Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Hi all

Not been able to get on here for very long recently as the website and the app keeps crashing...

But I'm being good- 4th day on plan today and I'm feeling good for it :)
I think the thought of being back over 12 stone again was what made it click for me, I know I'm going to gain over Xmas and new year, who doesn't?, and being just 2lbs under 12 stone was all the motivation I needed!
I don't mind how much I lose until Xmas Eve, the more the better, I just want to be as far away from 12 stone as possible so I can 'relax' a bit more over the holidays, knowing I'll likely still be in the 11's in the new year.

Today we had to collect Oliver's new car seat- he's almost 9kg and tall with broad shoulders so as you can imagine he was outgrowing his old one very quickly!
And as we are going to Belgium for new year, so a long car journey, we knew we needed to get one before then.
So we've got him a stage 1 so technically it'll last until he's 4- however, given that his new car seat is meant to be for 9 months plus and he's only 6 months, I don't think that'll happen lol!

Food is going well with Oliver, he eats pretty much anything now, he's had roast dinners, chips, ham, cheese, breadsticks, etc etc.

Hope everyone is well.

Latest pics enclosed x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 74
Hi all

Not been able to get on here for very long recently as the website and the app keeps crashing...

But I'm being good- 4th day on plan today and I'm feeling good for it :)
I think the thought of being back over 12 stone again was what made it click for me, I know I'm going to gain over Xmas and new year, who doesn't?, and being just 2lbs under 12 stone was all the motivation I needed!
I don't mind how much I lose until Xmas Eve, the more the better, I just want to be as far away from 12 stone as possible so I can 'relax' a bit more over the holidays, knowing I'll likely still be in the 11's in the new year.

Today we had to collect Oliver's new car seat- he's almost 9kg and tall with broad shoulders so as you can imagine he was outgrowing his old one very quickly!
And as we are going to Belgium for new year, so a long car journey, we knew we needed to get one before then.
So we've got him a stage 1 so technically it'll last until he's 4- however, given that his new car seat is meant to be for 9 months plus and he's only 6 months, I don't think that'll happen lol!

Food is going well with Oliver, he eats pretty much anything now, he's had roast dinners, chips, ham, cheese, breadsticks, etc etc.

Hope everyone is well.

Latest pics enclosed x

I have also had problems with the app. Annoying.

Well done you and sticking to plan. Something stuck this week for me too, well until I met up with friend today but I guess I knew it would be an off plan day. Could have been a lot worse.

Oliver looks like he is getting on really well. We got a new car seat for oliver about 6ish months, like you we had a longer journey ahead and wanted him to be as comfy as possible, as well as safe. Great work on the food for oliver too. Must be great that he is eating similar foods to you now.
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I have also had problems with the app. Annoying.

Well done you and sticking to plan. Something stuck this week for me too, well until I met up with friend today but I guess I knew it would be an off plan day. Could have been a lot worse.

Oliver looks like he is getting on really well. We got a new car seat for oliver about 6ish months, like you we had a longer journey ahead and wanted him to be as comfy as possible, as well as safe. Great work on the food for oliver too. Must be great that he is eating similar foods to you now.
X

The only 'off-plan' evening is this Friday when our friends come over for dinner.
It's a Xmas eve tradition to get together, have a takeaway and lots of drinks!
Only this year, they couldn't make Xmas eve as they've now got a little girl who's 2 days younger than Oliver and like us, they've got a very busy Xmas and new year!
I'm going to suggest an Indian so I can be a little bit in control of what I eat.
The important thing is I get back on it the next morning.
And stay on it until weigh in on Xmas eve morning!
Yeh Oliver is tall with broad shoulders and weighs almost 9kg so it was time to get a new car seat!
Going to test it out for the first time today...

He'll eat anything now, loves his food and loves his milk still, which is fab :)
He really loves the apple biscotti biscuits and MIL couldn't believe how quickly he devoured one the other day!
He actually bites bits off- no teeth yet, but his gums must really hurt.
Slices of pepper straight from the fridge he likes too :) x

Aw he looks diddy in his big seat. Is it the pearl? I've got the pearl but the older model that's forward facing but now I've read a few publications I want him in the new rear facing model, annoyed that I've wasted the money.
Well done on getting back on plan xx

Also I thought stage 0 went to 12kg ..... Panicking now Ben's 10 kg and still in just first seat xx

Stage 0 goes to 9kg on our old seat.
Well I assume so cos the new one starts from 9kg!
The new one is a Maxi Cosi... Erm can't remember which one, it's not the pearl... It's forward facing, which I'm so scared about, but we couldn't find a rear facing one in stage 1 anywhere... Although Paul did find one this morning, when a friend pointed out that Oliver should still be in rear facing, but we've just spent £200 on the new seat, we don't have that money to buy another one...
The advantage is the new one reclines so he'll be laying down, which helps... I'm still scared of using it tho....
It's the Maxi Cosi Priorifix

I know it's such a worry isn't it!
I wasn't too concerned until someone ran in the back of me last week then I freaked out!
Rear facing are sooo expensive!
I can claim £100 on car insurance but then I've got another seat that's brand new!! Xx

Mines a pebble that goes to 13kg so can take a bit more time to think about it xx

We had a Graco one that came with the travel system, he grew out of that very quickly!
We brought one off our close friends for £40 and it was a Mama and Papa's one, has served us well but it's now gone in the loft for baby no 2 when that time comes :)
The new one goes up to 18kg, technically about 3.5 years old but don't think it'll last that long with Oliver being 9kg already! X

So we decided to take the new car seat back and get a different one... We were not happy with it being just forward facing so after doing more research, we settled on the Joie i-anchor, which is both rear and forward facing.
Read all the reviews, got loads of advice and we're much happier with that one... Picking it up at the weekend so for the next few days, Oliver will be back in his old stage 0 seat, a bit of a squash for him, but the journeys we'll be making are no more than 1/2 hour.
It's the long car journey to Belgium for new year we wanted the new seat for...

Still being good with food... Been avoiding my scales too... But I'm itching to know!

9 days until Xmas... I've wrapped all presents and written all cards, just got a couple of food shops to do and we are pretty much sorted...
A photo of my Christmas monkey :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 86
Unable to get on here until now but I'm pleased to report... 3lbs OFF for me this week yay :D

4.5lbs to go for my 2 stone award, doubt I'll get it on Xmas eve as:
1. It's a shorter week
2. We are having a takeaway tonight and going out for dinner on Sunday

But I'll do my best in between!
Sneak peak at the scales those morning and I'm already 1lb down... X

I managed to gain the 3lbs I lost last week oops!!
Oh well never mind.
Looking forward to getting back on track and to target in the new year!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year you lovely lot xx

Back