Kuromi's big journey diary

It looks like I'm lining up sweets when I'm putting them out to take them all, but as the consultant in H&B said, I'm hitting it from all angles, body thermo, metabolism, energy for work outs, immune system etc. So hopefully with all bases covered my body will have no choice but to burn that fat.

Thanks for the compliment on my loss so far :) today I was even happier as this morning I weighed In at 10.3 1/4. Chuffed to bits as once I'm past 10 stone then that's the lowest I've been in about 14 years. I'm hoping I can do that by this time next week so I'm 10 stone for the first of our nights out. Would be really nice if I could do it for Sunday actually as we have a christening to go to, and not seen anyone who will be there since before I started my diet, so will be nice to see if anyone notices.

My old boss saw me again today and said again he can't believe how much weight I've lost and was asking if it was all diet or exercise or both. He seems to be so shocked by my loss he can't get over it, so I can't wait until he sees me at the Christmas party on the 18th as I won't be in my uniform (which is now hanging off me), so I will look even better :)

I just made myself a Mexicana cheese, tuna & egg white omelette. It was really really nice so I will be having that again. Being as I've got over 300 calories left over today even after my 3 meals packs and my omelette I'm thinking of treating myself to my Atkins chocolate bar. It's only 141 calories and 2 carbs so I'm still under my daily limit.

Went shopping at Sainsbury's and stocked up on my flavoured water. Another 20 bottles chilling in the porch. That's 10 days worth at least. We were going late night shopping but we were wrongly advised so Derby wasn't open tonight. Never mind, means we got back home earlier than planned which meant I didn't have to have my tea late. Also means the pressure is off as the OH said there is a new American Diner opened and he wants to check it out - I was worried about what to do if we ended up in there. Maybe eat to it and not for the next 3 days, lol. Still at least I haven't got to worry about it for at least a other few days until late night shopping is on.
I've got to go shopping either Fri pm or Sat now to look for an outfit as I forgot we will be at this christening on Sunday. Damn, that was my proffered shopping day, but I don't suppose it matters this close to Christmas as it will be packed no matter what day I pick.

The OH has learnt the hard way what happens when you drink beer, eat sandwiches, cake and crisps because he's not lost a single pound all week. He says he's back on it tomorrow and is heading out to buy chicken breasts. Shame he didn't get back on it sooner really, but he's very much a know it all and I give up arguing about diets as everything I tell him he will find someone online who says the exact opposite. Like drinking whilst in ketosis (although I highly doubt he's still in ketosis after all the crap he's eaten this last few days), as much as I was trying to warn him it's dangerous, he kept finding people posting on other forums that they have been out drinking and been fine, so naturally he does it as well. I am annoyed really as if he's ill it will be down to me to sort him out.
I'm trying to prepare for our night out next week when I will have a drink, by planning what to have during the day that will knock me out of ketosis without consuming loads of calories. I guess the best option is something like crumpets for breakfast and then a jacket potato with baked beans for dinner as that will take me over 50gs carbs straight away, then maybe a snack mid afternoon just to keep me going until we actually eat at about 8-8:30. Excited but also worried about the aftermath. I know I won't exactly out loads on fat wise but I know those scales are not going to be kind for a few days. Guess I'd better run some extra miles that week :s

I've been lied to. That Atkins bar is not 2g carbs at all. It claims to be 1.something net carbs but upon checking my fitness pal it's actually 14gs. Their packaging is misleading. Luckily I noticed before i had my last shake of the day but not before I'd eaten the chocolate bar. so I'm not over my 50gs carbs now luckily, whereas that could have been disastrous.

I've been lied to. That Atkins bar is not 2g carbs at all. It claims to be 1.something net carbs but upon checking my fitness pal it's actually 14gs. Their packaging is misleading. Luckily I noticed before i had my last shake of the day but not before I'd eaten the chocolate bar. so I'm not over my 50gs carbs now luckily, whereas that could have been disastrous.

Omg!! These liars are getting people to think that we're eating less carbs than we actually are, not nice at all!! Even though 9 carbs isnt alot on atkins but on slim and save it adds up quickly. Good thing u did check!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It would be nice if everyone stuck to the same format. There was me thinking 2g carbs in a bar of chocolate was a great find. Little did I know.

