Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Well my boy was very good last night- he slept from 11-5:30!!! And so did I :D I feel so awake today, I really needed the unbroken sleep! I'm trying to work out why he slept for so long without wanting a bottle and I remembered that yesterday he had his usual 6x 6oz bottles and an extra 4oz bottle so maybe he was so full, his tummy was happy? Plus he didn't have a lot of sleep during the day- he had the odd 20 mins here and there but not one of his usual 2 hour naps so maybe he was extra tired? Anyway happy with that and hoping it'll continue but it prob won't! He's had the odd night of sleeping though before and then he reverts back to 'normal'. And he was so sleepy this morning that he only took 3oz before falling asleep and then slept through the storm, which was very loud and our windows were open! He woke at 9 for milk but again took 3oz and is asleep again! Going into Ipswich today to visit my Nan :) Just got to hope she hasn't got cake for me- my Nan is like most Nan's and likes to feed us! I stuck to plan yesterday and was rewarded with the scales being 2lbs down from WI weight this morning :eek: Getting my award yesterday has made me so motivated to stick to plan and get this weight off :) Anyway off to get ready for the day x

That's great sleeping. Fab work!

Oh my nan is the worst when it comes to cakes, biccies, sweets... She just loves making them and giving them to us... And I love eating them!! Lol. Hope you had a lovely time though x

Very good sleeping little Olivier, it's lovely when they first start sleeping through if a bit of a shock ;)
My nan is terrible, she fed me marshmallows, chocolate fingers and a kit kat today when I went over. I somehow managed to avoid the carrot cake!? Hope you have a lovely day, great to hear you so motivated x

It's def a Nan thing!
I managed to just have a little Victoria sandwich slice thing, which was 6 Syns (I checked on phone whilst Nan made a cuppa to go with!) so not too bad.
Have had a really lovely day- blooming hot!
Nan fed and changed Oliver and had cuddles too, then we popped out to Morrisons, where my mum works and I used to work there, and he got loads of attention :)
Nutmeg have a sale on and wow! Nan had given me £10 to spend on Oliver and with Mum's staff discount I ended up only having to pay £20 for loads and loads of clothes!
I got him socks, bodysuits, bibs and a couple of winter bits in bigger sizes...
The bodysuits I brought in 3-6 months as I noticed the other day his 0-3 are getting tight! And he's not quite 2 months old yet!!!!
Just made a yummy curry and pilau rice for dinner, just waiting for hubby to get home :)
Tomorrow we are going to Paul's mums for the day with the dogs as well so it'll be chaos lol!

And today wore out my boy:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 86
It's def a Nan thing! I managed to just have a little Victoria sandwich slice thing, which was 6 Syns (I checked on phone whilst Nan made a cuppa to go with!) so not too bad. Have had a really lovely day- blooming hot! Nan fed and changed Oliver and had cuddles too, then we popped out to Morrisons, where my mum works and I used to work there, and he got loads of attention :) Nutmeg have a sale on and wow! Nan had given me £10 to spend on Oliver and with Mum's staff discount I ended up only having to pay £20 for loads and loads of clothes! I got him socks, bodysuits, bibs and a couple of winter bits in bigger sizes... The bodysuits I brought in 3-6 months as I noticed the other day his 0-3 are getting tight! And he's not quite 2 months old yet!!!! Just made a yummy curry and pilau rice for dinner, just waiting for hubby to get home :) Tomorrow we are going to Paul's mums for the day with the dogs as well so it'll be chaos lol! And today wore out my boy:

Mmm Victoria sandwich x

Busy busy day!
Still stuck to plan tho :D
Will catch up tomorrow, in the meantime here's a pic of my boys <3

image-2413401342.jpg

Yes I am up this early on a Sunday morning :-/ I was actually up just after 7 and all cos young man decided it was time for the rest of his bottle that he started at 5:30 but fall asleep after 3oz :-/
I feel like a zombie today- Oliver had me up at 2:30 for 3oz, fall asleep at 3, awake again at 4 for the other 3oz, back asleep by 4:30 and then up again at 5:30!
Given that pattern, I figured I'd best get up and get stuff done or I'll never get anything done today!
And typically, cos I've put young man in his chair and brought him downstairs, he's been asleep since 7:30!!
Anyway yesterday we had a really lovely day at my in-laws, sitting in the garden in the sunshine, walked Oliver and the dogs along the seafront (Holland on sea, near Clacton)...
MIL is also on SW so she rustled up a lovely tuna salad with savoury rice- a massive plate full and all free :)
Due to that, and our dinner (lamb and veg skewers, chips and salad) being free too, I only had 6 Syns as I literally couldn't fit anymore in!!!
Today we are going to a family BBQ for my cousin's daughter's birthday but I'm planning to have my lunch beforehand and dinner when we get home as it'll be all high Syn rubbish as they shop in Iceland and Asda!!
Just had my porridge so will rustle up an omelette and savoury rice for lunch :) x

Also my not-quite-2 month old son is now wearing 3-6 months in clothes!!!

