Last Holiday..

Emmaline

Hippety Hop!
4045ba31-f303-4e17-a8d7-3c30e20cb2dd.jpg

This was my first cruise on the Oceana in 2011 which was fab!
This last time I went on the same ship for Christmas and the New Year but unfortunately it has gone downhill bit by bit each year and it was horrible, plus my back was very painful so it will most probably be the last one..
crying-emoticon-293.png

Last edited:
Nice thread idea. A couple of years ago I went to Greece. Unfortunately the weather was awful most days. But I went on a few cruises with my family and I visited a lagoon for the first time. I found it really beautiful and felt compelled to swim for the first time in years. I used to love swimming, but have felt very self-conscious after gaining so much weight. I guess that's another eventual reward in my weight loss.

lagoon.jpg

@Emmaline have you tried any of the newer cruise ships? I have only been on a cruise once which was years ago and with "Airtours" who aren't even going these days I don't think. I went with family to Italy, Spain, France and Tunisia. We had a fab time but cruising is very bad for the waistline!!

I had a weekend break in Copenhagen in February and went in the caravan to Wales in the autumn, but my last proper holiday was last April to Jordan. It was amazing. Visited the Dead Sea, Petra and stayed in a Bedouin camp in the desert and went snorkeling in the Red Sea. It is a beautiful and welcoming country who are really suffering from lack of tourists due to their dodgy neighbourhood of the world. I highly recommend everyone to consider it if they are planning a trip.

Next week I'm off to Gran Canaria for my SIL's 40th :)

@Emmaline that's a lovely photo, arent those men looking very dapper in black tie. I don't think I would like a cruise.
Last holiday was recently in rural SW France, we rented a house and stayed for 3 weeks. Thats what we've done for the past 3 years.
I'd love some winter sun this year, has anyone any suggestions?

Back