Kuromi's big journey diary

You have done so well, I can't wait to be where you are now. I'm going to be jumping for joy getting into the 11s never mind the 9s! I don't think I will ever wear a size 10 again but 12 will suit me just fine x

I forgot to include my pork stuffing ball too in that list, so I was quite impressed that if you can cope with having a single item then actually you can have quite a variety for little carbs.

Now I have a slight dilemma which is adjusting to the way my flex works. Now before I simply put approx 650-850 calories worth of food in on myfitnesspal and stayed below 50gs carbs and job done, however the fitbit likes you to set up how much you want to loose, so me being the ever competitive hardcore obsessive that I am has opted for the hardest level which is a 1k deficit per day on how many calories I've burnt over the day. I've had to tweak my settings on MFP to try and be as close to the fitbit settings as possible otherwise I've got conflicting information about how many calories I have left per day. I've today however still not met my daily allowance despite having 600 calories for dinner, and 2 shakes. I don't want to eat much more as A I'm not hungry and B I can't think of anything apart from cheese that's high in calories and not carbs. Thing is I have a thing for cheese, so 100gs soon turns I to 200 and before I know it I've eaten half the pack.

Also worth noting is how the fitbit dashboard works. I couldn't understand why it kept telling me I was a different weight on the dashboard to what the scales were showing me, then I realised because I've set it to stone it doesn't record 9.11 on the chart, as it's dividing the 14 pounds in a stone by 10, so instead I was getting a different figure of 9.9 and getting mixed up thinking the reading was incorrect. I've found since I've switched it to pounds now it's easier to read and make sense of. Therefore it is probably worth setting yours to pounds if you find you have the same issue as now it's showing me 137.3 which is accurate as I'm 9.11 1/4. Also now the chart that's shows pounds lost and still to go is right whereas again when it was in stones it was telling me I only had 1 pound to go until goal. I wish.

Fitbit has updated and is now telling me I am 70 calories over target, so therefore I've told the OH to get his trainers on and come for a quick walk with me before bedtime. That should actually earn me 4 of my daily targets as I'm close to 5 miles, 10k steps, 2k calories burnt and hitting my daily calorie intake. If nothing else this is going to make me go outside more as I hate being that close to targets and not hitting them.

Luv readin ur thread got funi parts in it wich makes me laf and so detailed well done on ur lossses i cnt wait till i reach the nines on the scales and 8 to 10 in jeans beeen soo long since i last wore jeans 'reminisin' ahhh gd timess espec skinny jeans luv em coz they go wit owt hehe...i will get into them sooon i hpe quicker then i hpe...xx

Happy new year Kuro :)

The fitbit sounds really good. I need to read up on how it works a bit more I think.
Does yours sync with MFP or are they separate?

Hi Kuro fans :) Yes the MFP and fitbit sync to each other so whatever you do on one reflects on the other, which makes life a lot easier than faffing about with loads of aps. I log my food on MFP as fitbit (here on in referred to as FB, not to be confused with Facebook) only have a few countries worth of food logs, not including the UK, so the calories carry over to FB but the details don't, but it doesn't really matter what it was it thinks you ate as long as the calories and nutrition are correct.

Took my clothes back to the shops. How glorious it was to stand there telling them that they are being returned as they are too big and then complaining because they didn't have my size in stock.

And I could have kissed the girl in Ann Summers. I wanted some tops they had ages ago but back then they didn't have anything in a size that didn't squeeze me in in all the wrong places and make me look like a sausage with string wrapped tightly round it, so today I went and bought an entire range in a size 10 as they now all fitted me and were in the sale. The zips were faulty so I got them all further reduced and I'll take them to work and get them sorted, but whilst I was trying to get the zip undone on one the assistant came to give me a hand and bless her she said "oh you have such a petite frame". I could have snogged her with joy that moment. Doubt it would have got me any further discount, but compared to that ***** the other week who told me I have a pear shape figure (I read into that as large with a big arse, quite frankly) this lovely young lady was my angel. I swear I heard a heavenly choir strike up and a light shine from behind her making her tiny size 8 frame and big glossy hair shimmer. Ok, well it didn't quite happen like that but it should have. She made my day. Infact she made me so happy I didn't turn into super ***** when dealing with the general public being their usual idiotic selves and queue jumping, pushing into me and the likes. I was walking round with such a grin on my face that everyone probably assumed I'd either just snorted some drugs or got laid. Or both.

