Laser vision correction

I can't remember what my eyes are, I know i'm not as blind as most of my friends :p (We try out each others glasses randomly). I know I have the astigmatism thing or whatever it's called lol. Hope it can still be done with that. Just want rid of these glasses, theyre too much hassle! lol

I can't remember what my eyes are, I know i'm not as blind as most of my friends :p (We try out each others glasses randomly). I know I have the astigmatism thing or whatever it's called lol. Hope it can still be done with that. Just want rid of these glasses, theyre too much hassle! lol

Yeah astigmatism's no prob, I have it too.

I think the £395 per eye is very misleading. Mine was just short of £3,000. They get you in the chair, tell you how fantastic it will be, show you the basic op and how they do it then they bring out the all dancing all singing expensive version with the quick recovery, no need for contact bandages at the start, how very fast it is and how it can correct night vision problems and before you know it you have signed up for the expensive version.

It did not hurt, was over in 15mins for both eyes and I could see perfectly that night....... then one eye failed and I had to have flap re-lift and corrective op. Brilliant. Better than perfect vision. Then the other eye failed and I had to have a second flap-lift corrective op.

However, it is the best thing I have done. Expensive. Even after the third op I would still advise anyone to go and get it done.

It works out after a few years that you would have spent that much on contacts and check-ups. The first few weeks when you can get out of bed and SEE immediately are fantastic.

Hi Mrs Z, did they charge you for extra ops?

They didn't charge - don't think they would have dared! What was supposed to be an afternoon off work turned out to be a full weeks worth of holiday entitlement with the extra 24hour checkups after the second and third ops.

I have had my eyes done for about 3 years now. my prescription was only slight before at 1.5 and 1.75 but still i needed to wear glasses. I had a recent eye test which measured my vision at 0.5 and i also have a friend who had hers done a few years ago and now has to wear glasses, so it is not always for life.

I echo what others say in that there is no such thing as a £395 op. I would budget at least £1000 per eye. Mine cost just over £2000, they bamboozle you with bullshit really and when it comes to your eyes who is actually going to question whether what they say is a sales pitch or fact. They told me I could go for the £895 per eye but if I wanted the wavefront technology which could prevent night halos, that would be extra and I couldnt have it done afterwards if I did get night halos. They said my corneas were thin and that is why i would not be eligible for the 395 per eye.

When it comes to your eyes you just dont want to take any chances.

good luck

See, that's my concern, Karen. Eyesight deteriorates naturally over time anyway, so it's quite a large sum for only temporary gain.

It's whether or not people consider the temporary gain worth the outlay :)

The fact that it is only temporary is something they keep under there hats at the sales pitch. IN fact it was not until after about 2 years when I was speaking to someone who wore glasses and asked if she had considered laser treatment and I couldnt believe she had already had it done! I was under the impression this was for life and that is what they told me. They told me that my eyes may deteriorate for long sighted but not for short sightedness!

They told me I could go for the £895 per eye but if I wanted the wavefront technology which could prevent night halos, that would be extra and I couldnt have it done afterwards if I did get night halos.

What they don't tell you is that this is not guaranteed.

My eyesight is worse on a night after surgery than before with contacts. I get night halo and when I complained and said you told me it would repair it they said "no, we said it could help with it but could not be corrected after surgery"!

It's all sales pitch and even worse, I still get the bloody emails and letters every other day week me if I want to go ahead with it....... hello, it's already been done!

Back