kind of Newbie

Jacq81

Hi all have used the site a few times when looking up recipe ideas and have finally registered.
After the birth of my son last feb weighing 238 (my heaviest :( ) i started working hard to get the weight, dabbled in ww but mainly at home going it alone could never get below the 210 before :break_diet: slowly the lb creeped back on.
Joined Slimming World 5th Jan but didn't actually start the diet until the 19th:( (i was studying for exams and should have really waited as i had no intentions of starting)
Since then my weight loss has been
26/1 -6lb:D
2/2 +1lb???:mad:
9/2 - 3.5lb:D
16/2 - 3.5lb:eek:
23/2 maintained?? wtf! :sigh::cry:

still on plan although i've hurt my knee and haven't done any body magic this week.
Seem to be putting on and or staying the same when not expecting it, very dishearting:cry: BUT i'm still on plan and sticking to it as birthdays and holidays coming up it's time to shift those lb
loving the forum great encouragement and more importantly great recipes ;)

Hi Jacq,
Welcome,sounds like you've had a bit of a time of it lately. Just wanted to say don't get disheartened with it, try and look at your overall loss-nearly a stone in a month is fantastic! I have had a few dodgy weeks lately and just try and focus on an average loss. I told myself right from the start my goal was 1-1/2 lbs a week at worst that's 3st 10lb loss in a year! So anything above that is a bonus and some weeks I lose 3lbs then nothing the week after so that's fine it's my 1 1/2lb target hit. So stick with it and focus on where you've come from rather than where you're heading and stick to it and you'll soon be where you want to be.

aw thanks becs, my aim is 2lb a week and overall i'm smashing that:eek: but it's always the weeks you wanna beat people outta the way to get to the scales you don't see it.
Was doing great this week too and bought belvita biscuits thinking they were 3 syns for one of the pack OOps how wrong i was 3 syns a biccie :eek: oh well didn't go over my syns even at that!
thank you again for the fabulous encouragement

Back