Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Love your motivation. Well done Hun x

Thanks I'm really impressed with myself for sticking to it, had so many moments where I could have fallen off the wagon... X

2nd day on plan almost over and I still have 13.5 syns to use! :D
This is why I love SW :)
Now to decide between a HiFi salted caramel or chocolate orange to go with my bag of Quavers... Or maybe some choc... Decisions decisions...

Oooh what did you decide on? x

I'm feeling so refreshed today!
Went to bed at 10:30 whilst hubby was feeding Oliver and said little man slept through until 4:45!!!
So I had a good 6 hours sleep :D
And once fed and settled I got another couple of hours before he woke at 9 for milk, we then come downstairs so I could have breakfast and he quite happily sat in his chair watching me :)
He fell asleep just before 12 and is still there now, should be awake soon for more milk.
Tonight me and hubby are going out whilst my parents watch Oliver.
We're going to hubby's cousins 18th birthday disco, I've decided I'm going to eat dinner before we go as it'll be buffet food and I really don't want to eat that sort of food anymore!
Keeping hold of my Syns just in case tho and taking a HiFi bar with me :)

So here goes day 3:

Green

HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk

HEXB 1: 27g sachet Quaker multigrain oats
HEXB 2: HiFi salted caramel :drool:

B: part A, B1 and 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns)

L: jacket potato, chickpea dahl, roasted veg (cherry toms, peppers, red onions, celery and carrots)

D: savoury rice, muller light skinny cappuccino, grapes, B2

Syns:

1tsp Nutella (1.5)

One plate of buffet food (cheese and tom sandwich, cheese and onion roll, veg spring roll, handful of Pringles, 2 mini cupcakes)

No idea on Syns but nowhere near as bad as it could have been, if I hadn't had dinner before I went!

Last edited:
I'm feeling so refreshed today! Went to bed at 10:30 whilst hubby was feeding Oliver and said little man slept through until 4:45!!! So I had a good 6 hours sleep :D And once fed and settled I got another couple of hours before he woke at 9 for milk, we then come downstairs so I could have breakfast and he quite happily sat in his chair watching me :) He fell asleep just before 12 and is still there now, should be awake soon for more milk. Tonight me and hubby are going out whilst my parents watch Oliver. We're going to hubby's cousins 18th birthday disco, I've decided I'm going to eat dinner before we go as it'll be buffet food and I really don't want to eat that sort of food anymore! Keeping hold of my Syns just in case tho and taking a HiFi bar with me :) So here goes day 3: Green HEXA: 350ml skimmed milk HEXB 1: 27g sachet Quaker multigrain oats HEXB 2: HiFi salted caramel :drool: B: part A, B1 and 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns) L: jacket potato, chickpea dahl, roasted veg (cherry toms, peppers, red onions, celery and carrots) D: savoury rice Syns: 1tsp Nutella (1.5)

Lovely post to read. Glad you're feeling good. Great plan with food and going out tonight. Hope you have a lovely time and Oliver is good for your parents xx

Lovely post to read. Glad you're feeling good. Great plan with food and going out tonight. Hope you have a lovely time and Oliver is good for your parents xx

I feel great today!
Yeh I'm really enjoying being back on plan, I feel better for it too!
I've just devoted a bowl of savoury rice, now going to have some grapes, a muller light and my HiFi bar before getting ready!
Thanks I hope so too!
It will be weird being with my hubby but not Oliver! X

I didn't stick to plan as such tonight, but I did only have one plate of buffet food so nowhere near as bad as it could have been and I stuck to Sprite zero for drinks :) go me!
Tomorrow we are going to the Colchester food and drink festival- we go every year and always have a fab time :)
It means I'll be off plan, but I'm going to try to stick to plan for breakfast and dinner so it won't be too bad.

First night away from Oliver went well, he was very well behaved for my mum and she loved it :)
Off to bed now x

I didn't stick to plan as such tonight, but I did only have one plate of buffet food so nowhere near as bad as it could have been and I stuck to Sprite zero for drinks :) go me! Tomorrow we are going to the Colchester food and drink festival- we go every year and always have a fab time :) It means I'll be off plan, but I'm going to try to stick to plan for breakfast and dinner so it won't be too bad. First night away from Oliver went well, he was very well behaved for my mum and she loved it :) Off to bed now x

Excellent all round x

I'm totally determined to do this :)
I sat in group yesterday getting so inspired, esp as there was several other new mummies in there- one had lost 2st something in 24 weeks and her girl must have only been 7-8 months old!
I was reading through it last night and I've already started planning which ones I want to make :) x
Oh that's great news!!! I got back on track after a day off plan when after home from hospital then got right back in sw. It was easy but I promised myself from been pregnant that I would!! Its amazing thinking of what we can lose now! X

Oliver finally settled after his evening milk at 10 (bed at 11) and he slept right through until 4 this morning!!
More milk and he was back asleep by 5. Awake again at 7 for more milk and back asleep by 8.
He's currently still asleep.
Got a friend coming round at 11:30 so he should be awake and feeding by then!
Got to pop out for a few bits this afternoon and that's about it.

