Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Easier said than done- parents are due round any minute and I've used his nap time to have a shower, sterilise his bottles, unload the dishwasher, put the washing out and hoover the living room and have another coffee... He's been asleep for 1.5 hours now... I'm tempted to just rest my eyes now but I can guarantee that's exactly when my parents will arrive, cos that's what always happens lol! X

I've had 1/2 big cookie, two hi Fi light bars, 1.5 meringues, packet of pop crisps, one fondant fancy... Plus my normal meals. Think I win on calorie count!! I'm just tired, stressed with estate agents and Oliver is getting frustrated that he can't crawl,.. So food seemed to be the answer!! X
That's good going haha!
I've had 5 coffees, a massive plate of food at tasting session, a share bag of Rolo's, 2 slices of cheese and marmite on toast and I've just polished off 2 bags of Walkers pops crisps!!!
Food is always the answer- why else would we be on Slimming World?! Lol xx

I need help!
Oliver is becoming very clingy and is currently crying his little heart out in his cot but the second I walk in the room, he stops!
I picked him up, thinking it was wind- nope nothing, he was quiet and happy... The second I put him down and go out of the room, he starts up again!!!
Argh!

Hope he settles for you, it could still be related to jabs. However Ben has done this pretty much every night since 17 weeks, I don't engage him as such I shush him stroke his face and tuck him up. If he gets really distressed I pick him up have 5 quiet minutes cuddling then try again. Sometimes he's just not ready to go down xx

I need help! Oliver is becoming very clingy and is currently crying his little heart out in his cot but the second I walk in the room, he stops! I picked him up, thinking it was wind- nope nothing, he was quiet and happy... The second I put him down and go out of the room, he starts up again!!! Argh!

Hope he settled. I pat his chest and shish. If he gets realy upset then pick him up and do the same thing. Sometimes I just rock back and fourth and try to calm him. Sometimes this requires going into a different room and then go back to the bathroom. It's really trial and error to see what works really. Sadly no handbook with these babies :(

He continued to cry but it was his 'I want attention' cry which is more like a whinge... And to prove he just wanted me, I even went upstairs to the bathroom, which is next to his room, and he heard and stopped crying.. As soon as he heard me going back downstairs he started up again!!
Eventually it turned into a full on food cry and it was 10pm, which is when he usually feeds, so he took an 8oz bottle, nappy change and was back asleep by 10:30 and that was it until 6 this morning :)

When I first put him to bed, he was ready: he was tired, rubbing his eyes and fell asleep the second I put him down and stayed that way for 45 mins...

I'm also wondering if he was awake cos he was frustrated... The reason I say that, is when I went in at 6 to feed him, he had moved himself halfway up his cot, he was on his side and had hold of a toy that was nowhere within his reach when I first put him to bed!!!
I'm thinking he wants to move about all the time and he wants to sleep on his side...
He also grabs his dummy and throws it out of the cot too!!!
I can say what people mean when they say babies are easier when they are newborns lol! X

So not much planned for today... Just got to pop out to Tesco at some point, but will do that when I can be bothered to!
Still in my nightie, I feel like having a lounging morning... May even have a nap when Oliver has his...

Having a Red day today, mainly cos I use a lot of my Syns on dinner and it means I can't have crisps and chocolate later on (very important!) and I end up frustrated, which leads to a binge!

Today's plan:

RED

A: 350ml skimmed milk
B: 27g Quaker multigrain oats
B: HiFi chocolate orange

Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A)

Lunch: 4 egg omelette filled with red onions, peppers, toms, ham and served with spinach

Mid afternoon: coffee made with milk (from A), HiFi chocolate orange (B)

Dinner: chicken madras (2 Syns for the paste) served with salad and a Weigh Watchers mini naan bread (5.5 Syns)

Total Syns: 9/15

Extra Easy

Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A) x2

Lunch: pasta n sauce, broccoli, Muller light toffee

Dinner: 'Dolmades' (stuffed vine leaves) followed by beef Stifado (4 syns for red wine) served with rice and chips

Daily syns: 5.5/15

Extra Easy A: 350ml skimmed milk B: 27g Quaker multigrain oats Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A) x2 Lunch: pasta n sauce, broccoli, Muller light toffee Dinner: 'Dolmades' (stuffed vine leaves) followed by beef Stifado (4 syns for red wine) served with rice and chips Daily syns: 5.5/15

