lack of sleep no weightloss?

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
does anyone know if theres a connection to lack of sleep and not losing weight?

Oh dear, hope not as I've been up half the night with calls from work and am wrecked now!! Grrrrrr!!

done some reasearch on it and it seems it does if you are getting less than 7.5 hrs a night. it says your metabolism is slower when you are sleep-deprived.

I've only ever done this diet sleep deprived lol I average anywhere from 3 to 7 hours sleep a night (thanks to a lovely 8 month old) I loose around 3lbs a week even when I'm not sticking to it 100%…would love to see what results I could get if I slept properly and stuck to the CD rules!!…mmm sleep haha I can wish!

It makes me crave carbs very badly! :( At the moment I am getting 2 hours at a time, and no rem sleep is killing me! :cry:

Divster said:
It makes me crave carbs very badly! :( At the moment I am getting 2 hours at a time, and no rem sleep is killing me! :cry:

I've had hardly any sleep for the past few days due to work and I've been finding sticking to plan a bit of a struggle....so it definitely affects your mindset....all I could think of today was fooooooodddd :-0

yeah know the feeling i was riding though town centre today and there was so many takeaways and they smelt lovely and since being on this it hasn't bothered me.

I've only ever done this diet sleep deprived lol I average anywhere from 3 to 7 hours sleep a night (thanks to a lovely 8 month old) I loose around 3lbs a week even when I'm not sticking to it 100%…would love to see what results I could get if I slept properly and stuck to the CD rules!!…mmm sleep haha I can wish!

OMG!! I don't know how you manage! I have a 4 month old and she goes to bed about 7.30pm and wakes up at 8am - then back an hour later for another three hours! I wonder if too much sleep can affect your weightloss.........:D

Ooh, I feel for you!!

OMG!! I don't know how you manage! I have a 4 month old and she goes to bed about 7.30pm and wakes up at 8am - then back an hour later for another three hours! I wonder if too much sleep can affect your weightloss.........:D

Ooh, I feel for you!!

Tell me about it!! combine that with working 37 hours a week and I'm generally knackered 24/7 lol :sigh:

Nevermind it's all worth it! x

I honestly don't know how you function each day. I work full time (I have five kids, so I go to work for a rest!!) and will go back of mat leave in September when Orla is about 9 months and I'm hoping she'll be a great sleeper still then, or I'd never be able to keep up! All of my kids have slept well thankfully!! I'm very lucky!

I think you are doing amazingly well - when I'm tired I just feel like stuffing my face and drinking lots of wine!

Back