Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Kohlrabi

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by AnnaFaraday, 16 May 2011 Social URL.

1. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

I saw someone mentioned kohlrabi a few weeks ago.

Just the other day I was in the farm shop and saw some, so I thought I would try it.

It was pale green and round and looked and felt rather like a broccoli stem (although a different shape, obviously.

I looked it up and found that you can eat small ones raw, or cut them up and steam them, so I did a bit of both. Raw it was rather like a very mild radish and would be nice in a salad. Steamed it was a bit boring, to be honest, not unpleasant but I wouldn't bother again.

In future I might buy a small one for a salad, but it hasn't crept into my top ten vegetables!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cobra

Cobra Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Never heard of it myself, but with you saying it's like raddish, I wont be running out to the supermarket, as raddishes remind me of school meals when I was about 7 ... uuggghhh

Lisa

4. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I Love kohlrabi -especially the purple ones, you are right though -they are much nicer raw, once cooked they seem a little milder. I grate mine to add to home made cloeslaw :D

5. jen3

jen3 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Never had it but can imagine it sliced and chucked into a stir fry at the end - sort of for texture rather than taste!

6. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

That's a good idea.

7. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just chop em and add a veggie base to stuff like spag and chilli and casseroles... when I find em.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.