Lack of water?

Hi,

Anyone know of any consequences for not drinking enough water. I'm trying to get it above the 1ltr mark but it is killing me, especially as i dont need it to make me feel full between mealtimes . I am fortunate to not be getting any hunger pangs after day 3 ( despite the citric acid in my drinks thank god im not CA sensitive) , so water intake has slowly dropped off the radar and i'm consuming diet coke drinks and thats about it.

Is there any real danger of not enough water, or is it just to fill you up between mealtimes?

Thanks x

You absolutely need to have at least 3 litres a day. It WILL affect you health wise and weightless wise. 1 litre a day is nowhere near enough

Fill a bottle in the morning and make sure it's gone by the end of the day. I take a 500ml bottle with me and make sure I drink at least 3 of them then have a couple of pints when I get back. Or try a peppermint tea, you need the water hun x

You honestly do need to have your 2-3 litres a day. Remember the body usually extracts water from the foods we eat, alongside what we drink. Being on a VLCD, there isn't conventional food for it to extract the water from so it's vital you make this up with drinking fluids.

You'll make yourself ill in the long run if you don't keep up your water intake.

the average cup/glass holds around 250ml of fluid, thats just 4 glasses, i only drink 4 cups of water but i do have a milkshake and a soup which adds another 500ml of fluid plus i drink 3 cups of coffee and around 4 cups of decaff coffee so before you know it there is a hell of a lot of fluid. it does add up, just try and lay of the diet coke and you will soon be filling up on water. do you not find pop makes you thirstier, also i find if i dont have enough water i tend to get dizzy and all out of sync, your body needs it. a little tip though, if you are out and about in the day, drink what you can manage but once you are home and plan to go no where fill up on fluid then, you can wee all you like and not worry then lol

The water they advise is in addition to all the packs - I split my packs & make each half with 400ml water to get my extra water, could you try that? I have to have at least 2 litres a day otherwise I get headaches & water infections!!

Thanks for the replies!! I honestly didnt think it was so important but i have realised it is now and i dont want health or my weight loss to have consequences just because i cant knock back some water so i have upped my game today (definitely hit at least 2 litres) and ive made a promise to myself that i will finish a 500 ml bottle within a hour of waking up and also going to bed , and the rest should be alot easier throughout the day :D ... The hot weather thankfully now is having me calling out for fluids so theres that positive from this baking heat !

SPEA --- I really think the diet coke thing is just habit ive formed over time and i think that its the only thing that will quench my thirst so i really do need to just crack down on it!! i bought some really cheap mineral water from aldi and popped them in the freezer and fridge so theyll be ice cold , and i should turn to them!! just the old habits die hard malarkey :(

Back