Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Your definitely allowed pizza in labour :D hope things are going well hun xxx

Thanks girls :)
Well I got some sleep last night but was woken up at 3am :( (after going to bed at midnight) with strong contractions.
They've been on and off ever since and this morning they started getting stronger and they are lasting longer.
However they are still a good 10 mins apart and there's no real pattern.
Waters haven't gone yet either....
Hubby needed to do some work and I wanted to get out of the house so he's brought me to his parents house with the dogs so I can sit and chat with his mum whilst he and his dad go to the office.
We didn't tell mum in law me and the dogs were coming so she was very happy to see us and the bump :)
MIL has now popped out to the bakers and she asked if I want a cake. Well of course I've said yes lol.
I've already been told to sit and have a cuppa and biscuits so I did lol.
Be nice to spend a few hours with MIL :)

I now have 7 days until my due date, I think this is going to be a slow labour but I'm still hoping baby will be here by due date :)
X

OMG I've just had a salted caramel HiFi bar- wow!
Still at MIL's and she's a SW member so she offered me one with our cuppa, yum yum yum!
She's going to buy me a pkt when she next goes to group :)

Hope you're quiet because you're pushing baby B out as I type ;) x

Afraid not girls :(
Contractions are coming and going, they did stop for a few hours actually.
I think I'm being teased and I'm not actually in labour... I somehow feel I'm gonna make it to my due date but we'll see.
I'm gonna try everything I can tho to get this baby out soon- walking, pineapple, bouncing on the mattress... I can't eat spicy food as I end up really ill.... Although I'll see how desperate I get on that one!

I've had a lovely day tho and tomorrow we don't have much planned....
Will keep you posted if anything changes xx

They are gorgeous aren't they. I struggle to stop at one though! How you doing?

Delicious! Totally worth 6 Syns, they remind me of a flapjack :)

Good luck!!! :-D x

Good luck!!! :-D x

Aww just read your update! You never know though, just try and relax as much as possible.
The hi fi bars are amazing aren't they x

Aww just read your update! You never know though, just try and relax as much as possible.
The hi fi bars are amazing aren't they x
Thanks I'm doing as little as possible today :)
They are delicious, I could totally binge on them!!!
SW got it right, replacing the choc bliss with the salted caramel :)
I can't wait to get back to group- I can imagine the first night I'll spend a fortune buying HiFi bars (I've always loved the choc orange ones as well), magazine and I want the new Fakeaway book :)
Come on baby B- mummy wants to get back to SW lol x

39+1

6 days until DD... Contractions are back this morning after vanishing last night. At least I got some sleep tho!
I will be on a mission from tomorrow- I'm gonna take a short walk to Tesco each day (it's like 5 mins) plus buy a constant supply of fresh pineapple and keep bouncing on the mattress too!
Think I'll get a new book as well, to keep me going this week!
It's a waiting game now...

Thanks I'm doing as little as possible today :)
They are delicious, I could totally binge on them!!!
SW got it right, replacing the choc bliss with the salted caramel :)
I can't wait to get back to group- I can imagine the first night I'll spend a fortune buying HiFi bars (I've always loved the choc orange ones as well), magazine and I want the new Fakeaway book :)
Come on baby B- mummy wants to get back to SW lol x

I used to love the lemon ones and was horrified when they stopped them - the choc orange ones and rocky road ones are lovely too :p I want to join group just so I can have hi fi bars at the mo my friend who is a consultant sends them to me x

Hi Hun not long now baby will soon be here just stay positive I know its hard especially when your having contractions but it's all worth it! when I was having mine I got my hands and knees and kind of hugged my ball that helped and lots of nice warm baths .

By the way I see you've mentioned about your waters a few times just to let you know mine didn't go til I was properly in labour probably about half an hour before ruby was born lol so don't worry about them not going yet that doesn't necessarily mean that baby won't come soon.