Ooh rushing over to yours for dinner. Sounds lush x

It was scrummy, we do love Greek food :) xx

Extra Easy

Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A) x2

Lunch: pasta n sauce and spinach

Mid afternoon: coffee made with milk (from A), HiFi chocolate orange (6 Syns)

Dinner: cottage pie (2 Syns for flora light), broccoli, leeks, carrots and peas

Daily Syns: 9.5/15

Last edited:
Morning!
I am so tried today... Oliver has been waking us up in the night for nothing really.. He's really found his voice and likes to lay in his cot, talking to himself... No harm in that, except he's so loud!!
Plus he's really moving himself around his cot now, he likes to sleep on his side and we often find him at the top of his cot, head buried in his teddy bears, giggling to himself!
He also grabs his dummy and toys and throws them out of the cot too!!
Little sod!
Last night- he went to bed at 7:30, slept until 10:30, had 9oz bottle, and slept until 2:30 when he woke, making lots of noise, but not seeming overly upset... We tried to ignore it, hoping he would settle back down himself, but nope he continued with the noise and it started to turn into a little cry so hubby went in and placed him back at the foot of the cot and out his dummy in... Lasted 10 mins, out came the dummy and he started with the noise again!
My turn this time, so I put dummy back in and stayed with him, just stroking his face and calming him down and it seemed to work.. Stayed for 15 mins, got sleepy eyes so I sneaked back into bed... 10 mins later he started again!
This time his attention seeking whinge!
Hubby did the usual checks (nappy, wind) and stayed with him for 15 mins, he fell asleep yay!
It was about 3:30 at this point and we was hoping that was it....
Nope at 4:30 he started crying... I went in and did the usual checks and tried to calm him down... But this time his cry turned into a hunger cry and as it was only half an hour til he normally feeds (at 5) and I just wanted some sleep, I fed him... 9oz bottle guzzled down, nappy change, some wind, and he was sleepy!
Back down at 5:15 and thankfully that was it until 8 when I heard him giggling to himself!

He's been like that for the last couple of nights and I think it's mostly attention... MIL said my hubby was exactly the same so Oliver clearly takes after his daddy!!

Anyway young man is now asleep which is just typical as I was going to go get him weighed this morning!
I have until 11:45 tho and it's literally across the road from my house so should be able to get there still... Esp as he's due a feed anytime now...

We go on holiday on Saturday yay!!
Can't wait to have Paul around for a whole week, it's not just the help I like, it's the company and Oliver misses his daddy, he's always wanting cuddles just as Paul is leaving for work!!
Paul's standard goodbye to me now is 'I'm running late!' Cos he's having cuddles with Oliver and finds it hard to leave him :)
We're going to a cottage in South Lopham, which is near Diss in Norfolk, about an hour and a half from us...
With the doggies too so I can Saturday morning being stressful as we load 2 dogs, a baby and all their stuff into the car, not forgetting our clothes too!!
We are near Thetford forest too, which is great for walks... There's a couple of restaurants we've been told to try and the rest of the week we'll stay in and cook, as we can't afford to eat out every night, plus we don't want to disrupt Oliver's bedtime routine too much.. A few days in fine, but not a whole week... Otherwise he'll be a monster with bedtime when we get home!!!

Been on plan all week and that shall continue... Hoping for club 10 at least, my 1.5 stone award as well would be nice but we'll see...

So here's today's plan and some latest pics of my boy :)

Extra Easy

Breakfast: A&B with 1tsp Nutella (1.5 Syns), coffee made with milk (from A)

Lunch: pasta n sauce with spinach

Mid afternoon: coffee made with milk (from A), HiFi chocolate orange (6 Syns)

Dinner: spaghetti bolognese

Walkers pops (4 Syns)
HiFi light double choc crisp (3 Syns)

Daily Syns: 14.5/15

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Aw hes soo cute!

I see why people say new borns are easier ha ha ! I have a rule at the min no dummy after 8! I dont mind her having it at all but at night i see to her and she falls asleep and it comes out which wakes her up and this goes on all night! So its for emergencies only until she can do it by herself

Hope you enjoy you holiday bet you have you be super organised, i think its nice sometimes eating in as you'll have the time to leisurely cook and all them sliming world recipes, have you tried the butter chicken curry? Its a bit iff messing but very nice x

Aw hes soo cute!

