Lack of motivation

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by *jillian*, 20 March 2014 Social URL.

1. *jillian*

*jillian* Member

Since I have decided it is time to change my eating habits it seems I eat worse and more. I need motivation and self control. Does anyone else have this issue and what do you do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fay737731

Fay737731 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.9lb(4.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Usually when I start a diet it's because I have a burst of motivation or determination and they last maybe 2 weeks, a month tops. This time however was a bit different...I just resigned myself to being miserable (because I love food) for the next 6 months and went with a VLCD (Cambridge was my choice) that took food away from me comlpetely so I wouldn't have those moments when I let myself "tweak" a diet meal a bit...then the next day more...then day 3 a LOT. I was very much surprised. The rapid results made me want to keep going and that was the motivation I needed short term. Here I am 5.5 stone down and it's not motivation that keeps me going but commitment to one day being a size 14 and having more energy and enjoying life more.

Have you tried Cambridge before? I am a believer that there is a diet out there for everyone that makes us actually re-evaluate our lifestyle rather than just intend to or have good thoughts about it but not do anything. It can be expensive (£45 a week ish) but it really worked for me.

When I say it woked for me...the first attempt lasted 2 weeks but the second time I have been doing it for 8 months. It's all about getting a good consultant as well!

We will see how I get on with the self control element when I am at my goal weight.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.