Like these traffic light systems on the front of packets - why don't they include carbs on that list too, save us having to muck about looking on a list on the back, surely carbs are just as important as calories, fats & sugars?

Fairly uneventful day so far with the exception of a surprise weight this morning, but I think I'd have been pissed if I'd not lost after the night I had last night when I got hit by an upset stomach after not going for days. Let's just say I think I spent most of the evening burning calories running up and down stairs. I lost an entire 1 1/4 pounds over night and dropped from 10.3 1/4 to 10.2 exactly. That was great to see this morning.

Been to the gym 4 times this week and have covered 10 miles over those days. Not a huge amount but that's better than the last few weeks. I don't have time to do the 5 miles a day I used to run, so little and often is the key for me at the moment. Plus I find it seems that it doesn't matter what distance you cover it how long you spend doing it that burns the calories. Eg I walked most of today's session and burnt more calories because I was going for longer than the days where I've ran further but in less time.

I didn't prepare my bag properly last night and went off to work this morning with no breakfast. I had to resort to a porridge pack I found in my drawer but it's not from my plan so I've had a few more carbs for breakfast than I planned but at least it was only a small increase on my normal pack compared to if I'd resorted to toast or something. I've decided to have 2 low carb meals to make up for it so I can keep my carbs below 50g. I had a tuna salad for dinner so that was minimal and I'm planning on having grilled mushrooms with quark cheese for tea and a shake for supper. I'm sitting waiting for the OH to get home, with my mushrooms and cheese on the table ready for me to cook. I am quite hungry so hoping he gets back soon but realistically I think it's going to be best part of an hour. Roll on him getting his bike back on the road and not having to resort to public transport.

I've found I've relaxed around food a little now and am allowing myself the odd small deviation, provided it's not going to do my loss any harm. I'm not talking Mcdonalds or KFC here, but yesterday I had a single rich tea biscuit as a snack during a training course because I was a little peckish and wasn't going to be having dinner for another 3 hours, and also earlier in the week the OH bought some cake back from work so I had a little bit of icing. I've also started having highlights hot chocolate occasionally with some squirty cream (no carbs). I figure whilst I'm burning extra calories I probably need to replace some of them but don't want to resort to having another meal pack, so a few calories and carbs doesn't appear to be doing any damage. If I've not had a day where I have plenty of calories or carbs left to play with then I'm not having anything extra as I wouldn't want to jeopardise anything, but it's also making me feel more in control that I can have something small without feeling the need to have an entire binge of anything. I feel I'm able to trust myself around food more now.

May need to reconsider dinner as just realised my quark went out of date on the 18th November :s don't think I'll risk it. Looks like I'm going to the shop.

May have to go shopping tomorrow after work, as I've decided I can't be bothered to head out in this awful weather as I'm cold as it is. I still need to find an outfit or at least make a decision about what to wear for this christening and the first party next week. I could potentially make it to 10 stone exactly by Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and here's a tip - don't leave any containers that you've used for any Slim & Save stuff sealed and forget about them. Firstly it's terrifying finding out your porridge has turned neon green and secondly the smell will make you throw up. I use my blender for my daily porridge and Friday was so busy I put it down and forgot to wash it then Ended up leaving for the weekend. Come Monday I was horrified at what was waiting for me in my office. What the hell do they put in this stuff that makes it go fluorescent green? It looked radioactive. A week later and the blender still smells of death. I'm having to keep washing, soaking and airing it in the hope of it fading. Ugh.

Ugh I feel sick. I had my large flat mushrooms grilled and topped with Philadelphia but as I got to the end I started to feel sick. No idea why as it was a straight forward simple meal, but bleh I'm feeling it now.

Ugh I feel sick. I had my large flat mushrooms grilled and topped with Philadelphia but as I got to the end I started to feel sick. No idea why as it was a straight forward simple meal, but bleh I'm feeling it now.

I hope you feel better soon!

Think there's tummy bugs doing the rounds, hope you feel better soon x

Thanks everyone. Had another upset stomach last night so not sure whether it's something I've eaten or just a symptom of my diet or even my IBS, which to be fair has been fairly well behaved since changing my diet.