If you like the hifi bars I would definitely recommend the chocolate and caramel ones and rocky roads they're only 3 syns too if your not using them as a hex

Xxx

Hi Hun not long now baby will soon be here just stay positive I know its hard especially when your having contractions but it's all worth it! when I was having mine I got my hands and knees and kind of hugged my ball that helped and lots of nice warm baths . By the way I see you've mentioned about your waters a few times just to let you know mine didn't go til I was properly in labour probably about half an hour before ruby was born lol so don't worry about them not going yet that doesn't necessarily mean that baby won't come soon. If you like the hifi bars I would definitely recommend the chocolate and caramel ones and rocky roads they're only 3 syns too if your not using them as a hex Xxx
Hi!
Yeh I've been having warm baths every day and going for a walk with hubby and dogs to keep myself active.
Yeh I've heard all sorts of stories of when ladies waters go, at all various stages.
I suppose I'm hoping mine will go before anything else then I know baby is going to be here pretty sharpish!
These contractions have been teasing me for the last few days grr!

Yeh I've had all the flavours of HiFi bars, the lights are good but I prefer the chocolate orange ones, I always used to buy all my consultant's stock of them every week as I was known for having one as a B choice and using 12 syns on 2 more!!
Then I was a consultant for a little while so I used to buy all my stock of choc orange!!!
Do like the new salted caramel ones mmm! X

I used to love the lemon ones and was horrified when they stopped them - the choc orange ones and rocky road ones are lovely too :p I want to join group just so I can have hi fi bars at the mo my friend who is a consultant sends them to me x
I started SW just after they stopped the lemon ones so I was gutted I never got to try them as I love anything lemon flavoured!!
MIL is my supplier of HiFi bars for now :)
It's good as I used to supply her with bars when I was a consultant :) x

I'm so exhausted!
Been keeping myself busy all day- made lunches for hubby for work, did the laundry, cooked dinner, walked the dogs and didn't have a nap!
Hoping all the activity helps with mission baby B!
Going to have a bath now and then bed I think, should sleep well tonight! X

Awww bless you!! For what it's worth hun, I think you're doing absolutely brilliantly!!!! You're coping really well so far. The first bit is tough because you don't necessarily feel like something is happening. That's what I struggled with! My contractions for 2 days were the same in intensity, length, frequency etc and I just knew nothing was progressing. But because you're contracting etc, it's obviously tiring for your body because it's still working hard! It can be very frustrating! You're doing so well :)

xxxxx

Awww bless you!! For what it's worth hun, I think you're doing absolutely brilliantly!!!! You're coping really well so far. The first bit is tough because you don't necessarily feel like something is happening. That's what I struggled with! My contractions for 2 days were the same in intensity, length, frequency etc and I just knew nothing was progressing. But because you're contracting etc, it's obviously tiring for your body because it's still working hard! It can be very frustrating! You're doing so well :)

xxxxx
I think I'll be tearing my hair out by the weekend, if baby hasn't arrived! X

39+2

5 days until DD, slept really well last night and feel really refreshed as I only had one toilet trip and went straight back to sleep afterwards, which never normally happens!
Going for a walk soon, just to Tesco, to get a few bits I need for dinner...
I'm still without a car (flat battery) so it's quite odd knowing I can't go too far- I need a post office but my local one (which is next to Tesco) is having a refurb so my nearest one is quite a walk away!
Wouldn't be a problem if I had use of a car but it's too far for me to be walking, in my condition.
I struggle with walking to Tesco and back!!
We've decided not to worry about getting it sorted just now as it's money we don't have and we have hubby's car for the trip to the hospital.
I've had a few niggles this morning but contractions seemed to have stopped altogether now :(
And I'm now getting people text and call, asking if baby's on the way yet... I can tell I'll be getting annoyed by that bythe end of the week!!! X

Ah dear I'm trying to avoid telling people my due date do I can avoid the has it started yet lol

Back