kwik fit?

Kwik fit insurance- chocolate tea-pot springs to mind, remembering when DH had his car stolen and torched while we were a long way from home on an anniversary weekend break.

Not overly impressed with our local KF tyre place either, but maybe thats a local thing rather than company wide?

I wouldnt go near places like KF unless it was a total emergency. Maybe Im being unfair here, but my experience has always been theyre out to make as much money from you as they can.

I went in to get a tyre replaced and was told when I went back 'While the car was on the ramps we noticed your exhaust is falling apart' Firstly now Im no mechanic but I DO know my car doesnt need to be on a ramp to get a tyre changed and secondly there was nothing wrong with my exhaust. It was still on the car when I traded it in some 18 months later.

Ive gone to them with punctures to be told my tyre is knackered and needs replaced, only for the wee garage round the corner to repair it at a cost of £3.

Personally Id shop around, ask friends/colleagues to recommend a garage they go to. One who wont rip you off and will only do work to your car thats totally necessary

I regularly used Kwik Fit in the past for all my car troubles but that was only because my brother was manager of the local one and I knew he'd make sure I wasn't fleeced! He was a mechanic in the army for 20 odd years so he knows what he's doing - unlike some of the school leavers employed in some garages!

Wouldn't go to them now though, because I used another garage that was recommended to me.:D

My BFs a mechanic for a small independent local garage and therefore we would never go to anywhere like Kwik Fit.... have heard too many stories like Starlights! xxx

Back