Krystle (well mostly her hubby's) Yummy Recipies!!!

thankyou lovely!!
hope that it tastes nice.

red u silly boy hehehe!

u must try it! i :heartpump: it

xxxxxxxxx

RIGHT!!! ive not been here in a while soooooo give this one a shot.. its well yummy!!

Serves 4

Thai Green Curry.
The Paste:
2x green chilli's
3 cloves garlic
2 cm fresh ginger (you can use some jar stuff if you want)
1 pack fresh corriander and stalks
2 limes (juice from them)
2 shallots or small onions (i used spring onions as i forgot to get shallots)
2x stalks of lemongrass (trimmed and chopped)
1tbsp thai fish sauce (nam pla)

with the chillis if you like hot, keep seeds in.. if you dont like hot... deseed them...
wizz all that up to make a paste...

Fry the paste in a pan (it says with ground nut oil but i used fry light) and add...
800g thighs or breasts (what ever you prefer) you could also prob cut this down to 600g
200mls chicken stock (i think you could half this)
1 can light coconut milk (i used a full can last time and you could def use half!!!!) (this is 7% fat so if you wanted to stick to the rules 100 percent then dont use this recipie)

bring to the boil and simmer for 25 mins (or until chicken is cooked)

i served this with 65g brown rice.... (your choice what you serve it with)

Last edited:
super speed soup! some people from the sw section swear by this soup! It aparently speeds up your weight loss!

here ya go kes heres the recipe! ive not attemted it yet cos the ingredients r not usually the sort of stuff i go for lol

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 can chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green, red and yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
salt & Pepper
Mixed herbs
water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop and put all veg into a pan, add everything thing else and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer until soft.

This can be left chunky or blended down - it also freezes.

just bumping this up as a few have asked for food ideas....

also need to fix up that recipie...
will do it when i get home from our weekend away.:)

just bumping (yet again) and i promise i will get onto those recipies.
and i have loads more!

Some handy Recipes that I like

The best Spaghetti and Sauce is one you make yourself and it is so easy.

Take 1 Can of chopped Tomatoes, the ones already flavoured with Garlic n Herbs are fab.

Pop in pan bring to boil to reduce and add what you want: more garlic n herbs; chopped Mushrooms; chopped lean ham or chicken, or turkey breast. Basically anything you are allowed, well season with Salt, a pinch of Sugar and plenty of Black Pepper, either reduce of put thro' a blender. (If you can spare it a splash of white wine does wonders ;) )

Boil in another pan your favourite Pasta but wholemeal is best and more filling, drain when just cooked, pop back in pan to dry a little then stir in the sauce to just cover each piece nicely, serve piping hot with a sprinkle of Parmesan.

Tins of Chopped Tomatoes in your Larder is a godsend, especially the flavoured ones, try poaching a Chicken Breast in some and serve with New Potatoes n Salad or Green Veg.

Make a quick Jalfrezi Curry, tinned Tomatoes add spices; Chili; Ground Coriander; Cumin, with crushed garlic cloves to your taste cook till flavours blended together and then cook some chopped Chicken in it and serve with Rice. (Avoid ready made curries as they are so full of Calories and fat as a norm and it is more fun to make your own)

I haven't mentioned Onions in any of the above as in my opinion they need to be slowly fried in some sort of Oil and you can forfeit a bit of flavour for a lot of Calories!

thanks for that Joany :)

i know that they are not recipies i have done, but i have been having a lot of the covent garden soups!!! they are delish!! (well the ones that are in the rules anyway...)

I like those too, but I've also been having a lot of the Heinz Big Soups as well. They're really thick and tasty (more like a casserole) and all the ones I've tried are within the rules!

For Soups I love the Lidl's own Chicken n Pasta Soup, a double size tin is really low cal n fat n with a Pitta bread a lovely meal, my doggie loves it thank goodness as I can't eat a whole tin :p

If you like soups use your slow cooker and chuck in some Lentils, for fibre n thickening, any and all chopped veg that you like, when the lentils are properly soft, not before, season with a stock cube or salt n pepper and spiced with a spoonful of curry powder, it freezes OK as well.

Yak! Cant do lentils! Lol I once made a 'super speed' soup from Sw once! Cost me about a tenner an one spoonful made me gag!

Not a fan of them im afraid!

When I was CC I loved plain rice cakes spread with light dairylea! Nom nom!

xxxxxx

Yak! Cant do lentils! Lol I once made a 'super speed' soup from Sw once! Cost me about a tenner an one spoonful made me gag!

Not a fan of them im afraid!

When I was CC I loved plain rice cakes spread with light dairylea! Nom nom!

xxxxxx
No prob, leave out the Lentils and add in whatever you like, a handful of cooked rice it good or some of your favourite Pasta, but they seem better if you cook the first, refresh with cold water and add a the last minute.

Reactions: kae
Bump....

Also had really nice fish dish the other day..
White fish, sprinkled with chilli flakes and herbs like parsley and mixed herbs wrapped in foil with some fry light.. cooked in the oven. It was delish...

bump

WOK IT CHICKEN CHOW MEIN...
use the chicken or not.. (cant remember if you eat it or not..)

serves 3... which is quite bizzare!!!
175g noodles
fry light
1 onion
2 cloves garlic (sliced thinly)
1cm-1/2inch piece of ginger (peeled chopped finely)
175g bean sprouts.. (but i use more...)
175g mangetout cut lengthways (but i used peas as i dont like mange's)
225g lean cooked chicken (previously cooked in a spray or two of fry light) thinly cooked or shreaded as much as possible
2tbs light soy sauce
2 table spoons sweet chilli sauce.

1. cook noodles in a large pan of boiling water (or according to packet instructions)
2. heat fry light in pan and stir in onion for 2-3 mins (if it goes dry i add small amounts of water to make it go properly..) add the garlic, ginger, bean sprouts, mange's and stirfry for 1 min.
3. drain the noodles and add to the wok. with the chicken and soy sauce. cook for 2 mins (until hot) stir in the sweet chilli sauce and serve :) you could add some other things like teryaki sauce... to make it a little more flavoursome. :)

Nice recipies thanks :)

Back