I don't usually do new year resolutions but I think my first one should be to stop shopping pretty much as of now. Ok, maybe as of next week after I've been to pick up the stuff I've got ordered. But soon - I really need to stop maybe after just a few more pairs of jeans....

wow! how exciting! petite :D

I hate shopping (usually ends in tears!!) but remember how I used to like it when I was thin for about 2 years at the end of my teens - I just used to love trying stuff on, I can't wait to be able to do that again

so chuffed for you :)

Thank you, I've worked hard to get this far so it's nice now that I'm starting to at least feel it as only a month ago I still felt the same size as before. I still do feel big so am in disbelief that I can actually get in a 10 now, but I'm starting to come round to the idea.

Well today started off well enough and then I had lunch. I'm off out for my final eye liner tattoo session shortly so thought I'll grab some food and opted for some bacon. I loaded up the Airfryer and sat munching my way through it while talking to a friend about the diet and showing him the aps, my fitbit etc and then realised the bacon I've logged is a massive 10g of carbs. I've double checked and the pack says the same. I'm not buying Morrisons Nume bacon again as normal bacon is only 0.2g per 100g and this is over 6g. I feel really annoyed now as meat should be meat so what have they done to it to make it so high in carbs? I naively thought that all bacon would be the same but clearly not. Damn Morrisons with their misleading "diet" bacon that's actually worse than normal bacon. It's like all these diet products where they advertise as being low in calories but instead are through the roof with other ingredients that are just as bad for you.
At least I spotted it now instead of thinking I've only got a few carbs left so I'll have bacon later and ending up way over schedule. Also a new lesson that I should always check the packs of stuff I've not had before as different brands can be way different in content.

Anyway, I got my new items sorted. Took the zips out and stitched them back up and you would never have known there was a zip there before. The items are elastic acted so I should be able to just pull them on without issue.

Also I bought myself a Sensationail kit from Boots yesterday for a mere £69.99. I used to pay £20 every 2 weeks to have my nails done with Shellac professionally, but tbh I've looked at my handy work from yesterday and it's not bad at all for a first effort. The Polish is a very pale pink, so I could have done with another coat really to get a solid colour, but I did do it by lamp light, whilst watching tv, so not bad at all. I'm going to look at buying some more colours as pale pink is nice and all for holidays but not really "my" colour. Maybe Amazon do them?

Last edited:
I've seen a home shellac kit on Amazon I want, as I had my first shellac polish done before xmas and I love it so much! Can't afford to get it done again though so i'm having it removed tomorrow *cry*

Thinking about getting the home kit for my birthday next month, only thing is i'm a bit messy putting nail varnish on and it looks like a six year old has done it!!

It's not that bad to put on, like thin so as long as you wipe the brush off quite well you can work with a little at a time. There's an art to it and practice makes perfect so therefore you should keep trying until you master it :)

I am still the same weight today as I have been for a few days which is annoying. I'm thinking Fitbit might be misleading me into eating more than I need to by telling me I just need to eat 1k less a day than I'm burning, rather than just sticking to the usual 650-850 I usually do. Either way, I've had a good day I guess. Got up and went out to the post office to collect my parcel, dropped it off at the house then carried on walking and did just short of 4.5 miles, then had an apricot shake and a nap then showered, did several loads of laundry and went out the the bike shop for some parts and also trialled a few motor bikes in the show room trying to find one I like for later this year once I get my test done.
Over the course of the day I'm just short of 6 miles which I will do before bedtime. I've also done over 14k steps and had all my water, active minutes etc.

Had bacon and a fiery cheese omelette for tea and a caramel nut bar and am now just waiting til about 9pm when I'll go make a shake for supper. Might even try making it thicker and making a pudding tonight as I've just realised I've never tried them like that yet.

I'm frustrated with the scales as they are not budging again. According to them I've gained 0.5 lbs over night, which is 1 lb up since my lowest weight last week. I still have no signs I'm in ketosis apart from more random bruises appearing on my thigh. I've not had the bad breath for more than the odd occasion which passes as soon as I drink, rather than it lingering like it did before, and my pee sticks are not changing colour. I know that not everyone gets obvious signs but I did at least know the first time I started on LT.

I should end the day on 29gs of carbs and 625 calories which should be well within the VLCD range, so hoping that if I can continue like this for a week I'll get some definite sign. I'm wondering if I've overdone the calories due to Fitbit telling me I've got more calories left than I actually should be on and if that's causing me to have plateaued? It works on you sticking to a 1k deficit to what you are burning daily, but if you've had a busy day at can actually mean you are having up to and over 1.4k calories which is over the VLCD range. I'm going to ignore the fitbit recommendation and stick to the original calorie range and see if that can kick start the loss again.

Back to work tomorrow full time, as I've been part time over the last 3 weeks for Christmas, so that means I can go to the gym at lunch time. I think I'll do some slow jogging and walking rather than running and do a bit of fat burning that way. Hopefully if I do that for a few days I'll get back into it and drop again. I've got 19lbs to go to goal which I should be able to do in about 6 weeks if I actually start loosing again anytime soon. If I really don't budge soon I will stick to just shakes for a few days, although ideally I'd rather not as I get cold when not eating a meal.