On the plus side I may actually reach my mini goal sooner than I thought. I was hoping to be at least 10 stone exactly by Tuesday and today I am 10.0 3/4 so I only have 3/4 of a pound to go to my lowest weight in about 13 years.
First of our social events is tomorrow night when we are out for a friends birthday, but I think I'm going to drive and stick to diet coke as we've got this christening to go to on Sunday so I don't need a hangover and an early start, plus we are more likely to be able to leave at a reasonable time if I drive and also it means I won't deviate from my plan early.
Not sure about Sunday yet as they claim they are having a buffet. I think I'll have breakfast before we set off and put 2 bars in my bag incase, although the mum in law is also on about seeing us and she wanted to go out for a meal, so Sunday may or may not be the first proper meal I've had since I started, but even so I'll try and pick wisely. Maybe gammon steak as the meat will be low in carbs and is my favourite, depending on if she wants to go and where we go.

Went shopping today. For saying I've lost over 2 stone I still felt like crap when trying on all these clothes. My god they make you feel awful about yourself. I found a single pair of skinny jeans that fits me on my thighs but needs taking in a bit at the waist, and some shiny disco trousers, some boots, some heeled sandals, a tartan skirt, and some tops plus a dress. It took hours to get all that and most of it was from the same few shops as once I found somewhere that fit it was fairly safe that the other stuff would too.
Bit disappointed that I could get in some size 12s before I started loosing weight and today I've still had to buy stuff in 12s. Go figure.

Bought some more hair dye to try and get my colour just right before tomorrow night, so that's my day tomorrow going to be taken up.

Today has been very mixed. Although I've lost some more I feel quite crappy about my figure after today. Didn't help that one shop assistant while helping me do up a dress said "oh you have a lovely figure - kinda like a pear!". I know she was probably trying to be nice but all I heard in that comment is "you have a huge ass & thighs".

Well once I reach 10.0 I'll do some more comparison photos.

Hey hun, u started on your hair yet, hows the colour coming along, your doing so well, well done!! Youve practically hit 10st, i really commend u for being so straight headed going out while still being on plan.

Are u feeling any better today? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning,

Feeling a little better than yesterday's doom and gloom - I hate having to try on clothes at the best of times but these days every store seems to make up sizes so I have no choice as I've bought so much in the past and found when I get home it doesn't fit that I can't take the chance. Little glum that apparently I'm still a 12 despite loosing quite a bit, but I know that all my other stuff is now too big so it proves something's changed. Maybe I was just cramming myself into 12s in denial before. Either way, I'm going to aim for another stone loss yet, so that may change me to a size 10 once I get to 9 stone.

Going to start on my hair in a short while, just been doing some online shopping for some more food. Someone suggested Kee Diet so I had a look and some of their stuff is really really low carb so I've bought a load of stuff as I ink it's the carbs that are cocking me up quite frankly, as a short while ago when I switched from Lipotrim to Slim and Save I had a nightmare with my weight for 2 weeks and then someone suggested that I might not be able to tolerate the carb level S&S have as their plan so since trying to keep below 50g a day I seem to be loosing again. This other company however have shakes that are as low as 2gs of carbs a shake which compared to 16g per shake on S&S would be ideal. Yesterday for example I had porridge, a bar & a chilli pack and was over 50g of carbs yet they insist I have to have 4 meals a day, so I'm constantly giving up a meal for a highlights hot chocolate at 5g carbs instead. At least with this new stuff I can lower the amount per day by mixing my packs up. I've pretty much just ordered shakes, bars & porridge from them and then will use up my meal packs from S&S that way I should be ok to stay in my limits, although I think I'm going to need multi vitamins according to Kee Diet, as they recommend you take them along with their stuff, so I'll get some later.

I think tonight I will wear my new skinny jeans (with a belt until I can take them to work next week for the usual take in) and my new knee high heeled boots and one of my new tops. I have some shiny trousers for my next party, Xmas day or New Year (tight fitting on the legs again but stretchy so they are a little forgiving). I also have my new tartan mini (which I didn't try on, but I think it will fit as it looks about right) to decide when to wear.

I think I've got to go buy a tv for mum and dad today as well, so no doubt I'll be able to burn a few more calories running round the shops sorting that out.

Right, off to tackle the hair. Updated Pics to follow soon.

It's darker than I wanted as the roots are the right colour but because of all the bleach from my previous colour the ends won't hold the colour right, so I've run a darker colour through the ends in the hope that it will look about right after a few washes

I used to be that colour, was a bugger to get rid of when I got fed up x

Back