when i get back. I'm on 1/2 day today so hoping the headache will go if i drink plenty of fluids.

Other than that baby has been nice and active...well i say active it certainly doesn't have much room but it seems to enjoy rolling from side to side and sticking bits out (knee? foot? elbow?) i'm never sure what it is thats sticking out but sometimes it's pretty uncomfortable! I even managed to almost grab whatever it stuck out this morning - it didn't appreciate me doing that and went a bit crazy! haha.

Hope you girls are all ok! xx

Morning Hun!

I'm so impressed at all you girls managing to work this late in your pregnancies. I was gone by 31 weeks but, to be fair, I don't particularly like my job so it was more a case of 'any excuse'. And mine was pretty much all annual leave, my maternity leave started 11 days before Cole was born.
Hope the headache sods off. Does a can of full fat coke work for you if you can get hold of one? Usually worked for me.
Hope you feel better soon xx

Morning hun.. Sorry to hear you're suffering with headaches... I've one this morning but I know its down to getting no sleep..
Sarah's right... A can of coke usually does the trick.. Or a weak coffee??
I love that we're still afraid of our Mammy's no matter what age we reach.. lol

Morning Hun!

I'm so impressed at all you girls managing to work this late in your pregnancies. I was gone by 31 weeks but, to be fair, I don't particularly like my job so it was more a case of 'any excuse'. And mine was pretty much all annual leave, my maternity leave started 11 days before Cole was born.
Hope the headache sods off. Does a can of full fat coke work for you if you can get hold of one? Usually worked for me.
Hope you feel better soon xx

Morning hun.. Sorry to hear you're suffering with headaches... I've one this morning but I know its down to getting no sleep..
Sarah's right... A can of coke usually does the trick.. Or a weak coffee??
I love that we're still afraid of our Mammy's no matter what age we reach.. lol

Thanks girls - the headache didn't go so i ended up at the hospital to have my BP checked, it was slightly high but not too bad so they just want to monitor it as they aren't sure why the heacahe wont go. Good thing is they did a CTG trace on baby and it was perfect, so baby Lea is nice and happy in there, oblivious to how flipping tired i am and how much my head hurts lol.

I am planning on trying the full fat coke thing today...anything is worth a shot right!? Worked at the beginning of pregnancy so fingers crossed!

aww thanks hun - that had some good points - i've forwarded to Mike....might make him switch his brain to baby names today.....maybe! lol.

35+5 weeks
Well my sister gave birth to my niece at this gestation...lets hope baby Lea cooks for a little bit longer!

As i said above i ended up going to be checked at the hospital yesterday to check my BP which is a tad high, but thankfully not too high for them to need to do anything other than monitor it. Got to get checked over tomorrow and then i have an appointment booked already for Tuesday so at least it will be monitored.

I am off out tonight to hopefully order the cot bed we want which is exciting and maybe grab a few other bits and pieces we need for bubs.

1 more day this week after today and thats another week done....and then its 2 weeks to go at work before maternity leave! :D

Back