Kim's diary of being a new mum

We didn't put Cole in his room until he started sleeping through, which coincided with him starting to have three meals a day and putting himself in a routine. The original plan was to put him in next week as he's 6 months on Monday but once he started going through we were disturbing him, plus Tom had two weeks off at the start of June so it seemed an ideal time. Wasn't easy and I still wake up to check the monitor and make sure he's breathing but I'm doing it less and less.

I love Secret Eaters. They make me laugh though when they say the hardly eat, they must know?! I'm a Secret Eater but I don't lie to myself and say I don't eat a lot, I know I do!!x

Yes I'm hoping that when we start food with Rebecca she will start sleeping through the night. If I'm truthful I like having night time snuggles with Rebecca.... especially the feed at 4/5 as I tend to keep her in bed with me rather than get her back to sleep for her to be woken by Mike's alarm. I love waking up to her little body all snuggled in to me and she makes me laugh if she wants a feed as she headbutts/pecks me until I wake rather than crying out. Crazy baby!

Big news she's still in her crib! 2.5hrs and counting!

Haha I know some of them must be in denial surely you know you you are eating McDonald's or kfc and eat endless takeaways. Did you watch the one with the guy who poured double cream on his special K cereal? He was insane saying that because the cereal was healthy he thought he could eat as much of it as he liked and thought the cream wasn't a problem! I'm sorry if I was pouring double cream on my cereal I would expect to get fat!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes I'm hoping that when we start food with Rebecca she will start sleeping through the night. If I'm truthful I like having night time snuggles with Rebecca.... especially the feed at 4/5 as I tend to keep her in bed with me rather than get her back to sleep for her to be woken by Mike's alarm. I love waking up to her little body all snuggled in to me and she makes me laugh if she wants a feed as she headbutts/pecks me until I wake rather than crying out. Crazy baby! Big news she's still in her crib! 2.5hrs and counting! Haha I know some of them must be in denial surely you know you you are eating McDonald's or kfc and eat endless takeaways. Did you watch the one with the guy who poured double cream on his special K cereal? He was insane saying that because the cereal was healthy he thought he could eat as much of it as he liked and thought the cream wasn't a problem! I'm sorry if I was pouring double cream on my cereal I would expect to get fat!!! Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah and his bowl of cereal was HUGE too. I get some of them, like the one with the olive oil. If she'd never dieted it's probably understandable that she wouldn't have realised how many calories she was adding by putting it in every meal, especially when they promote olive oil as being healthy. But then the ones who have tea then go to work a night shift and order pizzas and stuff, they know they've had an extra meal. X

Yeah and his bowl of cereal was HUGE too. I get some of them, like the one with the olive oil. If she'd never dieted it's probably understandable that she wouldn't have realised how many calories she was adding by putting it in every meal, especially when they promote olive oil as being healthy. But then the ones who have tea then go to work a night shift and order pizzas and stuff, they know they've had an extra meal. X

Yeah I got the olive oil one and there have been a few that haven't realised the 'picking as they cook' was adding so many extra calories.... Because that's easily done I guess but some of them are just ridiculous and the amount of calories some of then eat per day is :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !! I eat a lot but not sure I could eat close to 4,000 calories a day!

News of the day. ... Rebecca is rolling front to back and back to front!! She was so close yesterday but today finally managed it! Now to work on sitting lol xx

News of the day. ... Rebecca is rolling front to back and back to front!! She was so close yesterday but today finally managed it! Now to work on sitting lol xx Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

YAY!! Clever little Rebecca :D The sitting thing isn't so easy, I keep thinking Cole's cracked it then he forgets himself and ends up rolling all over the floor ;) xx

YAY!! Clever little Rebecca :D The sitting thing isn't so easy, I keep thinking Cole's cracked it then he forgets himself and ends up rolling all over the floor ;) xx

Yeah I can see sitting taking some time lol. Shes very straight when she sits with us and will sit happily supported but just topples over when you let go.

Here's my little monkey today

Ah clever girl!! Lovely pic too xx

Aww clever Rebecca :) Éabha just lays there grinning up at ya when she rolls back to tummy... Doesn't even think about going back on to her back... Nappy changing us fun now tho isn't it?!

Cole's the same, still can't be bothered going front to back. Think he just likes it on his tummy ;)

Cole's the same, still can't be bothered going front to back. Think he just likes it on his tummy ;)

She's like a little pigeon when she gets to her tummy. Looking around n having a good old nosey around lol

Well my first week back to group resulted in a 6.5lb loss!!!! I'm over the moon and really inspired to keep going! :D:D:D:D in fact while I was feeding Rebecca at 4am I was laying there thinking what body magic I could do. Today I'm doing housework with extra effort made to be more active... Like going up and down the stairs whenever I can :)

Rebecca is 5 months old today! 5 months!!!! Seriously where did that go?! I love my little girl more than I ever imagined I could love someone

Will try to grab some photos of her when she wakes up from her sleep and post them :)

Xxx

Amazing loss well done that's great motivation for next week you'll be getting a shiny seven!! Xx

Well my first week back to group resulted in a 6.5lb loss!!!! I'm over the moon and really inspired to keep going! :D:D:D:D in fact while I was feeding Rebecca at 4am I was laying there thinking what body magic I could do. Today I'm doing housework with extra effort made to be more active... Like going up and down the stairs whenever I can :) Rebecca is 5 months old today! 5 months!!!! Seriously where did that go?! I love my little girl more than I ever imagined I could love someone Will try to grab some photos of her when she wakes up from her sleep and post them :) Xxx Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Amazing loss, well done!! That's brilliant motivation to keep it up and you'll go over your half stone next week :)
I've started trying to find ways of getting in more exercise. So every time I dry one thing at the kitchen sink I walk across the kitchen to put it away rather than saving them up like I used to do. And I put one item of washing on the line then come back in for the next one and when I'm putting washing away I take Cole's up and do it, then come down for mine then back down for Tom's. Sad but every little helps!!xx

