Ladies that munch

Well done on the losses!

Naz don't leave us! I've had an appalling few weeks only losing 1.5lbs over 3 weeks and lost 2lbs tonight! It does come off eventually!

Hi Superstar Naz

I did Lighter Life last year. I lasted 6 weeks on it and lost 1½ stone which is great but there are down sides.

Firstly its really, really hard - you cant eat ANYTHING just shakes, 1 bar a day and lots and lots of water. I became obsessed with food, with the smell of it. It drove me crazy when people eat near me I wanted to grab it out of their hands. The other thing is that as soon as you come off it, in most cases the weight just goes back on. Obviously there are exceptions and people have kept it off for good but its a long process of 14 weeks total abstinence followed by several weeks of maintenance and then slowly reintroducing food. I wouldn't recommend it other than as a quick fix if you are going on holiday and want to lose a few pounds quickly. Also when I came of it my metabolism was completely shot. I went straight back to SW and stuck to the diet religously but I was putting on weight every week rather than lossing because my body was storing every little thing I eat.

Have I think about it seriously before doing it. x

Hi Superstar Naz

I did Lighter Life last year. I lasted 6 weeks on it and lost 1½ stone which is great but there are down sides.

Firstly its really, really hard - you cant eat ANYTHING just shakes, 1 bar a day and lots and lots of water. I became obsessed with food, with the smell of it. It drove me crazy when people eat near me I wanted to grab it out of their hands. The other thing is that as soon as you come off it, in most cases the weight just goes back on. Obviously there are exceptions and people have kept it off for good but its a long process of 14 weeks total abstinence followed by several weeks of maintenance and then slowly reintroducing food. I wouldn't recommend it other than as a quick fix if you are going on holiday and want to lose a few pounds quickly. Also when I came of it my metabolism was completely shot. I went straight back to SW and stuck to the diet religously but I was putting on weight every week rather than lossing because my body was storing every little thing I eat.

Have I think about it seriously before doing it. x

Oh how grim :( I love my food too much to get all obsessive and mental over it :rolleyes:

I know SW works and when I am truly finished my hols I will be back to 100%. If I cheat I'm just cheating myself :wave_cry:

Good morning ladies :D How is everyone?? Iv been poorly again :( but been to the doctor this time and iv had a stomach virus. Im loads better now tho. Lost 3lb this morning, which im happy with again. That's half a stone this month alone!! Whoop whoop!!

Nazzy - are you still with us?? :break_diet: Hope you are :) xx

Did everyone have a good weekend?? xx

Last edited:
God it quiet on here eh? I am back, holidays are officially over and SW is back on the cards!

Super well done TT!! You are windmilling along now lady, put us all to shame honey! ;)

xxx

God it quiet on here eh?

Its way too quiet :( Dunt like!!

OMG - its just started thundering here :( My lil man is in a swimming competition this afternoon, so im going to do the proud mum bit and cheer him on :) Cant wait...my first official mumzi-cheering chance, lol. My car is broke tho, so im bussing it into town, then walking to the leisure centre, then vice versa back to work, then bussing home :( Can't wait to get my baby back...feel like my arm has been chopped off lol xx

Seems like its just you and me chicky :p

Glad the wee man did so well at his swim meet! :clap:

Was out with mum today after my Zumba session. Had lunch while we were out and its so blooming hard to find something SW friendly! I ended up having a baked tattie with prawn marie rose....:confused: the salad was pitifull but I ate mums peas to try and make up for it! :D

Been to the private podiatrist and fingers crossed I am on the way to walking normally!
Have new insoles to sort out how I walk and after half a day with them my poor tootsies ache!! :cry:

Was out with mum today after my Zumba session. Had lunch while we were out and its so blooming hard to find something SW friendly! I ended up having a baked tattie with prawn marie rose....:confused: the salad was pitifull but I ate mums peas to try and make up for it! :D

Been to the private podiatrist and fingers crossed I am on the way to walking normally!
Have new insoles to sort out how I walk and after half a day with them my poor tootsies ache!! :cry:

Yeah...hopefully, you'll be back to normal in no time. I have to wear the spazinsoles too :eek: They take a while to get used to, but I certainly know about it now if I don't wear em for a day or so.

What's prawn marie rose?

I had a day off plan yesterday...not planned, but I had chip butty wi mayo for lunch, then curry n rice for tea, followed by chocolate biscuits and a yorkie :( Back to plan today tho, and altho I was hoping that the boys were gunna leave half a bacon sarni this morning, I munched on my all bran, lol. Salad for lunch, and mushy pea curry for tea. That's the plan anyways :p xx

Well its a gain for me today :( I was expecting it really. Its first week iv actually eaten properly for a couple of weeks, and I pigged out Tuesday....but ill take the consequences and get back on and hopefully have a good loss next time.

Good luck ladies.... xx

Oh well TT this week is a fresh start! :)

My WI is at 5.30. Really hoping it's a loss! I want to drink that champagne soon!

I feel lighter bizarrely even though I've not been counting my syns. Eek. but that never normally means much does it? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks! Thought I'd better show my face!

Lost 1lb :) now into the 9 stone bracket so I'm chuffed :)

Yeah...hopefully, you'll be back to normal in no time. I have to wear the spazinsoles too :eek: They take a while to get used to, but I certainly know about it now if I don't wear em for a day or so.

What's prawn marie rose?

My foot feels better already, but its my body that aches!

Marie rose is seafood sauce, the pink stuff you always get ;)

Oh well TT this week is a fresh start! :)

My WI is at 5.30. Really hoping it's a loss! I want to drink that champagne soon!

I feel lighter bizarrely even though I've not been counting my syns. Eek. but that never normally means much does it? Lol

Hey EC thats a lovely pic :)

Thanks! Thought I'd better show my face!

Lost 1lb :) now into the 9 stone bracket so I'm chuffed :)

Well done for getting to the 9st bracket! :D

I have gained 2lb over my hols, so glad it wasnt the half stone I was expecting!!! :eek:

I didnt know this but....

'Marie Rose' is a misspelling which first started to appear in the 1990's with the fad for 'French-ifying' food names. The origin is British. A Royal Navy (UK) chef providing catering to the dive on the wreck of the Mary Rose in 1981 in Portsmouth Harbour (Hampshire, UK) was left without a sauce to accompany prawns - he mixed some ingredients he had to hand (originally tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcester sauce and salt) and the sauce was named after the wreck being dived - Mary Rose.

So now you know :p
Oh do you like smoked salmon at all? There is a recipe in the new mag for SS pate.....:)

Last edited:
Marie Rose sauce has been around for decades - albeit it was just plain old prawn cocktail but I remember my mum making it when I was little. That was what she used to make for her and my dads anniversary meals and Xmas Day lol. I used to love helping to make it. I remember she had special prawn cocktail glasses :). I expect the Marie Rose name came from the Mary Rose but the chef can't take credit for creating the sauce :) (clearly it was my mum who did that :giggle: . )

Last edited:
Well i put a lb on this morning :( and iv got the inlaws over again for the week, so i need to try really hard and focus and not let it put me off. They just bring so many nice and naughty things into the house and practically ram it down my neck lol xx

Well i put a lb on this morning :( and iv got the inlaws over again for the week, so i need to try really hard and focus and not let it put me off. They just bring so many nice and naughty things into the house and practically ram it down my neck lol xx

:D Oh how I have visions of your mother in law sitting on your chest forcing a cake in your gob!!!

Back