Kim's diary of being a new mum

Morning all, Well rebecca has been much better at sleeping she spends at least some time in her crib but at the moment comes in to bed with me too but I sleep much bet knowing she can't fall out. Still no obviously deliberate smiles although she is smiling im never sure if it's wind etc. It is a beautiful smile when she does it so can't wait for it to be deliberate. Rebecca has her 8 week check today and immunisations :( poor baby but I know it's for her own good. Hope everyone is doing well :) xx

It won't be long until you know for sure it's a deliberate smile and it's amazing. It's even better when you ask them to do it and they do! :D Glad she's sleeping better and you're getting some sleep too. And glad that she's spending at least some time in her crib.
I know it won't help because you'll be dreading them but the immunisations weren't as bad as I thought. The first time Cole whimpered for a few seconds then started grinning at something on the ceiling (freaks me out when he does that, it's like he's looking at someone!) and at his 12 week ones he just jumped at the first jab and cried for about five seconds with the second then laughed at Tom!! They're far worse for us than they are for them. Xx

Well little lady had her jabs today and is very sleepy and very unhappy if shes awake. I feel awful for putting her through it but I know its for her own good I just hope she perks up tomorrow. I'm taking her temperature regularly to make sure it's not rising to much but will probably give her a dose of calpol before bed to hopefully help her sleep.

She was checked over and they are happy with her apart from her lack of smiles! So she has to have a check at 12 weeks just to make sure shes smiling by then. Other than that they are very happy with her and she's now a whopping 8lbs 5ozs! The little fatty!

Aww well done Rebecca for the weight gain :) I love how Amelia is 1 whole month younger than her and a week ago weighed 10lb 12oz lol! :D I've such a chunk!!

And well done baby girl for getting through the jabs :) she's so clever!!

How are you doing gorgeous lady? xxx

Aww well done Rebecca for the weight gain :) I love how Amelia is 1 whole month younger than her and a week ago weighed 10lb 12oz lol! :D I've such a chunk!!

And well done baby girl for getting through the jabs :) she's so clever!!

How are you doing gorgeous lady? xxx

Haha I know everyone is shocked when I say she's 8 weeks old as they always comment on how teeny she is! To me she seems big now as she's grown loads since she was born but I know she's not as she's still in newborn size clothes!

She was very grumpy after her jabs and full of wind... apparently a side effect of the rotavirus liquid they give them so she's been pretty unsettled with that but seems a lot better today so hopefully she is recovered from her injection ordeal.

We are having a chilled out day today just lazing in our pjs on the sofa sleeping and playing on her play mat when she's awake. I think I got a couple of smiles this morning too :D

Thinking of you today Kim xx big hugs xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks girls ♥ Had a few tears this morning as i guess my dad not being here has sort of taken a back seat to little lady and this morning it sorry of hit me that he isn't here. We all met up to visit the crematorium with flowers and a birthday card and I'm feeling a bit better now.

Little lady was really grumpy after her jabs on Tuesday and omg she was so windy after the rotavirus stuff they gave her. I ended up in tears on Friday after a night of no sleep as she was falling asleep then waking up in pain she was then messing around feeding all day (I think due to the pain) She was latching on and then pulling off and screaming at me.... she made me so sore and it was so exhausting as she had been a grump all day wed, thurs and Friday. Thankfully we tried some gripe water Friday night and it seemed to help so we at least slept that night. She seems better today although still a bit grumpy but I'm not sure that its not a bit of a growth spurt now.

Hope you girls are all ok xxx

Glad Rebecca's feeling a bit better. Cole won't wind during the night, refuses point blank, so I always give him a bit of gripe water before bed to work during the night then a bit first thing to work during the day and so far it's working.
I can only imagine how hard today has been for you. I'm sure your lovely little lady cheered everyone up though xx

Glad Rebecca's feeling a bit better. Cole won't wind during the night, refuses point blank, so I always give him a bit of gripe water before bed to work during the night then a bit first thing to work during the day and so far it's working.
I can only imagine how hard today has been for you. I'm sure your lovely little lady cheered everyone up though xx

I'm thinking I might do that and give her some before bed on a regular basis as she's often quite bad at winding in the night too.