Going for a Green day today- mainly so I can have a salted caramel HiFi as a B choice and then use my Syns on another!!
Plus, when planning today's food, I noticed the only I was going to have was chicken so I figured I'll get some Quorn chicken instead!
I used to be a vegetarian so I like all the Quorn stuff.
I also had a sneak peek at the scales this morning (hard habit to break lol) and they say 13st 2lbs which is 2.5lbs down from yesterday woop!

So day 2 of SW here we go:

Green

HEXA 1: 350ml skimmed milk
HEXA 2: 65g reduced fat mozzarella

HEXB 2: HiFi salted caramel

B: part HEXA 1 with HEXB 1, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), Muller light skinny cappuccino

L: savoury rice, carrots, grapes, Muller light skinny cappuccino and HEXB 2

D: pizza chicken- Quorn chicken fillets, HEXA 2, tom purée, peppers, red onions, served with SW chips and roasted veg

Syns:
1tsp Nutella (1.5)
Quavers 16.4g bag (4.5)
HiFi choc orange (6)

Total: 12 :D

Meal sounds fab. I'm another salted caramel lover too!! Ohh there so good! I really like the peanut ones too... Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

*Rant alert*

My hubby is a patronising git :(
I woke him at 7 to do Oliver's feed and we had a row about the lack of sleep he's getting and the fact that he has to work!!
Not going to go into detail but as soon as I started crying he started apologising and being all nice!
He's a twat!
I still love him of course but I wanted to kill him, he thinks being a mum is easy!
Grr!
*end of rant*

Oh that's great news!!! I got back on track after a day off plan when after home from hospital then got right back in sw. It was easy but I promised myself from been pregnant that I would!! Its amazing thinking of what we can lose now! X

Meal sounds fab. I'm another salted caramel lover too!! Ohh there so good! I really like the peanut ones too... Xx Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I've found it surprisingly easy being back on plan, so easy it made me wonder y I hadn't done it sooner!!
I needed the group to reignite the spark :)

They are so good!!
I just keep thinking I could have a green or red day- have 2 of them as B choices and then have 2 more for 12 syns :D
A very good day!

I love the choc orange ones- they work very well as by choc fix for the day :) x

*Rant alert* My hubby is a patronising git :( I woke him at 7 to do Oliver's feed and we had a row about the lack of sleep he's getting and the fact that he has to work!! Not going to go into detail but as soon as I started crying he started apologising and being all nice! He's a twat! I still love him of course but I wanted to kill him, he thinks being a mum is easy! Grr! *end of rant*

Oh Hun it's tough isn't it.

Paul had a rest day yesterday because he is tired. Right when do I get my rest day?!

X

Food festival today yay!!!
So excited, esp as this will be Oliver's first one :)
We've been going every year since we got together and it's a lovely day out.
It's where we found the cake company for our wedding and they still have a stall there very year so we always go say hello, buy a cupcake (so yummy!) and this year we can introduce them to Oliver :D
We walk there so we can both indulge in the beer/cider tent too :D
As per our tradition, we're having a BBQ when we get home, so a lovely family day out as long as hubby doesn't upset me anymore (see previous post)!!
Planning a red day for before and after and not going to deny myself anything but going to try not to go too mad!

Red

HEXA 1: 350ml skimmed milk
HEXA 2: 40g reduced fat cheddar

HEXB 2: 1 slice wholemeal bread (800g loaf)

B: A1 + B1, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 syns)

'Brunch': B2, bacon, 1tsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)

D: BBQ (homemade burgers, chicken and pepper kebabs, salad, A2, maybe use some syns on a wholemeal roll?)

Oh Hun it's tough isn't it. Paul had a rest day yesterday because he is tired. Right when do I get my rest day?! X
That's pretty much what I said and he answered 'but you don't have to go to work' well no but isn't being a mum a job??!!
Still a bit pissed off with him but I'll let it pass- I don't want to spoil our Sunday together x

That's pretty much what I said and he answered 'but you don't have to go to work' well no but isn't being a mum a job??!! Still a bit pissed off with him but I'll let it pass- I don't want to spoil our Sunday together x

Let me tell you I work as a teacher and working is by far easier than looking after Stevie all day!!
As soon as I get home I take Stevie off my mother and I was still doing feeds in the night etc...

