kwik fit?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cjtj, 7 August 2008 Social URL.

1. cjtj

cjtj Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    hey! thought i'd post this here... as the other forum i go on (which will remain nameless:D) Just bite your head off...

Anyone go too kwik fit regularly?
    Have their MOT or Service there?

Just looking for reviews from people...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I have never been there but I am curious about the other forum!

4. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Kwik fit insurance- chocolate tea-pot springs to mind, remembering when DH had his car stolen and torched while we were a long way from home on an anniversary weekend break.

Not overly impressed with our local KF tyre place either, but maybe thats a local thing rather than company wide?

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wouldnt go near places like KF unless it was a total emergency. Maybe Im being unfair here, but my experience has always been theyre out to make as much money from you as they can.

I went in to get a tyre replaced and was told when I went back 'While the car was on the ramps we noticed your exhaust is falling apart' Firstly now Im no mechanic but I DO know my car doesnt need to be on a ramp to get a tyre changed and secondly there was nothing wrong with my exhaust. It was still on the car when I traded it in some 18 months later.

Ive gone to them with punctures to be told my tyre is knackered and needs replaced, only for the wee garage round the corner to repair it at a cost of £3.

Personally Id shop around, ask friends/colleagues to recommend a garage they go to. One who wont rip you off and will only do work to your car thats totally necessary

6. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    I regularly used Kwik Fit in the past for all my car troubles but that was only because my brother was manager of the local one and I knew he'd make sure I wasn't fleeced! He was a mechanic in the army for 20 odd years so he knows what he's doing - unlike some of the school leavers employed in some garages!

Wouldn't go to them now though, because I used another garage that was recommended to me.:D

7. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My BFs a mechanic for a small independent local garage and therefore we would never go to anywhere like Kwik Fit.... have heard too many stories like Starlights! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.