Kira's Diary (Re-start Day 5)

Hey! Ladies hope today is good day for you. I'm feeling good and on day 12! Going to chill at home and potter around for the morning and watch bits of the Royal Wedding. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but can't wait to see the dress! They just look so in love..... ok I am real real softy!
Day 12 Gosh! Still sticking to my "running" routine of every other day and seem to be managing ok. Though I admit I do have to go to bed early as I am so tired!

Good luck, I'll be working (but work at home so no problem) and hoping to get a sneaky look at wedding, sadly OH is NOT impressed with it so... we'll see!

xxx

Reached Day 13 though had an extra pack yesterday but happy with that choice as it was better than turning to food which may have led to a binge. Think I needed it because of the "running" only managed just over a mile and walked back briskly. At least I got some form of exercise and it is the habit of exercising in some shape or form I want to include going forward.

Have a BBQ event tomorrow so will need to either use tactics to avoid eating such as filling a plate of food and holding in and feeding it surreptiously to my husband or the kids! Have slightly lost my routine of shakes at 12, 6 and 8- 8.30 so want to try and get back into that as it really helped.

Yay for day 13, so proud of you Kira! I think the 4th pack is needed at times as you are doing a lot of exercise for SS - an extra pack will NOT affect your losses and may help you to keep going, as your body does need extra nutrients/ energy if you are running. If that pack keeps you on the straight & narrow then well worth it.

Good luck at barbie, sneaky trick with the plate, I like it!

xxx

Well I've reached day 14 and today will be a real test at the BBQ! The sun is shining I can do this! Mentally I feel I need to prepare for this social event to avoid (a) having to explain what diet and why (b) the sabotaging which will occur, go on just a bit, it's so and so's part go on etc So I have the full plate trick but if I decided if I have to avoid suspicion I will nibble piece of salad or chicken. I know I now have the resolve to stop and not continue eating. I simply have no desire to sabotage myself and kick myself out of ketosis but I think my best armour for myself would be to be mentally prepared for any scenario.

I feel slightly deceitful but then again I am doing this for me and quite frankly it is no one's business what I do or don't eat. Though people seem to think it is their business when other choose not to eat?!! Mad!

Day 15 loss this week 2 pounds. Tad disappointed but I did have an extra shake yesterday because of the running. I think the running may have slowed loss down although I am just comparing the loss to the two previous successful times I lost on CD. But hey! I am in control, and I have lost 2 pounds! So as long as I maintain the control of what I choose to eat - in this case CD meals, and I lose weight and keep trying to "run" I am happy! So here's back to a more "routine" day I hope! Two weeks down and 10 weeks to go!

Don't let it dent your resolve Kira... 2lbs is great, especially after an amazing 8.5 last week. Keep going... bet you get a whoosh next week!

xxx

Been hectic over past couple of days being back at work but sticking to it. However, I am having to have 4 packs as I am really struggling in the evening and feel very tempted to have food. The initial ketosis high seems to have gone. I have to get a grip! This is now harder than before.

Still finding evening difficult. Trying to stick to having packs at 12, 6 and 8 but it is the gap between 6 and 8 I am finding very difficult. I so just want to eat and cave in. It is very difficult having that empty/hungry feeling sickly and weak feeling. Where has that ketosis high disappeared to! Must keep myself very busy!

Hang on in there Kira. Stay busy... or have a pamper evening with bubble bath and a book...

Sending a hug.

xxx

I'm a restarter too!
You are doing so well! I have my soups at 10, 2pm and 7pm, I find this works best for me. Have you tried having yours at different times?

Hey, Funky M I've been hanging in there and think I'm back into the zone? Or it could be because it was the weekend and I find it easier no work stress?

Lost count which day I am 20 or 21. Had to have a salad yesterday as I was away for the day and forgot my CD packs! However, I'm not letting that be a "oh! I've not stuck to SS 100% and therfore I may as well binge because I haven't been perfect moment!" That is exactly what I've done in the past!

Very constipated! Took Dulcolax last night, do hope it kicks in today! Week 3 weigh in tomorrow morning, agreed with CDC I would use my morning weigh in's as official weigh in simply because it is more accurate. By the time I go to get weighed by her after work I've gained at least 2lbs because of all the water I drink through the day!

Been sticking to running and feel good I've got into a routine for that. Ran just short of 2 miles the other day and hoping to go furher today.

I think you are brilliant Kira for sticking to CD so well and running on top of that - hope you get a great loss at WI and all the incentive you need to keep on going! Happy Sunday & go, go, go!!!

xxx

Had a couple of blips due to being unwell. I just couldn't keep up doing SS only. I'm trying to get back into SS and have had a bar already which is not quite in the routine I had going of 12, 6 and 8pm. Fortunately blips haven't turned into binges but I am conscious I am on a knife's edge so need to be careful. Hoping to get through a successful SS day today.

Kira,

You've done so well, stop beating yourself up!!! It's not an easy plan to stick with in many ways. Have u tried SS+? I personally couldn't do SS. Tried it and felt just awful. I find the 4th shake/meal breaks the day up better and easier to sustain. The weight loss difference is negligible. I did it for 10 weeks 3 years ago and lost 3 1/2 stone. Am on it again now (on day 2) I think Ur too hard on yourself x

Chick, I agree with Jaxie. Your BMI is not high, you exercise lots... your losses may actually be better on 810. Stay strong and don't panic... 810 is not a copout, it's still CD, 100%, and perhaps a better fit for your lifestyle.

Sending a hug.

xxx

Hi Jaxi, Katy yes think I am going to try the 810. I don't want to give up the running or should I say trying to run. Whilst some days I have to force myself to run I do enjoy it once I am out and feel so much better having exercised. Also because I am trying to do CD in order to change my mental mindset and lifestyle I feel I can't jeopardize the running so your suggestion to do SS+ or 810 make sense. Will let you know how I get on. things hectic with home and work so unable to get on minimins as much as I'd like. Also think it makes a difference not being able to drop in on MMs and makes it more difficult to stick to plan.

Away traveling for work kira but really sympathize... keep posting if you can, it really does help. Hang on in there!

xxx

Ok been a couple of week since last entry. Have been really unwell but I have come out of the other side. Gained 1 to 2 pounds but ok with that. Tried SS+ but was too unwell to stick to it. Re-started SS today after eating a little more carefully last week. So behind schedule again but not ready to give up Cambridge weight loss plan just yet!

Hope you are OK Kira... sorry I've been awol, working away and then on hols. Hope all is well & you are on the mend hun.

xxx

Back