Lapland

Ariana

Wishful Shrinking
Me and Mr Ariana have booked to go to Lapland over the Christmas week which should be lovely. Already booked 2 trips- Husky riding on Christmas day and another trip snowmobiling and ice fishing. I'm so excitied, I've always wanted to go there for Christmas :D

Awwww thats fab, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

DH and I were there for our first Christmas together a couple of years ago. I was very magical :)

The huskies were so very cute.

Which resort are you going to?

We were at Rovaniemi in Finland

xx

We're staying in Rovaniemi too. I've been there before, but just for a day trip up from Helsinki.
Im glad you enjoyed it, was there a lot of things open over christmas?

Which hotel are you staying at? - we stayed at the Rantasipi Pohjanhovi next to the river.

The main shops etc were closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. However, all of the attractions were open and the restaurants and the bars were all open.
There were also some little wooden huts open for most of the visit in Lourdy Square selling traditional wooden christmas gifts :)

We went to a fabulous mexican(I think)restaurant called Amarillo the one night.

Our package was:
Arrive on Xmas Eve - Dinner at hotel in the evening.
Xmas morning - Winter wonderland
Xmas night - Dinner at Santa's house
Boxing Day - The North Pole and Santa's village.
27th - shopping in the morning and then flew back to the UK in the afternoon.

These were taking on christmas morning: The little dots on the horizon are reindeers :D

and the beautiful huskies :)

I hope you have a fabulous time :)
xx

We booked at the city hotel. Staying for 5 nights plus 2 nights in Helsinki when transerring to and from there to Lapland.
Great pics, thanks for the info, I had thought the attractions etc woudl be open but its nice to have it confirmed :D
We've booked everything ourselves so nothing is organised for us, but we've booked the 2 trips direct with one of the safaris online.

Back