Kirsty's pregnancy and new Mummy diary- from 30 weeks onwards!

Merry Christmas hun have a lovely day xx

I managed to gain the 3lbs I lost last week oops!!
Oh well never mind.
Looking forward to getting back on track and to target in the new year!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year you lovely lot xx

Oopsie. Hope you're having a lovely christmas and new year with your lovely boy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi all
I'm back!!!!

Had a very hectic Xmas and new year:

Xmas day: my parents and sister came over, cooked Xmas lunch, Oliver loved all his new toys and the ball pit has become a godsend!
Once parents left, me and Paul had a nice bottle of Prosecco together.

Boxing day: went to Paul's parents, pretty mad, lots of family and lots of presents for Oliver!!
Stayed overnight with the dogs as well.

27th: literally home for a few hours, house looked like a cross between ToysRus and a bomb site!
Went to Paul's aunties for the annual family party. Great fun, Oliver was the hit of the party :)

28th: went to my parents to drop off the dogs as they were staying there whilst we went to Belgium.
packed what seemed like the entire house! Loaded the car up and we went to Ashford, where we were staying overnight in a Premier Inn, before our early start to the EuroTunnel

29th: early morning, on the EuroTunnel and then off to Belgium! Stopped at Bruges for a few hours, then onto Melsele where our friends live.

30th: spent the day in Antwerp, went to an ice sculpture display... Kids all had a great time (my friend has 2 girls)

New Year's Eve: spent the day in Bevern (the nearest town), did a spot of shopping and plenty of drinking at the local pub lol!!!
Then began New Year's Eve... Put all the kids to bed, then had a lovely meal and drinks...
Just before midnight, the boys went outside to make a fire and we opened a bottle of champagne to ring in the new year.
Stayed outside to watch the fireworks, then more champagne followed!!
The drinking continued with Genever, which is a traditional Flemish flavoured gin drink, comes in lots of lovely flavours, but is very lethal!!
Many bottles (!!) were consumed...
Me and my friend had the good sense to drink water in between, unlike the boys... I guess being mummies has made us a little bit more sensible!

New Years Day: pretty quiet, the boys had hangovers (surprise surprise!) so us girls chilled out downstairs with the kiddies in front of the tv, with chocs :)

2nd: we packed up and travelled home :(

Since then, we've been getting the house into some sort of order, putting away the Xmas decs and filling up the loft with more of Oliver's clothes that he's outgrown...

As for the scales, I have no idea... I obv couldn't go to group on NYE as I was away so I won't be getting to group until next Thursday.... I plan to check in the morning on my scales, but I've had enough of junk food and I'm looking forward to getting back on plan and getting to target this year!

And now I can actually say I'm back to work next month :(
Starting date is Feb 25th, only be working 2 days a week but I'm dreading it... Could easily be a stay at home mummy :)

Oliver? Well he's growing up so quickly... Already just over 7 months old, wearing 9-12 month clothes... Getting him weighed tomorrow....
He sits up really well now, so close on the crawling too... Sitting is his fave position these days, we can put him in his ball pit and he stays sitting for up to an hour!!
Still eating 3 meals a day... Loves his food, had a Xmas dinner and another on Boxing Day... Plus in Belgium, he tried loads of new things- waffles are a big hit!!!
He whistles now, which is hilarious!!!
Still teething but no teeth yet...

Will include some photos of Xmas and then Belgium but may have to do 2 posts.

Hope everyone is well and had a good Xmas and new year xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    823.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 73
Belgium photos xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 69
And a proud mummy moment- my boy wearing his Thomas pyjamas :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 64
Sounds like you had a fab time. Oliver is such a cutie. We need to meet up before we both go back to work :(

Thanks :) must be in the name as your Oliver is a cutie too x

Yes we must... Depends if you want to meet with Oliver's or without.... With I've pretty much free all the time, without I'm restricted to Friday's and Saturday's.... Let me know x

Good morning!
I braved the scales.... And pleasantly surprised at just 2lbs on!!
Got 3 days before group too so if I behave myself I could potentially get away with just a maintain...
Today I've started with my usual porridge and Nutella....
Only potential 'hazard' today is that I'm full of cold... Came back from Belgium with it (my friends' 2 girls had just got over colds) and it's getting worse... It's now in constant coughing and sneezing territory...
Which means all I want today is a huge bar of Cadbury whole nut!!
I've not had any for over 2 weeks now and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms lol lol lol!!!
I actually can't be bothered to go out and get any, which is great, but I have got to pop to Tesco for a jar of passata as Paul accidentally used it the other night and I needed it for a sausage pasta bake I'm cooking tonight...
So I've got to try and avoid the chocolate aisle...