Yes I am up this early on a Sunday morning :-/ I was actually up just after 7 and all cos young man decided it was time for the rest of his bottle that he started at 5:30 but fall asleep after 3oz :-/ I feel like a zombie today- Oliver had me up at 2:30 for 3oz, fall asleep at 3, awake again at 4 for the other 3oz, back asleep by 4:30 and then up again at 5:30! Given that pattern, I figured I'd best get up and get stuff done or I'll never get anything done today! And typically, cos I've put young man in his chair and brought him downstairs, he's been asleep since 7:30!! Anyway yesterday we had a really lovely day at my in-laws, sitting in the garden in the sunshine, walked Oliver and the dogs along the seafront (Holland on sea, near Clacton)... MIL is also on SW so she rustled up a lovely tuna salad with savoury rice- a massive plate full and all free :) Due to that, and our dinner (lamb and veg skewers, chips and salad) being free too, I only had 6 Syns as I literally couldn't fit anymore in!!! Today we are going to a family BBQ for my cousin's daughter's birthday but I'm planning to have my lunch beforehand and dinner when we get home as it'll be all high Syn rubbish as they shop in Iceland and Asda!! Just had my porridge so will rustle up an omelette and savoury rice for lunch :) x

Oh dear, sounds a very broken sleep night. Not fun. Hopefully Oliver will be back to his good habits tonight.

Food sounds lovely yesterday. Good work eating before you go to BBQ. It's always difficult to resist I find but once you eat it you realise it was nothing special anyway.

Have a good day x

Also my not-quite-2 month old son is now wearing 3-6 months in clothes!!!

Arghh I know the feeling as Connor is fitting them nicely too!!!! His feet fill the sleepsuits too :(
So looks like I need more baby clothes in that size as a lot from Jacob are jeans and t-shirts. I don't want my baby in all that just yet! Well not everyday...

Have you had Oliver measured? Curious on his length :) x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Sizes are just mad. I was buying Oliver 9-12 months clothes yesterday. He is not even 6 months but the 6-9 were too short in the body. Annoys me that each shop have different sizing too. X
I know, it's madness!
We buy mainly from Tesco and he's grown out of all his 0-3 bodysuits and sleep suits!
In fact he never really got to wear his sleep suits that much as he was born end of May- it's been too hot!
That's the problem I have- all the 0-3 bodysuits are too short in the body! X

Oh dear, sounds a very broken sleep night. Not fun. Hopefully Oliver will be back to his good habits tonight.

Food sounds lovely yesterday. Good work eating before you go to BBQ. It's always difficult to resist I find but once you eat it you realise it was nothing special anyway.

Have a good day x
Thanks x

He does have his off nights so hoping it was one of those!

It was all scrummy!
And this is what I'm now tucking into:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 54
Arghh I know the feeling as Connor is fitting them nicely too!!!! His feet fill the sleepsuits too :(
So looks like I need more baby clothes in that size as a lot from Jacob are jeans and t-shirts. I don't want my baby in all that just yet! Well not everyday...

Have you had Oliver measured? Curious on his length :) x

I sure have- at 6 weeks 2 days he was 58.5cm, which puts him on the 75th centile and according to his red book, he will prob be around 5'11- 6ft when he is an adult!!! X

I sure have- at 6 weeks 2 days he was 58.5cm, which puts him on the 75th centile and according to his red book, he will prob be around 5'11- 6ft when he is an adult!!! X

Aww! I had Connor measured at 5 weeks 2 days as I was curious and he was 57cm! He will be measured again on Tues when has his 6 week checkup though.
Looking in his book from weight atm says estimates of 6ft and 6ft1! X

I think we are going to have tall strapping lads from the sounds of it! X

Paul is 6ft 3 or 4 and I'm 5ft 8 so guess it was inevitable here. Makes sense why my bump was so blinking big too hehe x
I'm 5'10 and Paul is 5'8 so it was inevitable here too really! Not to mention the fact that my dad is 6'4!!

I've had another lovely day today- the BBQ was great fun, I was very good and ate nothing :eek: just had a coffee!!!
To be fair, I was pretty full up from my lunch still.
It meant that I had loads of Syns left to use so I had a large glass of wine, Rocky Road and Pom Bears this evening and I've finished another day on plan with 15.5 Syns so really chuffed :)
And this morning my scales were showing 2.5lbs off and that's with 3 more days still to go :)
Not too much going on tomorrow- need to go to Tesco for some fruit and that's about it.
Tuesday is Oliver's 8 week jabs :(
Plus we've both got our postnatal checks.
We are now really busy every weekend up to the end of August!!! X

Back