Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Nothing works Hun. Only thing that's worked for me is getting pushed over doing the splits and landing of the palms of my hands. That induced labour but it wasn't nice. 5 babies and nothing works apart from maybe sex but you'd need a heck of a lot. Just chill and relax. Baby is worth the wait ( easily said when its not you waiting). X
Ouch that sounds painful!
I find it funny, all these old wives tales and how people swear by them!
Yeh cos I'll be doing very little chilling and relaxing when baby is here! X

You're doing so well hun. You sound so much more positive than I did at this stage. I really hope baby comes for you soon and you don't have to be induced, but if it comes to that then at least you know hopefully it won't be too long. Your body sounds more prepared for labour than mine did - I had no pains, nothing until I had been induced and was in labour - I definitely wasn't ready! Hopefully if it does come to induction it won't take long as you sound like you're nearly there!

Hope you're ok tonight :) xxx

Kept myself busy today and made a rainbow cake- not bad for a 1st attempt?? And it tastes yummy! X

image-2864521055.jpg

image-1418507940.jpg

Yum! I could totally eat cake right now x

I want cake! :p x

Hi Kirsty just popping by to see how you are hun. The cake looks amazing get the kettle on ill be there in a bit lol x

Lol kettle on, can't guarantee there'll be any cake left tho :p

Had another nice evening with hubby- he's reluctant to leave me alone in the evenings so we've been making the most of all this extra time together and going for nice walks with the dogs.
We needed a cash point on the way back and convieniently there's a yummy chippy next to the ATM, and we were peckish after our walk so shared a bag of chips and a battered sausage :)
Showered, in nightie, feet up, watching tv now :)
Tomorrow my parents are due round for dinner, so hubby is gonna go to his office to work then he'll be home later on to keep me company :)
Baby has been really active but otherwise nothing else to report.
Really enjoying all this extra time with hubby :)
X

Lol kettle on, can't guarantee there'll be any cake left tho :p

Had another nice evening with hubby- he's reluctant to leave me alone in the evenings so we've been making the most of all this extra time together and going for nice walks with the dogs.
We needed a cash point on the way back and convieniently there's a yummy chippy next to the ATM, and we were peckish after our walk so shared a bag of chips and a battered sausage :)
Showered, in nightie, feet up, watching tv now :)
Tomorrow my parents are due round for dinner, so hubby is gonna go to his office to work then he'll be home later on to keep me company :)
Baby has been really active but otherwise nothing else to report.
Really enjoying all this extra time with hubby :)
X

Aww sounds like a perfect day hun - its good to spend quality time together. Mmmmmm chips lol cant remember last time I had chippy chips. x

40+5

5 days overdue

Still waiting... Didn't get a single contraction yesterday, amazing how they just vanished like that!
Slept quite well last night, and feel quite refreshed today... Each morning I wake up and think 'nope not today' but I know it can happen just like that, so that's my glimmer of hope.
So today- waiting for the online shop to be delivered then once that's arrived, I'm going to pop out for a walk. Just to the community centre, which is our polling station today. Tesco is next to it so if I need anything I can pop in there too.
Then the cleaner is due and then my parents later on.
Maximum of 6 days left now, I'm starting to think I'll need the induction :(
But we'll see, it's something you can't predict. X

Least your body has shown signs of labour like contractions. Like Jess, mine did nowt. Shame mw couldn't do a sweep but good that your cervix is thinning. Once again more than mine did, even on the day of induction. It is frustrating waiting and everyone asking whether there is any news. I totally sympathise with you on that one. Staying busy like you are doing is the best way though. Hope something happens very soon xxx

Least your body has shown signs of labour like contractions. Like Jess, mine did nowt. Shame mw couldn't do a sweep but good that your cervix is thinning. Once again more than mine did, even on the day of induction. It is frustrating waiting and everyone asking whether there is any news. I totally sympathise with you on that one. Staying busy like you are doing is the best way though. Hope something happens very soon xxx
Yeh my friend is now 2 days overdue and her cervix is completely closed, not thin and she's had nothing, no pains, anything! She's got an induction booked for 3 days after me and it's looking like she'll need it, bless her.
My other friend is due on Saturday but she's had no signs either.
Yeh I've had many phone calls and texts asking how I am!
Plus everyone trying to make plans with us for bank holiday Monday, but we can't do anything as MW is coming to give me another sweep and besides baby might be here then or I may be in hospital!
Hoping MW will be able to do a sweep on Monday if I need it- it was very uncomfortable but if it gets baby here...
Fingers crossed! X

Sorry your still waiting but your so close now.

Just wondering can you refuse a sweep or at least refuse one done at home as there is no chance i will let them do it at home id rather not remember it and will do every time i go to bed! I know everyone says you wont be bothered in labour which maybe true as i will have so much to think about but this wont be true if i need a sweep!

Sorry your still waiting but your so close now. Just wondering can you refuse a sweep or at least refuse one done at home as there is no chance i will let them do it at home id rather not remember it and will do every time i go to bed! I know everyone says you wont be bothered in labour which maybe true as i will have so much to think about but this wont be true if i need a sweep!

Yes you can. I had two in the surgery and one at home. The one at home couldn't be done and I think that's because my bed was too low and she couldn't really get in a good position so if possible id always push for a sweep done in a medical place because it's set up better. But I'd still have a sweep at home than no sweep at all x

You can refuse a sweep absolutely! They just made me uncomfy for a few hours then nothing. Only after induction when having an internal a mw gave me a slight sweep and after that my waters broke. It'll only work if your close to going anyway.
Nearly there Hun it could honestly happen any night. You could just wake up to contractions.

40+6

6 days overdue

Woke up this morning feeling fed up, can't believe I'm still pregnant!!!
The end is in sight- 5 days until I'm induced- but it feels like I'm gonna be pregnant forever!
No new signs of labour- baby is active but otherwise all is the same...
Got a few errands to do for hubby today and then I think we'll be going for another long walk with the dogs later on...

Nothing else to report... X

Oh dear this little baby is been such a tease!! I'd just focus on baby coming on induction, if earlier then that's great.

I've convinced myself I'm going to be late, hopefully wont feel bad if he is late then x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I must admit I thought I'd be late, as it's my first but cos I had a few false alarms before DD I think I got my hopes up baby would be early!
I wasn't expecting to go over by this much tho... Yeh we've decided we'll enjoy our last weekend as a child free couple and the last few nights of uninterrupted sleep! X

Yes enjoy it!

Yeah you had false alarms at like 38+ didn't you? So I'd of expected to go early too after thinking baby was coming then. Little tease! :)

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Back