Kim's diary of being a new mum

Hope your ok Kim xxx

Oh blimey, it's all go on here! Glad I popped back. Hope all is ok Kim - you're in the right place. Glad to hear that baby is doing well, hopefully you'll be out of there soon xxx

Thanks girls. Waiting for blood results and drs review which may happen tonight.... secretly hoping they will let me go home but I'm not convinced it seems they don't know what's wrong with me lol. It seems ive got a few things going on and individually they wouldn't be concerned but together they suggest something isn't right!

Very boring in here but thankfully on a 3 bed Ward so not too many women.

Part of me just wants them to get baby out now if they are worried (they have mentioned induction is a possibility but not mentioned when). Just got to wait to see what the bloods are I guess.

Seems my body certainly isn't keen on me working still lol.

Thanks girls Ill keep you updated!

Missy... lovely to see you back here :D big hugs xxx

Well not going to get much sleep as they've just bought and early labourer in who is making a fair bit of noise and she's only just 2cm dilated.....joy oh joy!

Well not going to get much sleep as they've just bought and early labourer in who is making a fair bit of noise and she's only just 2cm dilated.....joy oh joy!

See, this is what it was like for me when I was in. As much as I pitied them I was thinking they'd be screwed at 6 or 7 cm ;)

See, this is what it was like for me when I was in. As much as I pitied them I was thinking they'd be screwed at 6 or 7 cm ;)

Bless her she did really well with pethidine but she's got to 5cm and now her contractions are back to back. Her bf is useless so can safely say that I'm not getting any sleep tonight/this morning. I want to go home to my bed

I had the 'I can't do it' woman when I was in the induction room, no one got any sleep with her there! I wouldn't have minded but she was only 2cm and already on the pethadine :/ Did wonder how the poor girl got on in the end...

Sounds like she'll be moved on soon though, hope you get some sleep! xxx

They moved her to the pool but she's back and not dialated any more so I'm back to listening to "I'm dying". Oh well maybe I slept for 30 mins all night. When they ask me do you have a headache what the hell am I meant to say....yes but because I've listened to someone shout all night and had no sleep! Joy now shes being sick after each contraction......let me go home lol!!!!

They moved her to the pool but she's back and not dialated any more so I'm back to listening to "I'm dying". Oh well maybe I slept for 30 mins all night. When they ask me do you have a headache what the hell am I meant to say....yes but because I've listened to someone shout all night and had no sleep! Joy now shes being sick after each contraction......let me go home lol!!!!

Aww god love both of you. Could never understand how they don't try to move people in labour somewhere a little more quiet at night to give sleeping people a chance to rest.

They've finally given her some more pethidine and extra anti sickness which seeems to be working at least. I feel for her she must be exhausted as her waters went early hours of the night before. Hopefully she'll get some sleep and her body will continue to dilate. Poor thing she was really scared when they bought her back.

I'm ok tired but otherwise ok. Bp has been stable throughout the night so they've just been and taken more blood (will I have any left?!) And she is going to get it sent off now so hopefully we can get results back before drs come round. Apart from that I've had sympathy braxton hicks throughout the night with pretty bad period cramps but nothing amazing so doubt its the start of anything. Baby is having a good old wriggle this morning so at least I know he/she is ok in there.

How are you hun? Doesn't look like you got much sleep last night either? Xx

They are finally taking the poor girl to labour Ward so she can have an epidural and they are going to give her the drip to speed things up! Bless the midwives are being so patient with her she won't move from her bed. Poor thing hope they sort her out and get baby out

Bless her, glad she's being sorted out! Hopefully you can get a nap in the day now she's gone, even if it's just a power nap. Fingers crossed for your blood results, hope they let you out today xxx

Hope your blood tests come back okay and they let you home to your own bed.
Yeah I'm grand. Got about 5hrs sleep in a row last night which is great, probably the best nights sleep I've had for the last 6months ha. Since I started eating back on plan this week I feel a lot more energetic and happier.

Just been on the ctg baby is fine and I'm having fairly regular tightenings this morning. Maybe baby lea doesn't want to wait too much longer either! Although no pain so I don't think they are doing anything! I thought maybe they were sympathy pains for the lady who was in here lol. I've had pain most of the night to be honest but it's just back pain like a period pain. We shall see! Xx

Back