I see why people say new borns are easier ha ha ! I have a rule at the min no dummy after 8! I dont mind her having it at all but at night i see to her and she falls asleep and it comes out which wakes her up and this goes on all night! So its for emergencies only until she can do it by herself

Hope you enjoy you holiday bet you have you be super organised, i think its nice sometimes eating in as you'll have the time to leisurely cook and all them sliming world recipes, have you tried the butter chicken curry? Its a bit iff messing but very nice x
Lol Yeh they are, in a way!
He can put his dummy in himself now, but he likes to throw it out of the cot instead!! He finds it funny, he's a proper little boy- mischeavious!!
Thanks, can't wait for a whole week with my family :)
We both love cooking and curries are our favourite food ever and hubby makes a mean chicken madras that's quite SW friendly so I'm sure we'll have one whilst away :)
I won't be 100% strict! after all I'm on holiday, but I'll do my best :) x

So my little monkey now weighs 17lbs 8oz at 17 weeks old!!!
Saw my friend there, who's little girl is 2 days younger than Oliver and OMG the size difference!!
She was only 1lb lighter at birth but is now 4lbs lighter than Oliver!!
His head is double the size of her's- you'd think there was a few months difference, not 2 days!

Tomorrow we are meeting up with my other friend, who's little girl is 6 days younger than Oliver, so that'll be fun :)
Both babies are at the 'finding their voice' stage so I'm sure it'll be comical! X

So my little monkey now weighs 17lbs 8oz at 17 weeks old!!! Saw my friend there, who's little girl is 2 days younger than Oliver and OMG the size difference!! She was only 1lb lighter at birth but is now 4lbs lighter than Oliver!! His head is double the size of her's- you'd think there was a few months difference, not 2 days! Tomorrow we are meeting up with my other friend, who's little girl is 6 days younger than Oliver, so that'll be fun :) Both babies are at the 'finding their voice' stage so I'm sure it'll be comical! X

Just looked in Oliver's red book and at 18 weeks he was 18lb 10oz!! What a porker hehe. It is amazing how babies vary in size. Oliver is the youngest out of our NCT group but now the biggest. He was 2nd or 3rd heaviest at birth.

We are going away fri-mon to Aldeburgh so am excited too. Quality family time is fab :) x

Just looked in Oliver's red book and at 18 weeks he was 18lb 10oz!! What a porker hehe. It is amazing how babies vary in size. Oliver is the youngest out of our NCT group but now the biggest. He was 2nd or 3rd heaviest at birth.

We are going away fri-mon to Aldeburgh so am excited too. Quality family time is fab :) x
Wow!
Oliver's are chunky monkeys :)
Out of me and my 2 friends, Oliver was the biggest at 9lbs 11oz, Abigail (born 2 days later) was 8lbs 9oz and Grace (born 6 days later) was 7lbs 13oz...
I think Grace is about 11-12lbs now, Abigail is 13lbs 8oz so Oliver is storming ahead lol!

Aldeburgh is lovely, you have to have fish n chips there, it's kinda a rule ;)

Yeh now we have Oliver, it's even more important to have our holidays together, it's gonna be so much fun :)
I'm just excited to have Paul around for the whole week, as I'm sure Oliver is too :) x

Wow! Oliver's are chunky monkeys :) Out of me and my 2 friends, Oliver was the biggest at 9lbs 11oz, Abigail (born 2 days later) was 8lbs 9oz and Grace (born 6 days later) was 7lbs 13oz... I think Grace is about 11-12lbs now, Abigail is 13lbs 8oz so Oliver is storming ahead lol! Aldeburgh is lovely, you have to have fish n chips there, it's kinda a rule ;) Yeh now we have Oliver, it's even more important to have our holidays together, it's gonna be so much fun :) I'm just excited to have Paul around for the whole week, as I'm sure Oliver is too :) x

We had fish and chips there last year and yes they were amazing. Going to give Oliver a teeny bit too. His first taste of a chip hehe.

We had fish and chips there last year and yes they were amazing. Going to give Oliver a teeny bit too. His first taste of a chip hehe.
Oh that'll be so cool!!
I look forward to taking Oliver to the seaside next summer :)

Ben was 18.7 at 17 weeks big boys eh? I should take him to be weighed again but I have to psyche myself up to deal with the HV. Holiday sounds lovely xx

Back