Last night was a DISASTER & i was going to quit today but...

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
... i received my best friends wedding invitation in the post this morning :eek: and i would not miss it for the world, so i have to do CD :).

But i would like some advice about what to do after last night. Basically what happened was that i got through Day 6 on SS fine but last night i couldn't get to sleep because i kept getting up for a tiny pee every 2 mins:(. This lasted an hour and got to the point where i was just crying :cry: :cry: :cry:because i was tired and didnt sleep much the night before.

Anway, i decided that i would have to eat something to help me pee more and get to sleep. This is because i have found that after i eat food when i have been trying to restart CD in the past, i could pee more and that was it. Wierd i know!!

So i had some food with tears down my face because i didnt want to ruin my diet and then i got so upset and angry that i ate more :(:cry::( . What i had was some keema and peas ( there was no chicken in the house) and then because i got angry i had 2 small packs of ready salted crisps and a sweet. I was so angry and upset and the thing that surprised me was that it all tasted disgusting and different :jelous:. After that i went to the loo once and then managed to fall aslp.

This morning i have been felling so hungry and considering quiting the diet :(. I have cried so much but i keep thikning of my best friends wedding and how happy i am for her and thats giving me strength to continue with the diet so i can go to her wedding.

I weighed myself this morning and i weighed 10 stone 8 lbs, so thats 5.8 lbs loss in week1 even tho its been on TOTM and i ate last night. I am not too dissapointed because i lost 5lbs in week 1 last time i did CD :rolleyes:.

Anyway, i was wondering how can i get rid of the food i ate last night and get back into ketosis quicker :confused:?? I am seeing my CDC tonight and i know i will weigh more if i drink more water, so i have only had 1 litre so far and i hope to drink more after i return from being weighed. Also will i getinto ketosis quicker this time?

I'm sorry about the long post :eek: but i just had to talk to someone about last night because no1 else around me seems to understand and thinks the diet is easy, which i find so annoying :mad:.

I would appreciate any advice. :)

Thanks in advance xx :)

p.s this might sound wierd but what do you wear to a english christian wedding?? I'm muslim and we wear these kinda suits:
Salwar Kameez, Salwar Suits
But i want to blend in rather than stick out. I was thikning i might have a look around monsoon for what to wear.

Think the best thing to do is drink loads and loads and loads of water so all the badness is flushed out your system.
1 slip-up won't make much of a difference...you've done it now, so don't do it again!!!
was just wondering why you had 2 bags of crips and not 1?? ;)

Dont worry, you had one slip up and now you are carrying on. What you ate wasnt a great big stuff your face binge, you will be fine - i've also got 2 weddings to go to one in july and one in august and im dammed if im going as a heifer at 12.12lb so thats what is keeping me going and you guys of course!

:)

Think the best thing to do is drink loads and loads and loads of water so all the badness is flushed out your system.
1 slip-up won't make much of a difference...you've done it now, so don't do it again!!!

I dont plan to have any more slips-ups. I find them very upsetting and difficult because i am an all or nothing kinda person.

lol, i had the 2 packets because i was so angry i wanted to eat as much as i could and all we had in the house was crisps, keema and sweets and biscuits lol. So i went for the crisps, lol.

I still feel really shitty about it because i am a perfectionist and i like things to go perfect but i am ok with it now.

Thanks for your support xx :)

Dont worry, you had one slip up and now you are carrying on. What you ate wasnt a great big stuff your face binge, you will be fine - i've also got 2 weddings to go to one in july and one in august and im dammed if im going as a heifer at 12.12lb so thats what is keeping me going and you guys of course!

Thanks for your reply hun, i'm feeling much better with all the positive support on here. I was trying not to binge last night but eveything tasted weird and not yummy like it used to, so i couldnt eat much.

I am sure you'll lose the weight before the wedding, you have lots of time yet. Its a great thing to keep you going isnt it. I think i would have definatley quit if i didnt recieve the invitation this morning. I have about 7 weeks to get from 10.8 stones to a minimum of 9 stones. I dont think i will reach goal before the wedding, but i know i look ok at 9 stones.

I was wondering, what are you planning on wearing?? I have nver been to an english wedding in a church before, i'm very excited :) xx

you wont stick out in those dresses they are beautiful,,very dressy for a weeding too

I don't know what im wearing at the moment, depends on what fits I think but then I should be superslim I hope!

For an english wedding you just have to look smart, i wouldnt' advise wearing black if you can help it, but I think what you suggested will be fine.

you wont stick out in those dresses they are beautiful,,very dressy for a weeding too

I'm still thikning about what to wear. I think i will either get a dress form monsoon or get an outfit similar to those in the link i showed you. They have new designs out now too for those outfits, such as sleeveless and more dressy. I'll think about it tho. I'm so excited, lol. xx

I don't know what im wearing at the moment, depends on what fits I think but then I should be superslim I hope!

For an english wedding you just have to look smart, i wouldnt' advise wearing black if you can help it, but I think what you suggested will be fine.

awww, i love black! Nevermind, i'm sure i'll find something nice to wear. You will defo be superslim by the time the wedding come round, so i am sure you will have alot of dressed to choose from. You'll have to let us know what yu decide on, lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies :) xx

...i think you've done really well. i'd be more than happy to go to a wedding (or anywhere) at 10 stone 8! You will look fab whatever you wear. I've had a few nibbles creeping in more and more but with my 40th in the summer and a foreign holiday in october to look forward to I have to do this for no-one other than me. I want to look at photos and like what i see.

Well if ur gonna ask her that you may as well as why she ate in the first place - cos she just did! lol...

HONEY! Dont worry about it - you had a funny turn - that was it - the best thing to do in future is to probably have a big glass of water to flush it right out of your system, you want to also make sure u dont have a water infection as this sounds quite like it - get it checked out if you keep having nights like this.

Im sure ANY dress from Monsoon is beautiful, good luck on ur hunt for one!!

The best way to rid of the food is water water water! x

Don't be too hard on yourself- I am a control freak and get really mad with myself if I break the diet. My CDC tells me to think back to what I used to eat and put it into perspective which always gets me back on track.

Try Coast and Phase Eight for gorgeous wedding outfits. I am off to a wedding in Aug and picked up a few fab things in M and S surprisingly!

Dont be too mad, on Saturday (day 5) I got upset like you and had a large big mac meal!! So 2 bags of crisps are nothing lol.

xx

Aww, you guys are fab. I really appreciate your support. I did feel so awful this morning because i do like to control things but i am so glad i got the wedding to go to because i feel like i have a deadline now rather than feleing i can just start tmrw. Which goes on forever.

I have got weighed today and according to CDC's scales i have lost 5.3lbs, lol. But i'l go off both mine and her scales.

I am happy with this loss since its been TOTM and i slipped up last night but i am not looking forward to next week. I remember last time i did CD and i got a 2lb loss for week2, i was so disheartened and came so close to quiting. So i am hoping for a 2lb+ loss.

Thanks for help with what to wear tothe wedding. I am so excited to start shopping, but i will try to find a dress atvthe end of May when i have lost more weight.

I hope everyone has had a good day :) xx

Back