Lapse - not good!!!

Bellisdaisy

Hi all!

Well after 4 weeks of being religious with the diet I was invited to a girly night in at my sister in law's with a few other friends and family members etc. As I had lost so much weight in such a short time and had been good I thought 'sod it' and went along! I had a chinese (kung po chicken with boiled rice) and had three 330ml cans of cider. I couldn't believe it when I started to feel ill shortly after eating the meal!!!!
To cut a long story short, I ended up with very nasty gripey stomach pains, felt shakey and was home by 11.30!! My body then rejected the carbs!!!:sick0019:

I have had a chat with a friend of mine that started Dukan after I did and she lapsed on her son's birthday this week (although she only had a couple of chips and some birthday cake) and she had the same result!!!

Don't know if anybody here has had this problem but just thought I'd share in case anybody was thinking of having a lapse evening!!! I just thought it would be a case of gaining a pound or two and having to pull it back over the course of this week. Well yes that did happen too, but it wasn't worth it!!!

I came off Dukan th first time round coz I was sick whilst doing it and I never throw up so it was my time to stop, that night I had toast and a kit kat for my dinner and was fine! I think we all get affected by carbs etc differently. Alcohol on Dukan is not good at all though

Oh dear that sounds awful - but it was probably the alcohol rather than the carbs! Hope you get better soon and just hop back on to where you left off :) no need for another attack...

I have no problem with alcohol on dukan, and didnt the whole last year I have been low carb. In my case it is the carbs that make me unwell, years ago I hated eating out as I would always get ill (dizzy, shakes, nausea, sweating) due to eating more carbs than I was used to (never really did like carbs much). I took me years to find out it was the effect of the carbs to sugar in my body making me so ill. I was overloading myself every time, starter, main, desert.....Now when I eat out I avoid the carbs, have alcohol and I'm fine! Read up on what carbs do to the body for a fuller understanding, it's quite scary, and why I will stay low carb for ever. If memory serves Dukan isnt very technical about what carbs do, unlike other low carb diet writers, bit of a shame really.

I am the same, makes me sooooo unwell, when I have been off of them! Sick, shaky, tummy pain, and soooo tired...could sleep for a week! xx

I think it is the carbs more than the alcohol too as my friend had the same result. I am not complaining though as it is an extra incentive to not lapse!!! To be perfectly honest though, I am not really missing carbs as much as I thought I would. When I had the chinese, as nice as it was, it was not 'oh my god I've missed you you're amazing'!!!
I have lost weight this week so far and am sticking with it for the foreseeable future . Official weigh day is Monday so I'll update my stats then :)

I second the msg I have an intolerance to it makes me feel I'm having a heart attack the pain in my chest and tummy is so severe :( x

Back