Kim's diary of being a new mum

Awww sounds like you're both doing great :) Smiles are lovely aren't they?! And well done Rebecca for the weight gain!!! :D

Doing very well missus :)

Hope you're having a good Friday xx

Thanks guys we are doing good although I seen to gave serious baby brain still?! Please tell me im not the only one?! I keeo forgetting stuff and just generally am completely useless! Haha.

Rebecca slept in her crib all night last night! She went down about 11 so was asleep by 11.30pm, she woke at 3.30am for a feed (well actually I woke her she was making 'I'm hungry' noises but wasn't fully awake, but I needed a wee so decided while I was up I'd feed her. She went back down about 4 and made noises for about 15 mins then slept until mikes alarm went off at 7am, she fed and we went back to bed and she slept until 11.15am! What a good girl! I'm hoping she does the same tonight! Although if I'm honest I missed her sleeping with me :rolleyes: so today I took her back to bed with me after the 7am feed!

Well I'm thinking about trying to do Slimming World from Monday. I'm feeling pretty low about my weight and body and the fact nothing fits... my pre pregnancy stuff is tight and my maternity stuff is too loose! So decided I'd give it a go and hope that being better than I am, even if it's not 100%, might help a few pounds drop off! I will post my food diary here so I'm accountable. Just got to get my books out and figure out some meal plans and order some food!

Yay, well done Rebecca for the big sleep and for sleeping in the crib. Clever little girly :) glad you got some sleep too Kim xx

Great news she slept in the crib and for so long!
Def not the only one who still has baby brain! I forgot everything, other day started ironing when it wasn't plugged in and tried to get in a car before realising it wasn't mine!! X

Well rebecca turned 10 weeks old yesterday! Where have those weeks gone?! I don't want her to grow up anymore! Lol.

Well today is day 1 of my attempt to do Slimming World as I'm aware that my weight has started going up again so time to give it a go. I'm not going to beat myself up if I have bad days im just hoping that I'll be able to lose a bit of weight.

I'm breastfeeding so I get 6 healthy extras. I'm going to try and have the recommended 4 from the A list and 2 from the B list. I'm going to try extra easy but if it doesn't work I'll go back to red and green (previously EE hasn't worked great for me and my losses have been really low!)

My plan for food today is:

Monday 14 April Extra Easy

Breakfast: 35g porridge oats (HeB) with SS milk (HeA), sweetener, mullerlight strawberry, banana and tangerine.

Lunch: pasta, bacon (fat removed), mixed veg, philadelphia light (heA). An apple

It was all going well until Dinner :( I went over to my sisters and we sat in the garden and ordered a takeaway pizza :-/ oops!

Dinner: 3 slices of pizza and 2 pieces of garlic bread oops!

I somehow need to have another heB and another heA! Having 6 healthy extras is going to be hard! I'll try to incorporate those in to snacks or something!

Last edited:
Morning hunnie.. I know.. Where are the weeks going?!
Think we may need a 10 week birthday pic :D

Good luck getting back on it... Please send me some motivation.. I NEED it..

I know it's crazy how quickly it's going! I want time to slow down!

I will sort a photo or two out once little lady is awake :)

Oh and sending motivation your way! Although not sure how long mine will last I'm sure ill be weak on days where I am tired! :rolleyes:

Well done for getting back into it and great mindset. Its best not to put too much pressure on yourself with a new baby in tow. Good luck xx
Thanks hun :) so far so good I've had breakfast and lunch but feeling a bit peckish so need to get thinking what I can have for my snack!

Well done for getting back on it hun! Food is looking great :)

Hope you're well tonight? I agree with Frances - a pic would be lovely :) hehe xx

Well day 1 on the diet went well until Dinner :( I went to see my sister and we ordered takeaway pizza! Oh well move on and it was nice.

So todays food is

Breakfast: 3 x chocolate weetabix (1.5heB + syns but need to check) ss milk (heA) and a banana and danio strawberry yogurt (1syn?)

Lunch: ended up eating lunch at 4pm! And was out and suddenly starving so got a chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread so a heB and syns but hopefully not too bad. Then my niece bought me a chocolate Brownie out of her own money so probably a lot of syns..eek!

Dinner: chicken breast wrapped in bacon with cheese ( heA ) and SW chips with salad.

All in all not too bad apart from lunch. I've certainly improved from what I was eating so that's an improvement. :eek:

Last edited:
Well Rebecca got weighed this week and was 9lb 3ozs! Fatty!

Here are a few photos:

Still wrapped in her swaddle blanket... she was screaming at me this morning wanting food so we unswaddled as she fed lol.

She loves her mobile above her crib.... perhaps a little too much as she was laying there smiling at them last night!

My little ladybird (yep im a cruel mum lol)

Food today:

Breakfast: 2 chocolate weetabix with banana and ss milk (heB and heA)

Lunch: pasta, ham, mixed veg with heA of cheese.

Dinner: extra lean beef meatballs and pasta in a tomato sauce with a heA of cheese.

Still need to have another heB and heA so will try and incorporate those in to a snack or two.

Hope you all have a good day xx

Aww well done Rebecca! Just think Kim, add 5oz and I gave birth to that lol!!! :O :/ ouch!

And...as if we have the same bouncer chair?! This is Amelia this morning :) xx

Attachments

• 1397646564675.jpg
    1397646564675.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 62
Well done on the gain Rebecca!!! Good work :) she looks fab in those pics. Little cutie xx

Ah Kim, she's lovely! And what a fab weight gain, she's doing fab on mummy milk, you should be very proud xxx

Aww well done Rebecca! Just think Kim, add 5oz and I gave birth to that lol!!! :O :/ ouch!

And...as if we have the same bouncer chair?! This is Amelia this morning :) xx

Awww Amelia is gorgeous and yes they are chair buddies ;) Rebecca seems to prefer it to her swing at the moment so it will give me 10 mins to get dressed or put some washing on etc until shes shouting at me again.

Well done on the gain Rebecca!!! Good work :) she looks fab in those pics. Little cutie xx
Aww thanks hun xx

Ah Kim, she's lovely! And what a fab weight gain, she's doing fab on mummy milk, you should be very proud xxx
Thanks hun. How is Seth getting on with your non-dairy diet? Xx

Thanks laura for some reason it won't let me quote you! hope you are well :) xx

Back