• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I saw someone mentioned kohlrabi a few weeks ago.

Just the other day I was in the farm shop and saw some, so I thought I would try it.

It was pale green and round and looked and felt rather like a broccoli stem (although a different shape, obviously.

I looked it up and found that you can eat small ones raw, or cut them up and steam them, so I did a bit of both. Raw it was rather like a very mild radish and would be nice in a salad. Steamed it was a bit boring, to be honest, not unpleasant but I wouldn't bother again.

In future I might buy a small one for a salad, but it hasn't crept into my top ten vegetables!
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Silver Member
Never heard of it myself, but with you saying it's like raddish, I wont be running out to the supermarket, as raddishes remind me of school meals when I was about 7 ... uuggghhh

I Love kohlrabi -especially the purple ones, you are right though -they are much nicer raw, once cooked they seem a little milder. I grate mine to add to home made cloeslaw :D

Silver Member
Never had it but can imagine it sliced and chucked into a stir fry at the end - sort of for texture rather than taste!

Gold Member
I just chop em and add a veggie base to stuff like spag and chilli and casseroles... when I find em.