Kirsty's Atkins Diary

That's good news Kirsty, my local is having a "Fright Night" tonight, LOL, all the girls are coming as goths I'm told. I don't really need to change, I'm frightening anyway. LMAO

Happy Friday!!!

You've had a cracking week Kirsty :)

I weigh in first thing on a Wednesday morning - purely because I happened to start the Atkins plan on a Wednesday. I intend to get myself under 12 stone (for the first time all year :(), then up the carbs a bit. Maybe have 30g a day instead of the 20? I'll play it by ear....

Loving this plan though. Especially the full fat cheese and full fat mayonnaise. YUM :D

Caz, you should up it by 5 carbs a day initially love.

That's good news Kirsty, my local is having a "Fright Night" tonight, LOL, all the girls are coming as goths I'm told. I don't really need to change, I'm frightening anyway. LMAO

Ooh a fright night! Jim that sounds like a great idea! Me and my pal sarah love any excuse to throw a "do", get all the decorations and dressing up etc. lol we missed the fright night idea tho, that would have been great! Hope you have a good night and I'm sure you're not that scary! lol

Oh I don't know Kirsty, look at the face
Photo-0050.jpg

Happy Friday!!!

You've had a cracking week Kirsty :)

I weigh in first thing on a Wednesday morning - purely because I happened to start the Atkins plan on a Wednesday. I intend to get myself under 12 stone (for the first time all year :(), then up the carbs a bit. Maybe have 30g a day instead of the 20? I'll play it by ear....

Loving this plan though. Especially the full fat cheese and full fat mayonnaise. YUM :D

And happy Friday "the 13th" to you lol.

I'm sorry have no idea on how many carbs u should change to as I'm still on induction and not eating carbs (oh did I mention that that's been 6 WEEKS now :D:Dlol only joking I'm just really proud of myself :rolleyes:). But that's the great thing about this forum is that you can get great advice esp. Jim is great for advice.

I know how you feel with the mayo and cheese. I've been having the light helmanns mayo up until last week when I realised there is less carbs in the full fat mayo so my tuna and chicken salads have been especially tasteful this week! lol xx

Pretty much anything "lite" has more carbs that the full fat.

LOL @ Jim you are more frightening than butterfly LOL.. I like the hat thought, were you going for the western look..

Kristy you are on a roll.. losing weight and everything is working out for you.. You have a right to celebrate a little..

caz jim's right when I went up in carbs I started off with only a 5g carb increase..

I always wear that hat More. :) Have done for years.

Caz that's a good way to do, is play it by ear. You'll find a level of carbs where you won't loss or gain anymore weight.. :)

So jim you like cowboys... but seriously I like the hat very nice.. the pub looks nice too :)

Hey all! Well I celebrated my way through last night. went to sarahs and shared a bottle of martini asti, 2 bottles of rose and some cheap champagne. Was pretty drunk and it did hit me fast. I didn't have time for a dinner so got some chicken bite things from tesco and some cheese strings. Probs not a healthy dinner but was all I had time for.

Will be having a night in with david tonite, snuggle up and wath the x factor and maybe get a couple dvds. Will be hard to resist some munchies though but will definately not be drinking tonight. Resisted muchies last nite, sarah had a packet of they bacon rasher crisps and asked if I wanted one. I said "no, but can I smell the packet?" lol they smelt so good but I didn't even have one little one, how good am I? lol

Hey kristy and a nite in watching Tv sounds good. :D The weather here is rainy and grey, not what I'm used to coming from s. florida miami where it's summer or spring all year long..

Good for you to resist. See that shows you that you can do it.. When you are on atkins and low carb and have drinkds beer wine and etc.. it hits you quicker and harder.. :p but at least you enjoyed yourself and that's what counts..

How good are you, Kirsty? Very good!

Well done. And do watch the booze because when low carbing most alcohol - spirits, especially - tend to hit like a sledgehammer.

Fun, though!

Well had a 2 hour session at the gym this morning! Have started doing resistance training now on the weight machines to start to tone up my body as well as doing cardio. Altogether I done 20mins on bike, 15mins walk, 15mins on tread mill. 9 sets 20 sit ups. 10 minutes on the arm machine thing. Also done various sets of 3 on the other weight machines to tone my arms and chest.

Had a really bad diet day yesterday. last nite we got a take away for dinner. I had a chicken tikka kebab without the pitta bread but david had a munchie box and ended up eating some of his chips, 3 veg pakoras and 2 chicken pakoras so had to go to they gym today to burn it all off!

Oh and also had some ice cream! I hope it doesn't affect my weight loss. Am going to be really good today and monday to make up for it.

Just put the slip behind you and get back down to work. This way of eating is surprisingly forgiving so long as you don't overdo the carbs every day.

I think of it like this - one bad day equals one more day of strict dieting. Just one more day added to your total dieting time.
A slip (or two) does not equal a binge. A binge day does not equal a binge weekend.

Returning to ketosis is very comforting. It seems to equal safety.

Thanks girlygirl1 I am most definately putting it behind me and am looking ahead now. Will be going to the gym tomorrow after work and hopefully my 2 hour long session today has cancelled out some of the badness! lol.

Well that's me done all my ironing and am ready for a new week starting tomorrow. WEEK 7 OF ATKINS!! Also went to tesco with david and stocked up on chicken, pork, tuna, eggs, brocolli, cauliflower, peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheese and bought some babybells and pepperamis just in case I need a snack. I find coming in from work now I'm so hungry and then have to go out to the gym straight away, so if I have a wee snack (a bit of cheese or something) it helps until I finally get my dinner. Going to also start writing up everything I am eating again as I've not been keeping track for the past couple of weeks so am going to start that tomorrow as well. Week 7 tomorrow! I can't beleive I've gone this long!

Isn't this just the greatest 'diet'? Look again at the foods you listed! Wow.

Morning all,

what a weekend, all that rain and the wind was unbelievable, blowing us all over the place.

You're doing really well Kirsty.

Back