Kirsty's Atkins Diary

3lbs heavier after a 2 week binge! lol. This will be off nae bother! lol

At least it was only 3 lbs :)

well done you really really proud of you

xx

You'll hack it Kirsty, well done love.

Thank you all! You are all soo nice to me! he he.

I am in such a pickle just now (not diet wise for once). At work am in a temp post for maternity cover and the new permanent post has been authorised so have been asked if I want to go for the interview. Originally I said yes because can't miss out on the opportunity, but now I am so scared about the interview. It is me and one other person getting interviewed and it is my managers who are interviewing me, but they are lovely. I'm just really scared. I will prob make a prat of myself because I am so bad at interviews, plus I am wanting to go to college next year and the position I am in is perfect for that....

It's amazing how many people get jobs from temp posts Kirsty, we have a few here. The point is they must think you're OK to have asked you love.

I agree with Laura. You'll do fine and think positive :)

Ahh Kirst!! You are awesome - and you will be absoultely fine. Just don't think about it until you get in there! :) xxx

Went for a swim today, which was good. Done about 70 laps of the pool (I wonder how many calories that is). It really gave me a chance to think and calm myself down a bit about this interview as I've been really worked up about it. I have decided to go for it, just hope I don't mess up the interview! Thanks Laura, I will treat it as any normal interview and definately keep it formal.

Diet wise, been fine today so far. Going to have some chicken and veg for dinner.

25m swimming pool x 70 laps = 1750 meters???

Reactions: Jim
70 laps of the pool? Lassie, ye want a medal!

Well done.

And very good luck for that interview x

70m laps wow kritsty that's a lot. you've burned off a lot of calories.. you are the woman :worthy:

have a merry christmas a brilliant new year x x

Hi Hun

Not been on all week well done for getting back on track rpoud of you. Good luck for that interview when is it?

xx

Hullawrer Kirsty!

Just wondering where you are and hoping all is well.

This time of year is hard on any diet plan so if you have over-indulged just put it behind you and carry on as before. That's what I do. And if you by any chance dread the scales, well, don't get on them! No law saying you have to...

Hope you're okay hun. We miss you!

yes, report in Kirsty!!

where have you gone Mrs? Hope we havn't lost you?

xx

Hey all! I'm back! lol

So sorry I haven't been on here, have had such a time of it the past 3 weeks! Basically Christmas and New Year were cancelled. My older brother who is 24 had to go into hospital the Monday before Christmas as he was really unwell, he had swelling of the brain, they couldn't get any blood from him as his vains had collapsed, his kidneys weren't working properly and he had liver damage, he had a rash all over him and hadn't eaten in 2 weeks so lost lots of weight. The docotrs just kept saying he's really not well, he got moved to the High Dependancy Unit. We were told to prepare for a call during the night and at that point everything was touch and go. It was so horrible I just cried constantly for 5 days, then on Christmas Eve we found out it was meninjitis as you can imagine we didn't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing as it can affect people differently. So Christmas day was horrible, we went to see him in hospital and by this point he was still in High Dependancy, he was on a heart monitor, getting blood and on drips and oxygen we had to put masks and overalls on to go in to see him, it was all very traumatic. He was just lying there not really with it with his christmas hat on. The doctors still couldn't tell us if he was going to make a full recovery or not. He wasn't really talking but said a few things about Doctor Who and back to the future which didn't really make sense.

He is now in a general ward and is improving medically. His blood count is now normal and slowly eating again. He's also got his sense of humour back and is having a laugh with the nurses which is really good to see. The doctor's are still a bit puzzled as they can't determine what type of meninjitis it is so they are still doing different tests and there is a top medical professor looking into it as they haven't had anything like this before. We have been told it is going to take months for him to get better, but he is slowly improving and is really good to see as at 1 point we didn't know if he was going to pull through.

Sorry, I'm babbling on again lol. That was probably a bit more info than needed but has kind of helped me clear my head a bit. Well the diet has gone to pot and me and David were kinda living on take aways for 2 weeks with going to and from the hospital. I weighed myself yesterday and have put on 2lbs, so am now 14stone 11lbs and can see it on me, really need to start getting back into shape! lol

oh bless you!! what an awful time for you all. Glad to hear he is doing better now fingers crossed he will just keep improving and maybe you can have christmas when he comes home.

2lb you lucky git I did more damage than that in 5 days!!!! Pleased you are back hun

Lots of love to you and your family

xxxx

Ah Kirst, I'm so so sorry to hear about your brother. Lots of hugs to you and your family xxxx

I hope you're feeling slightly better now - i really wouldn't worry about putting a couple of lbs on hun, some things in life are far far more important :hug99: xx

Back