Rebecca has definitely cheered us up and kept us occupied. Bless her my mum looked after her for a couple of hours last night so mike and I could go for a meal for our 1st wedding anniversary. Well mum took her to a party for a family friend who has cancer and is basically on borrowed time :( Well mum got very upset (a bit close to home with it being almost a year since my dad passed away) and Rebecca apparently gave her the biggest smile like she was saying "don't be sad nanna I'm here" which really cheered my mum up. It seems my baby girl can smile she's just a bit selective as to when she smiles lol.

I'm glad Rebecca's been able to put a smile on your face today. 18 years ago I was where you are now so I have a good idea how tough today has been for you. Massive hugs xxx

xxxxxxx

Amazing what these little ppl can do. Just a little look takes any sadness away
I kno this Mother's Day for me was the first in 5 years that I've not shed a tear (well, I did but it was happy tears this year ;) )
Big hugs Kim xxxxx

Aww glad Rebecca is there to help you through xxxx

xxxxxxx Amazing what these little ppl can do. Just a little look takes any sadness away I kno this Mother's Day for me was the first in 5 years that I've not shed a tear (well, I did but it was happy tears this year ;) ) Big hugs Kim xxxxx

I feel the same about Father's Day - it's been a sad day for me for the last 20 years so although I'll still be thinking of my dad lots, it'll be lovely this year to be able to treat Seth's dad :) xxx

Kids make everything so much easier. You just know you have to get on with things when you have kids. Mothers day was difficult here this year too. We had to just try and make it special for the kids. Hope you are okay and everyone is looking after you xx

Hi girls,
Sorry I haven't been on very much. Ive just been busy with my little munchkin.

Rebecca has really turned a corner this week she's started smiling.... she was smiling at everyone apart from me for a few days but today she gave me the most gorgeous smiles so she's obviously decided I deserve some smiles too! Little monkey!

She's still very much an 'on demand' breastfed baby so we can sometimes go 3-4hrs between feeds but she can also cluster feed and feed every hour! I'm ok with that as I don't really want to stop bfing yet. She has one bottle at around 7/8pm of either expressed or formula (depends how much I've managed to express) which mike gives her and that gives me time to shower, cook dinner etc and she's so much more content after that rather than doing the solid feeding and screaming when she wasn't with me thing she was doing. I try to express during that time to build up a supply in the freezer.

Shes still waking up 3hrly in the night for feeds but will sometimes sleep for 4hrs if shes sleeping in my bed with me. Shes still sleeping with me quite a lot but I'm also making sure she goes down in her crib in a hope that she will get used to sleeping in there. Last night she stayed in her crib from 12 until 4am but after waking at 2am then 4am for feeds I decided to take her in to bed as I was desperate for more than 1.5hrs sleep! It worked and she slept until just before 8am.

The diet is still not happening im eating so much crap! Really need to get a handle on it but feeding her makes me so hungry and I'm often left with a baby in my arms so end up grabbing chocolate/biscuits etc as they are easy to eat!

Rebecca was weighed by my mum yesterday and she's up to 8lb 12ozs.... Shes now getting too big for her newborn clothes so think I need to pack those up in the next week or so and get the 0-3 months out!

Hope you girls are all ok! Xx

Aw well done Rebecca and Mummy!!! Sounds like you're definitely getting there with the crib. It might take time but those hours in the night where she's in it will (hopefully) get longer as she sleeps more.
Yay to the smiles! It's the best thing knowing that they've done it because they want to. I love how she's been teasing you and giving else them first, little monkey ;)
Hope you're getting a bit more sleep tonight xx

Back