Amazing loss well done that's great motivation for next week you'll be getting a shiny seven!! Xx
Thanks hun! Yep the thought of that first shiney 7 on week 2 is keeping me going this week! :)

Amazing loss, well done!! That's brilliant motivation to keep it up and you'll go over your half stone next week :)
I've started trying to find ways of getting in more exercise. So every time I dry one thing at the kitchen sink I walk across the kitchen to put it away rather than saving them up like I used to do. And I put one item of washing on the line then come back in for the next one and when I'm putting washing away I take Cole's up and do it, then come down for mine then back down for Tom's. Sad but every little helps!!xx

Thanks Sarah! Yeah that's what I'm trying to do rather than save things up and do one trip I'm doing multiple trips... Hopefully might help :)

Well this is my smiley 5 month old!

Last night we tried her on a couple of spoons of baby rice, she's so hungry at the moment I think she's well and truly ready for more than just milk. I'm a bit clueless with weaning I'm only planning on giving baby rice for a couple of weeks.... Do I just do it once a day at her hungriest time or do you increase to more times a day? For those who are weaning already hit me with what you do/did? I'm not brave enough to do baby led weaning fully but going to try and do a mixture of puree and finger foods.... I'm to paranoid about choking to do blw fully.

Oh and my mum weighed Rebecca yesterday she's 13lb 1oz :D

Xxx

Awwww she's lovely looks so happy. Can't help you with the weaning I'm clueless but think you do build it up to more meals then introduce more things, might be wrong though lol! Xx

Hiya!
Re weening, Oliver hated baby rice on it's own. Try it, it doesn't taste good so I added some puréed fruit or veg to it. We basically gave him one meal a day around midday. Did that for a couple of weeks then went to two meals then up to three. However he is only having probably 3 or 4 tablespoons at each 'meal'. I then give him cucumber, tomato crispy thing, melon, pineapple to hold and suck. He gets a bit but not much. More just got him to get used to feeding himself. I made vegetable purées to start with - carrot, bns, sweet potato, swede, normal potato and then mixed combinations. Gave baby porridge to begin with. Then bought fruit purées. I'm now trying some jars so Oliver had chicken and rice the other day and cauliflower cheese today. Hoping we will gradually move to more lumpy foods. Hope it goes well xx

I gave É sunshine orange with her 11am bottle for the first three mornings. Then gave her creamy porridge in place if it. After about a week I started giving her veg pouches (Ella's kitchen)
I'd give the same thing for 3 days n then try something new.
Am now cooking for her instead of pouches tho

Awwww she's lovely looks so happy. Can't help you with the weaning I'm clueless but think you do build it up to more meals then introduce more things, might be wrong though lol! Xx

Aww Thanks hun :) she is a happy baby until she's hungry then she's a screaming monster lol.

Hiya!
Re weening, Oliver hated baby rice on it's own. Try it, it doesn't taste good so I added some puréed fruit or veg to it. We basically gave him one meal a day around midday. Did that for a couple of weeks then went to two meals then up to three. However he is only having probably 3 or 4 tablespoons at each 'meal'. I then give him cucumber, tomato crispy thing, melon, pineapple to hold and suck. He gets a bit but not much. More just got him to get used to feeding himself. I made vegetable purées to start with - carrot, bns, sweet potato, swede, normal potato and then mixed combinations. Gave baby porridge to begin with. Then bought fruit purées. I'm now trying some jars so Oliver had chicken and rice the other day and cauliflower cheese today. Hoping we will gradually move to more lumpy foods. Hope it goes well xx

Aww Thanks hun. Yeah I know baby rice yuck.... the smell of it put me off haha! I made it up with formula as I wasn't sure if I could use breastmilk..I assume I can just gotta be prepared and express some and have it in the fridge rather than freezer I guess. I'll definitely add some veg/fruit puree to it once she's used to having it. She didn't seem to mind it just looked a bit shocked at having something different lol.

Definitely sounds like I have the right thing in mind I just wasn't sure how quickly you move from "trying" to a meal, to 2 then 3 meals, but you've given me an idea so thank you :) xx

I gave É sunshine orange with her 11am bottle for the first three mornings. Then gave her creamy porridge in place if it. After about a week I started giving her veg pouches (Ella's kitchen)
I'd give the same thing for 3 days n then try something new.
Am now cooking for her instead of pouches tho

Thanks hun giving it for 3 days sounds like a good idea for getting them used to certain flavours. I'm hoping to cook for Rebecca but my sister used those ellas kitchen pouches and Libbie loved them so will have a few on standby!

Thanks girls :) xx

I had intended to never give pouches r jars... But oh n recommended giving her them here n there so that she is she'd to them n on a day out r last minute I have something to fall back on. Makes sense!!
And as there's nothing added, they're great :)

I had intended to never give pouches r jars... But oh n recommended giving her them here n there so that she is she'd to them n on a day out r last minute I have something to fall back on. Makes sense!!
And as there's nothing added, they're great :)

That's a very good idea.... I'm definitely going to give her some jars etc so they are there should we need them when out and about. Xx

Back