kind of adipose

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Sam, 25 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Sam

Sam Banned

I know that it is unhealthy to be overweight. You might be to fat for example on your belly or on your thighs. I have heard that it is very harmful to have too much fat on your belly. Do you know if this is really true? I used to think that there is no difference in the location of fat. I thought that it is always harmful.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, it seems that waist size is more important than BMI. Not just hearsay.

A woman should have 34" or under, and a man 37" or 38" (can't remember exactly:eek:)

Also the waist hip ratio should be under .8. Loads of waist/ratio calculators on the web for you to play with :)

Regardless of your BMI it seems that the size of your waist is a stronger indicator for whether you increase your chances of Diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
  4. Delli

Delli Talks too much

i think theres also a link between having extra weight around ur waist and the strain on ur internal organs. am no expert so i couldnt say for definite, but sounds sensible enough.
  5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, and you can have inner fat. You may look very slim and healthy, yet still be at risk. There is a scanner that measure inner fat. Quite fascinating:cool:
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.