Last leg and through to maintenance

iwillbethinagain

Silver Member
So it is 2nd January 2013 and Day 1 of the second (and final) leg of my diet.

I lost 23lbs between 3rd October and 13th December 2012. I have gained 8lbs since then (I always gain over Christmas!) but I am back on it now!

Yesterday I felt horrendous, all bloated and it was painful so I was relishing restarting today! I have had a toffee shake, a lemon bar and mac and cheese with 150g broccoli, 2 cups of tea and I plan on another cup of tea and a hot shake later.

On the positives: My skinny jeans still fit despite the 8lb gain!

Tomorrow I am out for dinner with my M-in-L and on Sunday have a birthday meal for my friend and on the 19th a leaving do at work! I figured it is now or never, I didn't want to keep putting it off.

I can already tell this isn't going to be as easy as he first half! I'm sooo hungry. Just having my final shake- a hot chocolate one. Hopefully will see me through to 9am.

Hi iwbta - subscribing :D:D

Just a thought - you have so little to lose, do you really need to be on vlcd? You could probably do it calorie counting - and that would mean that your unplanned pudding wouldn't have been forbidden and you wouldn't have to feel you've failed

But I see on your signature something about your thyroid so that probably makes it all harder to lose weight 'normally'

Anyhoo - good luck for today! :D:D:D I'm starving :rolleyes:

Thanks guys!

Lou_G - I can't CC, I think it was you who said that JUDDD hadn't worked with you first time because you used all your calories up early- I am exactly the same CC, have a chocolate bar at 11am then starve myself! I plan on doing SnS until I get to goal, then slowly re-introduce food. SnS is the only diet that has ver worked fr me!

Haha it was definitely me who uses all me cals up too early!! I even have all my packs by about 4pm most days :)

Bloody impossible

had a quite little sniggle at that!!! i'm the other way. i push myself to the point i'm chopping (bout 2pm ) then find an excuss to push it further often ending up with 3 meals to have all at one go. I must improve this behaviour (she says smacking herself on the back of the head):copon:

I remember why I love this diet now. Had a bar for late breakfast, hazelnut shake for lunch at 4 then had 150g (uncooked weight) of sea bass with 100g of spinach, 50g of rather many mushroom, a tiny bit of scotch bonnet pepper and a mac and cheese pack over the top, yummy! So full now. Depending on how I feel later I may have another shake but not unless necessary.

And as a positive I had an interview for my uni placement and I got it, seem like a really nice team to, should be good.

Day 3 done! Didn't have the extra pack. Getting hungry now so off to bed. I need tomorrow to be ok- out for a friends birthday (supportive, diet friendly people) so shouldn't be an issue but it is usually my worst pre-ketosis day and I have an essay to write! Ah well. Night all.

Day 3 done! Didn't have the extra pack. Getting hungry now so off to bed. I need tomorrow to be ok- out for a friends birthday (supportive, diet friendly people) so shouldn't be an issue but it is usually my worst pre-ketosis day and I have an essay to write! Ah well. Night all.

Me too I've got 5000 words due end of next week and feel like I've done zilch! I've been so busy with work, 3 kids and this it's gone the back of my mind :(

had a quite little sniggle at that!!! i'm the other way. i push myself to the point i'm chopping (bout 2pm ) then find an excuss to push it further often ending up with 3 meals to have all at one go. I must improve this behaviour (she says smacking herself on the back of the head):copon:

I try and leave it as late as possibly for 'breakfast' but then have the others at vaguely sensible meal times. Once I am in ketosis I'm fine and just have them when I can stomach them!

Me too I've got 5000 words due end of next week and feel like I've done zilch! I've been so busy with work, 3 kids and this it's gone the back of my mind :(

What course you doing? Luckily mine is only 2500 words and I don't have kids, but do work full time!

Having said that my friend is understanding about the diet thing she has only gone and picked a bloody burger joint to eat at! Don't know what to do now.

So far today I have had a chocolate shake and some spinach soup. Yum!

What course you doing? Luckily mine is only 2500 words and I don't have kids, but do work full time!

Having said that my friend is understanding about the diet thing she has only gone and picked a bloody burger joint to eat at! Don't know what to do now.

I'm doing a management course through Chester uni. I'm lucky though the tutor offered me an extension if I need it due to my 'circumstances'. He's really good like that!

spinach soup.

did you make that yourself

Yeah, 100g spinach, chicken bouillon (the type we are allowed to have) half a teaspoon of cornflour (2.5g of carbs), salt, pepper and nut meg. Boil for half an hour then blitz. Really tasty.

Day 5 is nearly over, been 100% today :) Yesterday I went for the meal for my friends birthday and just bit the bullet and had a burger a few of my friends chips. Back on it today though and not seeing it as a reason to give up completely. Decided that as this is my last leg and I have just a stone to lose that that is what I am going to do- take the weight loss slower, increase my calories slowly and start planning for a life after sns, for the next two weeks this will involve me doing mainly sns with extra protein then slowly increasing the veg and eventually, when I am about 2lbs from goal increase some 'good' carbs (fruit, whole grains etc). If it stops working I can always come back to doing a strict sns. For the next few weeks I will keep in ketosis for ease and I don't have any nights out/ special events coming up so shouldn't be too difficult, on 19th I have a leaving do at work. I have already selected a low carb meal (and paid for it) and will use that for the start of 'phase 2' if all has gone well ('well' being defined as being under 10st), opinions and thoughts on my plan are welcome.

Back