Lamb Rogan Josh and Rice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by sarahm85, 26 August 2010 Social URL.

1. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    Serves 4
    Free on EE, 17.5 syns on Green, 20 syns on Red.

frylight
    2lb/908g lamb shoulder cut into large bite size pieces
    2 large onions sliced
    3 crushed garlic cloves
    2 tsp ground ginger
    2 cinnamon sticks
    5 tbsp curry powder
    two 400g tins chopped tomatoes
    1 tsp sweetener
    7floz/198ml beef stock
    1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
    salt
    black pepper
    cooked basmati rice and fat free natural yoghurt to serve
    fresh coriander to garnish

Spray flame proof casserole dish with fry light, cook the lamb in batches for 3-4 mins until browned. Set aside and keep warm.

Add onions to dish, cook over medium heat for 10-12 mins, stirring often. Add garlic, ginger and cinnamon and stir fry for 1-2 mins. Add lamb and curry powder, stir fry or further 2-3 mins.

Add tomatoes, sweetener, stock and peppers. Add seasoning. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 2 hours until lamb is tender.

Serve with rice and yogurt on the side, and sprinkle corainder over the curry.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Looks good, but 2lbs of lamb and 2 cans of tomatoes for 4 servings??!! - seems rather a lot

I remember the post from the earlier thread - the big jump to 20 syns on original just for a bit of rice does seem a bit excessive - but thats what they put in the mag so it must be right (it wasnt for the whole thing rather than per serving was it?)

Not that it matters to me - I do extra easy anyway (is there enough inclusive veg in the curry to count as your 1/3 superfree? I'd be tempted to stick a bit of broccoli on the side just in case)

4. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for this :)

I will gove it a go & hopefully it will be as yummy as it sounds :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.