Got some more housework done today and took stuff to the tip. I also did some shopping but this time instead of spending on clothes and stuff, it was essentials such as a dryer hose and a light bulb and a few other boring things. I'm going to try and not spend any more money on non essentials for the rest of the month, and see if I can break the habit of spending instead of eating. I have however ordered a new gel nail polish (I got on for £4 rather than £15 as it should be) in a colour a bit more me so at least I can sit and do my nails when bored :)

Finally this morning the scales have dropped. Another random bruise should indicate I'm back in ketosis even if nothing else is.
I've caught up on my extra pound and dropped to 9.10 3/4 which was long overdue. I'm pretty certain therefore that I was indeed overdoing the calories and therefore was not in proper weight loss VLCD mode.

Today started off promising with my new Apple & Cinnamon porridge for breakfast and then a combined walk/jog/sprint session at lunch. And that's where it went a bit wrong. See I'd been thinking the battery in my fitbit seemed to be doing awesome as it advertises it lasts about 5 days and mine seemed to still be going 7 days later. Until lunchtime. I was literally just coming to 4 miles and was waiting for it to tick over to my 5 miles over the day achievement when it died on me. I was distraught. You'd think I'd just ran over a cat the way I was going on. I've had to go all afternoon with nothing being recorded and it felt like I'd lost my arm. I thought getting withdrawals from my phone was bad but this topped that. This was going to be my best day so far and it died on me. It's on charge now by doesn't want to sync whilst charging so I don't know what info it saved before death.
I'm having a bath while I wait in the hope I've not lost too much as I so want to beat some of the others on my friend list.

I'm going to do it again all week but just knowing I've lost out on an entire afternoons worth of info has deflated me :(

Oh well, at least I have a new weight to show for it.

Went food shopping and ended up buying some new pjs as mine are pretty much so big now the trousers keep falling down. I got 2 pairs of some cute Disney Thumper ones from Asda in a size 8-10 which was a lovely change. I got a fleecy pair and a pair that look like jogging bottoms. The fleece fit fine but the jogging bottom type are a little tight on the legs.

Got back and whilst trying on my new pjs I took the opportunity to weight myself and I've gone down another 1/2 pound, so am now 9.10 1/4 - so chuffed at that as I was worried I'd got stuck, and had a nice surprise this morning and then get another little reward after my busy day.

My fitbit had died at 4.98 miles at 12:45 so all the afternoons movements have been missed but at least I got another mile and a bit in over the evening including shopping giving me a finish of 6.11 miles. Could have been more like 7 if it had still recorded, but oh well. Lesson learnt for future that I shouldn't believe the battery monitor on the app and should charge it every few days just incase.

My new shoe boots have been delivered at Schuh as they text me to let me know I can go collect as of today, so that's a quick trip after work tomorrow. Might swing by Asda and swap the pj bottoms for the next size up as I would like them to be a little looser I think with them being pjs, as I don't like tight clothing when I'm trying to sleep.

Just got my final shake in for the day so heading to bed in a mo. Had a salad with some Bernard Matthew Turkey Tikka pieces for tea and it was quite nice with a dash of salad cream. I also had a S&S Thai soup at dinner. It was okay but I'm glad I didn't order loads of them as it's not really something I think I'd want again, especially being as I can't eat it with bread.

I'm still in shock, but having said that I think it still depends on the brand & material. I bought some trousers today in a 10 and can't get them over my thighs yet I have the same size from the same company in a different fabric and they fit fine.

I'm now 9.10 :D maybe in the next 48hours I might see 9.9 on there.

Yea our bodies are something else. I have jeans that fits in 10s but other 10s dont fit. I dont get it. Its either im a 10 or im not lol

. Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's the designers and manufacturers as Primark is a prime example of clothes not following the same size guide even in the same shop. Granted these new trousers are ridged whereas the others by the same brand have a little give in them so they fit nicely. I might take them back and try some in a 12 on when I have more time at the weekend.
I decided to keep my other pjs as they do fit, just a little snug as they are designed that way, but I figured if I buy bigger then the waist will be loose again.

Today's food was porridge, shake, lamb neck fillets with mint yogurt sauce a glass of Lambrini light and 4 chocolate fingers. The fingers weren't intentional however the OH is sitting filling his face again and I figured I could probably get away with a few fingers as long as I don't over do it. I have worked out today again and although I'm trying to stay low calories I've not exactly gone mad.

Yh ur right. They need to stick to the same size guidelines. I love lamb neck, actually i hate lambrini but my sister loves it lol. U ate a few treats but u hardly went mad like i did yesterday lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back