Kim's diary of being a new mum

Ah missy I read yours twice because at first it sounded like you had an explosive poo and it went all down your nightie then of course. Realised the context but it gave me a giggle lol x

Gosh I can't keep up with ur diary... Lol

Ok... Here's my attempt at remembering...
Head temp.. Yes. Eabha's head is usually allot hitter than her body.

Night changes... I change Eabha at last feed n then usually not in the night feed unless, like u, she's really wet r dirty. Or if she won't settle. PHN said not to as it wakes her more n makes it more difficult to settle her back down (prob the only bit of advice iv taken from her!!)

Well done Rebecca sleeping so long. Hope u feel better for the good rest xxxx

Just wanted to share a few of the photos I took of Rebecca this weekend :)

And one of the 3 of us :D

The pics are fab!! Wish I could take pics like that of Cole, you've got some brilliant ones there. Wanna pop to Yorkshire and do some of us? ;) haha. We've actually got a fairly decent bridge camera so could do our own. Any tips?xx

Aww what amazing pix

We're having a little photo shoot done Monday. Til an offer where they do a full shoot n u get yer fav one 1 free. N hav an option to by all some r none of the rest... Hoping to not want all the prints as they're a small fortune!! Lol
But do hope to get a fab pic of my lady

Lovely pics so professional looking what a sweetie xx

Ah Kim, you're mega clever with a camera! Rebecca is such a gorgeous little lady <3 xxx

Great pics :) wish I was as good with a camera!!

Awww thanks girls im so pleased she slept as I wanted to do the photos when she was brand new but with being in neonatal etc I couldn't so im glad she still tucks herself up and let me pose her (she did complain a few times lol)

The pics are fab!! Wish I could take pics like that of Cole, you've got some brilliant ones there. Wanna pop to Yorkshire and do some of us? ;) haha. We've actually got a fairly decent bridge camera so could do our own. Any tips?xx
Aww would love to come and take photos....stupid distance! :(
My tips for you are:
Get some fabric as a background and make sure you are in front of a window (not direct sunlight you need the light soft). Pop your camera on to a semi manual setting 'A' (aperture priority) is best if your camera hass it. Set the aperture to the lowest setting (you'll need to make sure you focus on Coles face...his eyes preferably) and put your ISO to about 400 or so. It's trial and error but if you do that you should get some pretty good photos :)

Aww what amazing pix

We're having a little photo shoot done Monday. Til an offer where they do a full shoot n u get yer fav one 1 free. N hav an option to by all some r none of the rest... Hoping to not want all the prints as they're a small fortune!! Lol
But do hope to get a fab pic of my lady

Oooh can't wait to see the picture(s) you choose. I would be useless and spend hundreds which is why is good I can do then myself lol!

Lovely pics so professional looking what a sweetie xx
Aww thanks photography is my 'on the side' job/hobby so its lovely having a live in model to practice on haha! Not sure Rebecca will agree in a few years though!

Ah Kim, you're mega clever with a camera! Rebecca is such a gorgeous little lady <3 xxx

Thanks hun xx

I'm stealing those tips! I've not often done manual mode so still a very steep learning curve for me! X

Thanks for the tips :) Tom likes to mess about with the different settings on the camera so I'm sure he'll find the right ones with your help. Just need to get Cole to play ball now xx

Also stealing these tips. We've been n bought a good bridge camera n photo printer since having Eabha so t b able take a good pic is great :)

Oh I'm the same Kim. Am hoping I can control myself!!
Seeing as we're not ppl to put pics on display in the house it'd be am awful "waste" of money anyway...
I say waste as they'd be hidden in a drawer r press.. Not that it's b wasted on pics of baby

Hi Kim,

How are you?

Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous!! She looks so dinky :) Beautiful girl xxx

Hope you and little Rebecca are well xxx

Hmmm just fed Rebecca and swaddled her ready to go back to bed and the monkey poos.... sounds explosive too! Just what I wanted at 5am!

We are doing ok plodding along. Shes been quite bad after a few good days at sleeping..... she went down at 10.30 up at 12.30, then refused to sleep in her crib (she stares at me through the bars and makes so much noise...not crying but it's clear she isn't planning to sleep!) So I ended up pulling her in to bed with me and within seconds she's asleep! I tried putting her back in her crib and she's wide awake! She really is a monkey! At least I got some sleep...I was so tired at the 12.30 feed I could barely keep my eyes open!

