Lamb Hotpot

Legomom81

I've just made this and it was lovely :)

Serves 4

400g either extra lean lamb mince or finely diced lean lamb steaks
2 celery stalks finely chopped
One onion finely chopped
One large carrot finely chopped
Four medium mushrooms finely chopped
Two cloves garlic
Two teaspoons of Worcester sauce
Two teaspoons of thyme
500 ml of beef stock
Really good twist of pepper
Enough sliced new potatoes to cover your dish. I used about 300g but its a deep dish so you may need more in a larger dish.

Brown your lamb, using kitchen roll to blot any excess oil. Add all your finely chopped veg and sweat off until they begin to soften. You wont news to fully cook your veg as its going in the oven later. Add your garlic and thyme and cook in for a few minutes. Add your stock and Worcester sauce, simmer for a few minutes and taste. Season well and pour the kit into your casserole dish. Layer the sliced potatoes on top trying to cover the whole dish with no gaps. Spray with a little frylight. Bake on a medium heat for 45 mins with the lid on then remove the lid, spray with frylight again and return to the oven for another 30 mins or until golden on top and the potatoes are soft all through. Be aware that the size of your dish and thickness of your potato slices will affect the cooking time so keep an eye on it!!! Serve with fresh greens and extra gravy if you wish.

Last edited:
This sounds yummy I am going to try this for dinner tomorrow... Thanks for this! Mmmmm :)

I've just made this and it was lovely :)

Serves 4

400g either extra lean lamb mince or finely diced lean lamb steaks
2 celery stalks finely chopped
One onion finely chopped
One large carrot finely chopped
Four medium mushrooms finely chopped
Two cloves garlic
Two teaspoons of Worcester sauce
Two teaspoons of thyme
500 ml of beef stock
Really good twist of pepper
Enough sliced new potatoes to cover your dish. I used about 300g but its a deep dish so you may need more in a larger dish.

Brown your lamb, using kitchen roll to blot any excess oil. Add all your finely chopped veg and sweat off until they begin to soften. You wont news to fully cook your veg as its going in the oven later. Add your garlic and thyme and cook in for a few minutes. Add your stock and Worcester sauce, simmer for a few minutes and taste. Season well and pour the kit into your casserole dish. Layer the sliced potatoes on top trying to cover the whole dish with no gaps. Spray with a little frylight. Bake on a medium heat for 45 mins with the lid on then remove the lid, spray with frylight again and return to the oven for another 30 mins or until golden on top and the potatoes are soft all through. Be aware that the size of your dish and thickness of your potato slices will affect the cooking time so keep an eye on it!!! Serve with fresh greens and extra gravy if you wish.

Sound Delicious!! I will have to give this a go very soon. :)

This sounds lovely. I have written it in my meal plan for this week :)

This sounds great!

How many syns would this be on an Original Day?

Thanks

Helen ?

Back