How about we meet with the boys. Have you been to soft play with Oliver before? Could have a look and see if there is one south Essex way and we could go, boys could play a bit and we could natter whilst also playing ;) Or could wander round the shops at lakeside for a bit until the boys get sick of the pushchairs (my oliver most likely) and then have lunch? I'm busy most Fridays and a few Mondays but free other days I think.

well done on only 2lb gain. That's fab. Sorry to hear about the cold though :(

How about we meet with the boys. Have you been to soft play with Oliver before? Could have a look and see if there is one south Essex way and we could go, boys could play a bit and we could natter whilst also playing ;) Or could wander round the shops at lakeside for a bit until the boys get sick of the pushchairs (my oliver most likely) and then have lunch? I'm busy most Fridays and a few Mondays but free other days I think.

well done on only 2lb gain. That's fab. Sorry to hear about the cold though :(

Soft play sounds ideal, I've yet to take Oliver but I know he'd like it as he loves getting stuck into things!
I'll have a look into ones and see what we can come up with....
Lakeside is an idea....
Tuesday's work well for me.... I just have to be mindful of leaving the dogs for too long- 5-6 hours is the limit really...
Shall research!

Thanks, this cold malarkey is crap and I just know Oliver will get it, cos he always does when I'm ill!!
And I didn't manage to avoid the chocolate aisle in Tesco- a huge bar of whole nut fell into my basket.. Whoops! X

Looks like you've had a lovely Christmas & New Year :) x

Looks like you've had a lovely Christmas & New Year :) x

We did thanks but it was very hectic- need a holiday to get over it lol!! X

Soft play sounds ideal, I've yet to take Oliver but I know he'd like it as he loves getting stuck into things!
I'll have a look into ones and see what we can come up with....
Lakeside is an idea....
Tuesday's work well for me.... I just have to be mindful of leaving the dogs for too long- 5-6 hours is the limit really...
Shall research!

Thanks, this cold malarkey is crap and I just know Oliver will get it, cos he always does when I'm ill!!
And I didn't manage to avoid the chocolate aisle in Tesco- a huge bar of whole nut fell into my basket.. Whoops! X

You free next Tuesday? I am and may well be free the following Tuesday's but just remembered I have Oliver's first settling in session at nursery next Wednesday and then I'll find out when the next ones are then, and it could be a Tuesday because he will be going to nursery on tues, we'd and thurs... But if you can't do next tues then I can let you know after next wed.

Not a problem with the dogs. Realistically with oliver I can't be out for too long. Perhaps we could meet 11ish, go to soft play, bite to eat then done before rush hour? X

You free next Tuesday? I am and may well be free the following Tuesday's but just remembered I have Oliver's first settling in session at nursery next Wednesday and then I'll find out when the next ones are then, and it could be a Tuesday because he will be going to nursery on tues, we'd and thurs... But if you can't do next tues then I can let you know after next wed.

Not a problem with the dogs. Realistically with oliver I can't be out for too long. Perhaps we could meet 11ish, go to soft play, bite to eat then done before rush hour? X

Yeh I'm free next Tuesday (13th?)

Yeh that sounds good- I've been looking at soft play places in the Chelmsford/Braintree area and there loads but I've no idea what's good and what isn't.
Lakeside have got a play area but its expensive- £5 for a 'family' (no idea how many adults/children they class that as!)
Let me know your thoughts? X

Yeh I'm free next Tuesday (13th?)

Yeh that sounds good- I've been looking at soft play places in the Chelmsford/Braintree area and there loads but I've no idea what's good and what isn't.
Lakeside have got a play area but its expensive- £5 for a 'family' (no idea how many adults/children they class that as!)
Let me know your thoughts? X

Yep 13th. Happy to pay up to £5. Maybe s family can be two children? Will have a look online.

Are any of the soft plays in Chelmsford on mums net? Some of them have reviews? X

Yep 13th. Happy to pay up to £5. Maybe s family can be two children? Will have a look online.

Are any of the soft plays in Chelmsford on mums net? Some of them have reviews? X

Yeh I googled soft play in South Essex and netmums came up, so I was looking at them on there. A couple had 4/5 stars, some didn't have any reviews at all x

Just looked and the lakeside one is £5 annual membership then £2 entry so bit pricey unless you think you'll go a few times this year. Not sure I will given going back to work and if you go at weekends adults have to pay entry too!!!! X

Ouch that is a lot of money!
I def wouldn't use it more than the once so £7 is too much!

Yeh I googled soft play in South Essex and netmums came up, so I was looking at them on there. A couple had 4/5 stars, some didn't have any reviews at all x

Well happy just to try one. If it's no good we know for next time ;)

Back