I've had a similar situation with my hubby today. We take it in turns to have a sleep in on weekends.
He slept in yesterday, I did have to ask him at 12noon to swap the car seat for me, then I took Stevie out till 4pm.
He slept, relaxed, watched tv and played computers in bed!!

This morning he got up without complaint, and it was 5:30, but at 7:30 he friend to give Stevie a nap and put him in his cot, then got back in bed!! 40 mins of Stevie being unsettled and I said 'do you want me to get up?' And he sighed and got out of bed muttering.
I've just laid here since. Feel my hubby needs to take responsibility but I don't want Stevie to miss out!! I can't hear tears (Stevie's or hubby's) so I'm staying put!! Lolxx

What a lovely day :)
We went to the food festival and had a great time- Oliver was a good boy and it was great to spend some time with hubby :)
As I knew it would be, food was off plan but not overly bad- had Gryos, Churros and chilli.
Washed down with 3 pints of Aspall!!
I love the stuff, it's my fave cider ever!
Stuck to plan before and after tho so I'm happy with that.
Walked there and back so am knackered now!
Will check the scales in the morning to get an idea of where I am- will prob go back to EE for the next few days, low syns and lots of super free as well.
It's my first week so I really want a decent loss!
Tomorrow we are going to the clinic to get him weighed- he was last weighed on 9th June (3 weeks ago) and he was 9lbs 14oz so be interesting to see what he weighs now!
Then it's off to physio in the afternoon!
Latest photos:

image-4293376472.jpg

image-210187386.jpg

image-1647422270.jpg

image-551539516.jpg

image-870896388.jpg

image-524746875.jpg

image-3154616504.jpg

My 'little' man is not so little- he now weighs 11lbs 11.5oz at 5 weeks old :eek:
Means he's put on almost 2lbs in 3 weeks and he's following the 91st centile line perfectly :)
He had a 'normal' night as in he woke at 3 and 7 for milk and slept inbetween :)
Off to physio this afternoon so I've got ahead and prepped my lunch otherwise I'll be grabbing stuff out of vending machines!!!

Scales this morning showing 13st 4lbs so only 1/2 a lb down but after the weekend I kinda expected it.
Back on plan today and now planning 3 extra easy days with lots of superfree and low Syns, I really need a loss seeing as it's my first week!!

So here goes:

Extra Easy

HEXB: 27g sachet Quaker multigrain oats

B: A&B, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns)

L: wholemeal pasta, roasted veg (carrots, red onions, peppers, toms and celery), ham and 1tbsp extra light mayo (1 Syn)

D: spaghetti bolognese, muller light skinny cappuccino

Syns

1tsp Nutella (1.5)
1tbsp extra light mayo (1)
Quavers 16.4g bag (4.5)
HiFi salted caramel (6)

Total Syns: 13 :)

Last edited:
So tired today! And I can't blame it on Oliver either!!
He followed his little routine beautifully last night- bed by 12, up at 3 and 6:30 for milk, currently still asleep, due for milk around 10-10:30 :)
It's great that he's pretty much stuck to those times from day one (apart from the odd day here and there) as I can plan my day better, like making appointments, etc, without the fear of having to wake him up!!
Today we have got to pop to Tesco for a few bits and he needs some new clothes- he's really growing out of his bodysuits quickly and he doesn't have many 0-3 months so need to get a few and Tesco have a sale on, so win win :)
If that's not successful, will consider popping to either Asda or Sainsburys to look at clothes...

And big millstone achieved yesterday- he's gone up a size in nappies lol!!
He's 5 weeks old today and growing up way too fast for my liking!!

Checked the scales this morning and they are saying 13st 2.5lbs so 2lbs down yay!
I completed a day on plan yesterday, which I always find hard after being off plan so I'm chuffed with myself :)
Red day today- figured I was only going to have some rice with dinner but as I'm having a naan bread, I don't really need it, I find it too filling, so red day it is- I can have a HiFi salted caramel for my other B choice and then use my Syns on another- win win :D
Still got to find out the Syns of a few things so will update accordingly but otherwise here goes:

Red

HEXB 2: HiFi salted caramel

B: A&B1, 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns)

L: massive salad with ham and 1tbsp extra light mayo (1 Syn), pineapple

D: chicken madras (2 Syns for 1tbsp Patak's madras curry paste) served on a bed of spinach and with a Sharwoods mini naan (5.5 Syns)
Grapes, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries

Syns

1tsp Nutella (1.5)
1tbsp extra light mayo (1)
1tbsp Patak's madras curry paste (2)
1 Sharwoods mini naan (5.5)
19g bag Pom Bears (5)

Total: 15 :)

Last edited:
And here's a little pic of me and hubby on Saturday night, our first little bit of 'freedom' :)

image-1175292037.jpg

Back