We've got clinic today so we will see how her weight is... fingers crossed it's gone up enough to keep her on the curve she's on in her red book.

Hope you girls are ok I'm off to change a yucky nappy and try to get madam back to sleep for a couple more hours! Xx

Kim ur edd was same as mine wasn't it? Give r take a day r 2??? (Mine was 20th feb)
If yes, the unsettled will be her developmental leap!!! Not fun!!!
Good luck at clinic xxx

Yes she was due 22nd....I downloaded that app so in hopefully ready! Lol. Its very true as sunday night she cried proper tears....which made me cry a I felt so bad she was that upset! (Even if nothing we did seemed to help! ) the app is telling me im in for a week of it..oh joy lol xx

Yes she was due 22nd....I downloaded that app so in hopefully ready! Lol. Its very true as sunday night she cried proper tears....which made me cry a I felt so bad she was that upset! (Even if nothing we did seemed to help! ) the app is telling me im in for a week of it..oh joy lol xx

Well take comfort knowing but not alone!! In going thru it too!!!
Yea Eabha's spot in with it too. Tears started about a week ago n are more frequent now n can go right down her little cheeks :(
I too cried when she started with tears!!
But her big gummy smiles have started too. Soon as she sees me (or daddy) after a good long sleep her face beams... N I cry again!!! Lol
And she's found her hands :)
Our little ladies are growing up already :(

Jess (princess peach) Amelia should be here too???

Well take comfort knowing but not alone!! In going thru it too!!!
Yea Eabha's spot in with it too. Tears started about a week ago n are more frequent now n can go right down her little cheeks :(
I too cried when she started with tears!!
But her big gummy smiles have started too. Soon as she sees me (or daddy) after a good long sleep her face beams... N I cry again!!! Lol
And she's found her hands :)
Our little ladies are growing up already :(

Jess (princess peach) Amelia should be here too???

Aww Rebecca isn't smiling yet....I think she has a few times but I'm still unsure if it's wind or not! She's far too keen on frowning or pouting at me! Haha. Can't wait for her to grin at me... Might make it easier to cope when she's being a monster lol.
I love that she's started cooing at toys and "talking" to them and she's getting more control over her hands but still likes to claw at her face when she's angry or tired!
Its crazy how quickly they develop.... In some ways I can't wait for her to learn all these things but equally want to keep her tiny and newborn for longer!

Aww Rebecca isn't smiling yet....I think she has a few times but I'm still unsure if it's wind or not! She's far too keen on frowning or pouting at me! Haha. Can't wait for her to grin at me... Might make it easier to cope when she's being a monster lol.
I love that she's started cooing at toys and "talking" to them and she's getting more control over her hands but still likes to claw at her face when she's angry or tired!
Its crazy how quickly they develop.... In some ways I can't wait for her to learn all these things but equally want to keep her tiny and newborn for longer!
Jonathan got her biggest brightest smile and first coo... Was raging lol

But I get loads a day now.. he misses them being at work and she's asleep most of the evening when he's home :( He still gets smiles of course.. But misses most of them..

Yea she's started feeling at her face but then so get excited or something and scrabs herself!! Big eejit lol
Seriously.. you think she gets away with murder now, you just wait til she's smiling!!!!

Aww Rebecca isn't smiling yet....I think she has a few times but I'm still unsure if it's wind or not! She's far too keen on frowning or pouting at me! Haha. Can't wait for her to grin at me... Might make it easier to cope when she's being a monster lol. I love that she's started cooing at toys and "talking" to them and she's getting more control over her hands but still likes to claw at her face when she's angry or tired! Its crazy how quickly they develop.... In some ways I can't wait for her to learn all these things but equally want to keep her tiny and newborn for longer!

The smiling really does make things easier, promise ;) I bet she is smiling already, babies can smile from birth but social smiling happens at about 6-8 weeks. The first time Seth smiled and his eyes smiled with him was amazing! He's just started babbling properly too and it's adorable. Watching him grow and change is amazing compensation for the not so enjoyable bits of parenting! xxx

Back